Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079691 times)

Euius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.10-r1
« Reply #735 on: September 05, 2014, 01:08:36 pm »

When I pared down a spawn-unit script to make just animals, I just removed the entire nemesis portion because I didn't think an unintelligent creature could consciously decide that someone is an enemy (Jaws and Moby Dick notwithstanding).
If you're going to remove the Nemesis portion, then you must also remove the Historical Figure information with it, since the game will likely get very confused if it finds a historical figure with no nemesis record, potentially by crashing outright. Once your animal kills a historical figure, the game will automatically make it into one (and create a Nemesis record for it as well).

FWIW, the animal I was referring too is not a historical figure. In fact, it was a wild boar piglet, which was born on the map and is guaranteed to not have killed anything, much less anything historical.  However, the wild boar does in fact have a hist_figure_id set

I thought I had tracked down the training info in unit.status.misc_traits, where there is 3 undefined traits that are on the animal (ids 31, 54, and 61) but then I found that they are set on purely domestic animals as well - but not all of them, not even all of the same breed/caste

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #736 on: September 05, 2014, 01:41:37 pm »

FWIW, the animal I was referring too is not a historical figure. In fact, it was a wild boar piglet, which was born on the map and is guaranteed to not have killed anything, much less anything historical.  However, the wild boar does in fact have a hist_figure_id set
If a creature's hist_figure_id is not equal to -1, then by definition it is a historical figure. It's possible that the act of training it makes it into a hist figure, perhaps in order to assign entity/site membership to it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 05, 2014, 01:44:13 pm »

Yeah, not sure where people get this idea that hist figures have to be legendary in some way (I.E flashing or having killed something important). It's certainly not the case--all of your fortress citizens are hist figures, every single person your adventurer talks to becomes a hist figure right then and there if they weren't already, among other things.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 05, 2014, 02:33:26 pm »

Yeah, not sure where people get this idea that hist figures have to be legendary in some way (I.E flashing or having killed something important). It's certainly not the case--all of your fortress citizens are hist figures, every single person your adventurer talks to becomes a hist figure right then and there if they weren't already, among other things.
also the whole historical figure nemesis bit is there in case you want to jump into their bodies for adventure mode and not having the game horribly bug out doing so.
oh and I thought I already fix spawn units?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 05, 2014, 03:40:40 pm »

also the whole historical figure nemesis bit is there in case you want to jump into their bodies for adventure mode and not having the game horribly bug out doing so.

That is entirely possible.  I was working off an old 34.11r3 script that I then pruned (incorrectly it turns out) and then tacked on a couple bits specific to the mod I'm working on.

Is there a unit spawning script for 40?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 05, 2014, 03:44:31 pm »

So these creatures might be spawned as wild animals (civ -1) or already tame (members of the player's civ).  If I understand you and Quietust correctly, they should spawn historical with nemesis data.  Having a few wild animals in there won't crash Legends.

For the stretch goal, I'd like Legends to say that the creature "emerged" in year X rather than "was born" but that is about eighty-third on the priority list.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 05, 2014, 04:37:27 pm »

Is there a DFHack 0.34.11 r5-compatible script which makes injured but conscious dwarves take care of themselves?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 05, 2014, 05:08:49 pm »

There's fix/feeding-timers.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 05, 2014, 07:19:03 pm »

Umm... What do I put in DFHack to embark anywhere?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 05, 2014, 07:55:44 pm »

Use embark-tools in the console. But it's not enable by default, so you have to type "embark-tools enable" first.

Speaking of which, the default dfhack.init-example file is severely outdated. The hotkeys plugin is simply missing, workflow and embark-tools aren't enabled by default, the zone/mousequery/etc. line is commented out for no reason; it would make things much less tedious for the end user if most features that objectively add to the game were enabled by default (and better yet, had default keybindings associated to them so they'd be documented somewhere).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 07, 2014, 02:15:36 am »

That is entirely possible.  I was working off an old 34.11r3 script that I then pruned (incorrectly it turns out) and then tacked on a couple bits specific to the mod I'm working on.

Is there a unit spawning script for 40?
yes
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Troas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 07, 2014, 10:10:59 am »

Couple questions...

1. Is it possible to pause world generation and run a script in the middle of it? Namely in between when civilizations are placed and history starts running.
2. Has anyone played with adding noble positions using DFHack? It seems like all the pertinent information is there, but I am unsure how it would effect gameplay and if the position would be used by the computer or would even be usable by the players.
3. Similarly, Ethics, is there any effect on gameplay, changing them in game?
4. I know there is a quick way to find material id and index using df.mat_find (or whatever the function is, not at my DF computer right now), is there a similar way to find a creatures id and caste id? How about for things like leathers? (I am looking to be able to add and remove all the different types of items and materials from an entity using DFHack, and to do that I need to be able to find the correct indices for the things to add/remove).

for question 2:  The Dwarven Higher learning mod does this, although I don't think the librarian position has any actual duties.  The mod was created for 34.x but if you manually apply the raw file changes it appears to work in 40.x (I only use the medical ward part of the mod - I don't like the thought of subjecting patients to a surgeon with rusty skills).
You'd think handing out the crossbows to brain damaged dwarfs would be a bad idea but it isn't

Save the catgirls!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 07, 2014, 11:32:44 am »

yes

Thank you very much!  It lists historical figure and nemesis data in the "to do" part of the comments, but the script already has code to do those things.  Are you referring to fleshing out more details for the historical figure and nemesis data?
Just got back, updating:

Aloriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 07, 2014, 04:40:38 pm »

There's something strange going on in my fort...

I have dwarves that are ignoring their assigned labors entirely. For example, I have a brewer who idles instead of constructing a still. And now, he's gone off to hunt for a small creature despite no one in the fortress at all having the hunting labor set. I have no burrows.

I also have had dwarves ignoring mining above them, even though stairs reach the ceiling.

Similarly, I have several idle dwarves who have nothing but hauling labors set, and there is SO much to haul right now.

Any guesses as to what is going on here? Is it DFHack causing this, or DF doing this on its own?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 07, 2014, 05:01:14 pm »

Hunt small creature means he is starving and cannot find any food.  He is basically starving to death and looking for any rats or bugs to eat.   It sounds like something may have happened to cut him off from the fortress proper.  If any workshops were built might want to make sure they aren't blocking the only exit or something.

From everything you are describing it sounds like -something- is blocking passage to the locations where work needs to be done.  DFHack can cause stuff like that iirc when using certain tools but it should not be doing that if it's just sitting idle.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 360