Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079457 times)

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1095 on: October 12, 2014, 07:14:48 am »

I know DFHack has drainaquifer. Is the reverse possible? Could a layer be turned into an aquifer layer?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 12, 2014, 04:43:28 pm »

A quick question. I've pored over the DFHack readme multiple times but I can't seem to for the life of me figure out how to get the mod manager GUI to work without throwing up an error and shoving me back to the normal DFHack prompt.

This normal behaviour or am I doing something wrong? I do have a mods folder in the hack folder, with mods installed.

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 12, 2014, 06:44:46 pm »

I know DFHack has drainaquifer. Is the reverse possible? Could a layer be turned into an aquifer layer?

Yes.  On the map block level, there are three flags to set: flags.has_aquifer, flags.check_aquifer, and designation[x%16][y%16].water_table for each tile you want to turn into a water source.  In addition, df.global.world.raws.inorganics[???].flags.AQUIFER for that tile's rock/soil type needs to be true.  (Or perhaps the tile's layer type; I haven't experimented with veins and inclusions.)

Even after all four flags are set, it might take a few steps for the new aquifer to start leaking.

It also appears that the drainaquifer script might be slightly wrong; it can miss aquifers that happen to miss the two tiles it checks, and it ignores the two block-level flags.  Is that a problem in practice?
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 12, 2014, 07:57:31 pm »

It also appears that the drainaquifer script might be slightly wrong; it can miss aquifers that happen to miss the two tiles it checks, and it ignores the two block-level flags.  Is that a problem in practice?
Yes - I've had small sections of an aquifer remain after running drainaquifer.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 13, 2014, 01:59:29 am »

A quick question. I've pored over the DFHack readme multiple times but I can't seem to for the life of me figure out how to get the mod manager GUI to work without throwing up an error

Which error is very important.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: October 13, 2014, 09:27:32 am »

Hi all,

I've been experiencing some strange behaviour with the digtype plugin. When I invoke the plugin, any constructed walls built in previously mined veins of that type are marked for removal. Is this intended behaviour? It seems strange if it is.

I'm using the Starter Pack 40_13 r4

If this is not the best place to report this please direct me to a more appropriate place.

Cheers

Definitely a bug. I'll add it to the list.

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 13, 2014, 09:53:53 am »

Yes - I've had small sections of an aquifer remain after running drainaquifer.

Okay.  Because I was already meddling in that area for other reasons, and found the Ruby harder to debug than to replace, I've created a new drain-aquifer script using Lua.

Meanwhile, I'm vaguely curious about block flag 9, undocumented but occasionally set.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 13, 2014, 10:26:08 am »

A quick question. I've pored over the DFHack readme multiple times but I can't seem to for the life of me figure out how to get the mod manager GUI to work without throwing up an error
Which error is very important.
This is the error I usually get when inputting the command:
Code: [Select]

...\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\scripts/gui/mod-manager.lua:247: attempt to index local 'choice' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\scripts/gui/mod-manager.lua:247: in function <...\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\scripts/gui/mod-manager.lua:246>
[C]: in function 'on_select'
... 0.40.13\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:491: in function 'moveCursor'
... 0.40.13\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:447: in function 'setSelected'
... 0.40.13\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:442: in function 'setChoices'
... 0.40.13\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:423: in function 'fun'
...rtress 0.40.13\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\lua\class.lua:98: in function 'invoke_after_rec'
...rtress 0.40.13\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\lua\class.lua:127: in function 'List'
...\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\scripts/gui/mod-manager.lua:207: in function 'fun'
...rtress 0.40.13\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\lua\class.lua:98: in function 'invoke_after_rec'
...rtress 0.40.13\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\lua\class.lua:127: in function 'manager'
...\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\hack\scripts/gui/mod-manager.lua:347: in main chunk
(...tail calls...)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 13, 2014, 02:42:02 pm »

Does the mod have an init.lua?

Trouserman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 13, 2014, 03:11:28 pm »

Yes.  On the map block level, there are three flags to set: flags.has_aquifer, flags.check_aquifer, and designation[x%16][y%16].water_table for each tile you want to turn into a water source.  In addition, df.global.world.raws.inorganics[???].flags.AQUIFER for that tile's rock/soil type needs to be true.  (Or perhaps the tile's layer type; I haven't experimented with veins and inclusions.)

Even after all four flags are set, it might take a few steps for the new aquifer to start leaking.

Thanks. I had to dig around for how to access some of the relevant data, but this was enough for me to put together a toggleaquifer script that suits my purposes. It seems that the rock/soil type does not in fact need to be tagged as aquifer for this to work, and in particular the veins and inclusions can be made into aquifer. So, it was necessary to test that the tiletype is not MineralWall. I also added checks for surrounding open blocks, so that exposed edges don't begin to leak. (Though it is amusing for a slope to just start leaking all over the landscape.)

Presumably, the drainaquifer script is checking the corner and center of the block as a quick test if there are any aquifer tiles in the block. It should probably be checking the block-level flags, instead. And then, as you note, turning them off. (I suspect the only harm leaving them set does is causing some small amount of lag from extra checks for exposed aquifer cells. I'm not sure what has_aquifer does; check_aquifer seems to be necessary and sufficient for aquifer tiles in the block to function.)

Edit: I spoke too soon; check_aquifer doesn't apply to the aquifer tiles within a block, but to the tiles in the block which are adjacent to aquifer tiles. That makes a rigorous script for altering the aquifer status of individual layers a bit more complicated. Just when I thought I was done.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:26:20 pm by Trouserman »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 13, 2014, 03:26:56 pm »

Does the mod have an init.lua?
They do.

EDIT: Never mind, fixed it. I just deleted and repasted the mods and it worked again. Weird.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:31:03 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 14, 2014, 10:11:25 am »

Is there a script to force a megabeast attack? I heard there's one to force sieges, but I really need a challenge- like ten Bronze Colossi. Is there a script for that?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 14, 2014, 10:38:48 am »

there is no longer a script to force sieges.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 14, 2014, 10:46:46 am »

there is no longer a script to force sieges.
Just to expand that a bit... siege armies now actually move across the map to your fort.  They no longer appear out of thin air.

You can use spawn-unit to create 10 hostile bronze colossi, but that's not quite the same thing as a megabeast attack.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: October 14, 2014, 10:54:40 am »

Crépe... Ohwell. Can someone tell me how to spawn
A female dragon at the curser
A male roc at the curser
I can just replace whatever beast I want spawned in the command, I really hate having to wait for virtual Smaug to show up. In the new version, I've gotten two hydrae, one bronze colossi, and three dragon attacks. I used to make sport of putting dragon bone doors everywhere.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 360