Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073423 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1155 on: October 18, 2014, 07:35:56 pm »

I cannot see why slayrace wouldn't work with syndrometrigger.

Might have to do with the fact that the slayrace targeted it's own species so the moment such a command was activated it would cause an instant game over. More specifically an instant game over the moment you unpause after embarking.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 18, 2014, 07:37:49 pm »

That would be a problem with slayrace, not syndrome-trigger.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 18, 2014, 08:00:43 pm »

there is no longer a script to horse sieges.
Just to expand that a bit... siege armies now actually move across the map to your fort.  They no longer appear out of thin air.

You can use spawn-unit to create 10 hostile bronze colossi, but that's not quite the same thing as a megabeast attack.

Wait, this is possible to do in-game?

I have work to do...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 18, 2014, 08:11:49 pm »

there is no longer a script to force sieges.
Just to expand that a bit... siege armies now actually move across the map to your fort.  They no longer appear out of thin air.

I am no expert on this(not even a noobie) but I think the first step to reimplementing siege forcing is figuring out what makes an army decide to move across the map to your fort in the first place.

Or is dwarfhack not capable of accessing the code responsible for that in the first place.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 18, 2014, 09:51:37 pm »

Couple questions that are probably more on the fringe of what anyone has done with DFHack;

1. Currently, setting a creatures CAGED flag to true has the desired effect of removing the creature from the map (i.e. like a banishment spell). Unfortunately, when resetting the flag to false, the game crashes. I have tried a couple different things to avoid this crash, but have not had any luck. Has anyone experimented at all with this? Or does anyone have a working banishment-like spell?

2. Has anyone experimented with adding full entities after the game has already begun? By adding entities, I mean, adding one to the df.global.world.entities.all table, and filling all the appropriate fields in. I understand that there wouldn't be any known units currently existing for this new entity, but you could then possible create new units for them, and generate a full new entity.

3. Is there a flag, or relationship vector, stored somewhere that specifies if an entity is at war with another entity? Can peace/war be toggled as an option?

4. I find it interesting that pretty much everything an entity has access to but buildings are stored in a configurable space, is this just because we haven't found the memory locations for where buildings are stored, or are they just always read directly from the raws whenever needed?

5. Is it possible to configure the accessibility of certain tiles? I experimented with temperature changes, and they did indeed prevent movement through the tiles for as long as the temperature change lasted, but since temperature changes can not be permanent, and are actually somewhat random, that doesn't really work.

6. Is there a list, or someway to figure out, exactly what type of tile is underneath a unit (or a particular location)? What I mean is that there is currently several different numbers associated with a tile (type, id, biome-id, etc...) and except for very few instances (basically normal underground dirt) I am unsure what all the different numbers affect.

7. I forget who, but someone recently talked about the trouble with dfhack.run_script commands and the fact that if you save a game before a script is run, and then reload it, the script will not run. Is it at all possible to make those commands persistent over saves without a lot of hassle?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 18, 2014, 09:57:23 pm »

1. You try just sorta moving it off-map?
2. I've added historical figures after worldgen successfully, and full entities can be made by the player in adventure mode; I'm not sure all of what that entails, but it may be possible.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 18, 2014, 11:52:08 pm »

I have a bit of a request for the pros here, I'm running into a town related crash in adventure mode, though specifically I want to see if I can save this savegame, especially since that adventurer is underground and thus, kind of stuck.

Basically, I'm just wondering if you guys can somehow salvage that specific savegame, but providing some insight into what's causing the crash would be of help to Toady One.

I might be able to get out by saving every ten steps or something.

I'm using Peridexis's starter pack r1.

Edit: Okay, I got out by saving every ten steps. Seems that once the trouble spot got offloaded, it stopped crashing, I think.

You know, instead of ignoring my posts, you guys (including the pros) could just say 'no idea' if you have no idea how to look into it.

I am really disliking the fact that it looks like you people are ignoring my posts. :<

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 19, 2014, 01:05:53 am »

How would I hack in dragon bones?

I put "createitem REMAINS CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:BONE 10"
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 19, 2014, 08:35:01 am »

You know, instead of ignoring my posts, you guys (including the pros) could just say 'no idea' if you have no idea how to look into it.

I am really disliking the fact that it looks like you people are ignoring my posts. :<

The problem with that is, if nobody really knew how to deal with it, then what you'd get would be about a dozen posts saying, "No idea." For every single post that they didn't know about—not to mention the half-dozen or so saying "No idea" for every post that some of them knew the answers to. Because there isn't some central repository of knowledge, and the "pros", as you call them, aren't this close-knit group of hotshot developers that consult behind the scenes about every single post on the thread; they're really just a bunch of guys, and it's pretty much expected that if anyone knows how to answer the question, they simply will.

So I'm afraid you're just going to have to deal with the fact that if you ask questions nobody knows the answer to, the response is going to be a resounding silence.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 19, 2014, 10:24:09 am »

The problem with that is, if nobody really knew how to deal with it, then what you'd get would be about a dozen posts saying, "No idea." For every single post that they didn't know about—not to mention the half-dozen or so saying "No idea" for every post that some of them knew the answers to. Because there isn't some central repository of knowledge, and the "pros", as you call them, aren't this close-knit group of hotshot developers that consult behind the scenes about every single post on the thread; they're really just a bunch of guys, and it's pretty much expected that if anyone knows how to answer the question, they simply will.

So I'm afraid you're just going to have to deal with the fact that if you ask questions nobody knows the answer to, the response is going to be a resounding silence.

Okay, good point then.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 19, 2014, 09:14:47 pm »

1. You try just sorta moving it off-map?
2. I've added historical figures after worldgen successfully, and full entities can be made by the player in adventure mode; I'm not sure all of what that entails, but it may be possible.

1. No actually, I hadn't... Seems like a pretty simple answer. I figured the game would complain about movement paths, or something else. I will give it a try.
2. Hmm, that sounds promising. I will have to look into it.

Gerund

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 19, 2014, 10:01:59 pm »

So, can I get access to a socket from a lua script? I can tell that I can use clsocket from a native plugin, but I want to write an IRC chatbot and I'd rather not have to build/manage binaries every time I want to make a dumb change.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 20, 2014, 10:13:26 am »

The problem with the alternative is you get 99 people saying "dunno" to every question (possibly followed by one person who does know) which doesn't really contribute to discussion and spams the thread. If someone knows the answer they'll say something within a day or two. If I don't know I just leave it.

Never mind, danaris beat me to it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:15:06 am by expwnent »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 20, 2014, 01:52:37 pm »

So, can I get access to a socket from a lua script? I can tell that I can use clsocket from a native plugin, but I want to write an IRC chatbot and I'd rather not have to build/manage binaries every time I want to make a dumb change.
Warmist's work in this branch may be helpful, although I'm not sure how usable it is in its current state.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Gerund

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 20, 2014, 03:36:45 pm »

Warmist's work in this branch may be helpful, although I'm not sure how usable it is in its current state.
Alright, I'll ping him to see what he remembers about it. On the off chance that I hack it into something halfway usable, you think upstream would be interested in a PR for it? Giving arbitrary scripts socket access might be a bit dicey.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 360