Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078751 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.10-r1
« Reply #1050 on: October 01, 2014, 06:35:43 pm »

Can you use DFHack to add a syndrome to the selected dwarf?
i.e. to turn a dwarf into a vampire

Yes, but the syndrome has to have a name. See the modtools/add-syndrome script for details.

Thanks, I'm assuming the name given in the LegendsViewer would work.
 Also, it was called add-syndrome?!
 I ctrl-f'd all over the place, well sorry for having missed it with so obvious a name.

I tried a bunch of things with this and could not figure out how to make it work. Can anyone tell me the command you'd use to make a vampire.

-snip

I got the whole modtools/add-syndrome -syndrome "gila monster bite" -target 16157 to work (found the target id with teleport ShowUnitID) and I guess that worked cause I go no error from it. But I want to make a vampire with it.... Nothing I try replacing "gila monster bite" seems to work. Can anyone get that to work? Or there is this script that is suppose to work in 34.11 r3, if someone could port that to 40.13 that'd be really sweet.

The base for it was this. That script actually pops up a list of syndromes in dfhack but there were none that said vampire.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1051 on: October 01, 2014, 06:39:51 pm »

If none say vampire, then none are named vampire and your script as written won't work.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 01, 2014, 08:19:59 pm »

That script is written here. I don't know, the only other way I can really see making a vampire is through the autosyndrome pluggin that meph has in masterwork with a reaction at a workshop. Seems the easiest but that pluggin was changed to be 2 different lua files in 40.xx.

But that script if rewritten for 40.13 should work possibly, I say that but I don't know how to rewrite it. But it does work in the 34.11 version I just tested it on (34.11r1 or r3 (it was made for r3 though). The modtools section of dfhack wasn't there before 40.xx so idk if that stuff (syndromes) is the same. Or if vampire is not a syndrome anymore.

Hmm I checked on r63 of the lazy newbpack 34.11 but that doesn't work so it wasn't working on r5 of dfhack. I think the one I tested it on and it worked was DFHack 0.34.11r1, though it is for r3. Though cursecheck after I let the game run for a minute or so shows I do have a vampire and dwarf therapist confirmed it with the highlight in that version.

If none say vampire, then none are named vampire and your script as written won't work.

Well is there a way to check the name of a units syndrome?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 01, 2014, 08:26:53 pm »

All syndrome names are listed in that inject-syndrome script.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 01, 2014, 08:51:18 pm »

This one?, possibly but a good number of them are ? and beast sickness. It's really just a few that are readable. Plus it doesn't change the fact that the other script was built from it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 01, 2014, 09:13:24 pm »

Yes, that one. The vampire syndrome is more than likely one of the ? syndromes.

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 01, 2014, 09:22:34 pm »

The DFFD links seem to be dead, and the DFHACK/dfhack site only seems to have source doe downloads. Is there a mirror where I can get the Windows release?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 01, 2014, 09:23:44 pm »

The DFFD links seem to be dead, and the DFHACK/dfhack site only seems to have source doe downloads. Is there a mirror where I can get the Windows release?

DFFD isn't dead right now...

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 01, 2014, 09:27:03 pm »

Both of the scripts give the same errors on 40.13 though. Ok you were right I tried 5-6 of those ? in 34.11r1 or r3 and they all became vampires.. To bad it still wouldn't work without being changed/updated because of the errors it has in 40.13 though.

DFFD isn't dead right now...

It could be for him, some people aren't able to get on there for some reason or another. You can try downloading the LNP The dropbox link it comes with dfhack installed in it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:29:31 pm by LeoCean »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 01, 2014, 09:37:58 pm »

The INVENTORY_CHANGE event currently crashes the game whenever it runs regardless of listeners.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 03, 2014, 10:19:43 am »

I wonder if anyone would be interested in wrangling up something for dfhack that can do stuff with the ABOVE_GROUND and SUBTERRANEAN tags. E.g. if you cast obsidian over a river, the riverbed is still tagged above ground, despite being hidden under a ton of rock.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 03, 2014, 11:44:45 am »

Yeah, that one is tricky I imagine, given how it works now I don't know of any way to undo the above ground/light tag, despite breaking all sorts of other stuff messing with things like infinitesky and tiletypes and so forth.

I mean, at one point I got a layer of air that randomly turned an adamantine tower into sand and killed several dwarves before I figured out that the (un)biome it was considered had a temperature of 0 urists!

I tried to break that for a while but despite having tons of magma there, campfires, ashes, wildfires, burning material, anything... it remained 0 out of 10,000+ urists consistently.

I can't imagine what sort of fun you'd get from being able to toggle above/below ground/dark/light status freely.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 03, 2014, 12:13:27 pm »

The INVENTORY_CHANGE event currently crashes the game whenever it runs regardless of listeners.

That's bad. I'll take a look. Out of curiosity what mode did you test it in?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 03, 2014, 01:24:59 pm »

That's bad. I'll take a look. Out of curiosity what mode did you test it in?

Dwarf.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 04, 2014, 01:08:41 am »

Hi, is there a way for a script to know if a particular unit has a particular syndrome?  I know that Dwarf Therapist can list current syndromes, so the info must be in there somewhere.

When I tried to figure out the structure of an active syndrome, I came up with the following (edited to make the values line up):
Code: [Select]
[lua]# for k,v in pairs(miner_unit.syndromes.active[0]) do print(k,v) end
type                  1
year                  125
year_time             18832
ticks                 3
wounds                <vector<int32_t>: 0x35ff2840>
wound_id              -1
symptoms              <vector<unit_syndrome.T_symptoms*>: 0x35ff2854>
reinfection_count     1
flags                 <unit_syndrome.T_flags: 0x35ff2868>
unk4                  <vector<int32_t>: 0x35ff286c>

The 'type' was 1 for two different syndromes, so that's not an identifier.  Running the same loop on 'wounds' and 'unk4' yields nothing, and 'symptoms' doesn't give me anything useful.  My guess is that I'm doing this almost exactly wrong.

In the give-me-a-fish category, how do I find out if a specific syndrome is affecting a unit?
In the teach-me-to-fish category, is there a complete object model documented somewhere?

DFHack is awesome, it's just a tad overwhelming at times.

Edit: Had the 'type' be 1 on one syndrome and 20 on another, so that seems to be an identifier.  The question then becomes, where do I look up that identifier to get the name of the syndrome?  I can't depend on the numeric id's staying static since who knows what other mods might be loaded in the future.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:32:38 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 360