Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073232 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1215 on: October 25, 2014, 06:43:40 pm »

Manipulator?
I think it's fairly easy to get a list of skill names through DFHack (and I think Roses is asking for a way to do so without hardcoding each skill name, which DT wouldn't help with).
Edit:
Code: [Select]
for i in ipairs(df.job_skill) do print(i, df.job_skill[i], df.job_skill.attrs[i].caption, df.job_skill.attrs[i].caption_noun) end
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:49:59 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 25, 2014, 06:52:33 pm »

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. Just wasted 20 minutes trying to figure it out myself. Completely passed over the .attrs oh well, always good to learn :)

EDIT: Had a little more time to work on this today, here is what it's looking like now
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:56:46 pm by Roses »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 25, 2014, 08:04:20 pm »

Well, out of curiousity I tried to whip up a slapdash combination of the new df with this dfhack and the most recent twbt, it loads up ok but it doesn't give back the terminal to use dfhack commands, and the keybinds are all weird (l for announcements, f3 for pause/resume, s for artifacts?) but it DID load up the overrides properly though twbt didn't work either.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 25, 2014, 08:16:56 pm »

What platform? Did you update symbols.xml? Are you compiling DFHack from source or using a 0.40.13-r1 build?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 25, 2014, 08:39:14 pm »

Linux, I didn't remember to check the symbols, I'm just using the dfhack40.13.tar.bz I think.

For clarity, I dled the linux version from the bay12games site, grabbed a fresh dfhack40.13 from the front page here, and the twbt linked from the spacefox thread (5.27 I think) and put them together as usual, copied over the graphics, objects, art, and init/d_init, tried to use the old and new interface but both broke, though I did have to replace the libgraphics.so with the working one from my 40.13 game along with adding in libpng.so to fix the canberra-gtk-module thing.

Oh, weirdly enough it spams me with libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile if I try to start with ./df instead of ./dfhack, but yeah, looks pretty close to being fixable since it does load up, probably just needs the dfhack compiled against the right version?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:47:46 pm by Max™ »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 25, 2014, 08:50:06 pm »

If you replaced libgraphics.so with a copy from 0.40.13, that certainly explains the broken keybindings - 0.40.14 added new keybindings, changing the IDs of all keybindings following them, so DF 0.40.14 will retrieve the wrong  information from an older libgraphics (and may even crash in some cases - try accessing the last item of the last page of the keybindings screen).

DFHack refuses to load past a certain point if it doesn't recognize the DF version - adding a new <symbol-table> entry with the correct md5 should work. (Changing the md5 of an existing entry will almost certainly crash, however, since none of the addresses will be correct.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:52:34 pm by lethosor »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 25, 2014, 09:02:06 pm »

Ahhh, that explains the keybinds, good to know, I'll poke around with it in a bit, and try the mdf5 fix, thanks!

Hmmm, switching to the libgraphics.so that came with it breaks it, just spams me with the libstdc++.s0.6:version 'GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so) messages and then the canberra-gtk-module, but it did try to load the right bindings, though they weren't actually right in the save I loaded, but that's not unexpected given how sloppily I put everything together atm.

When I get back on I'll try it with a fresh df, fresh dfhack, and put the right md5 in there, and then update the keybinds by hand.

This too, which was new to me, looks like the fruit gathering stuff keybinds, but the openal thing I've never seen before.
Sound devices available:
OpenAL Soft
Picking OpenAL Soft. If your desired device was missing, make sure you have the appropriate 32-bit libraries installed. If you wanted a different device, configure ~/.openalrc appropriately.
Perfect OpenAL context attributes GET
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_GATHER
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS_PICK_TREES
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS_PICK_SHRUBS
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS_GATHER_FALLEN
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:16:37 pm by Max™ »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 25, 2014, 09:33:20 pm »

What would I have to put in to have all my dwarves teleporting around? I'm only using it so one dwarf who's making a mini planepacked can get done sooner rather than later.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 25, 2014, 09:55:11 pm »

"fastdwarf 0 1"

Or "fastdwarf 1 1" to make dwarves work faster as well.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 25, 2014, 09:56:15 pm »

Thanks. What would I have to do to make it go back to normal?
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 25, 2014, 09:57:29 pm »

Ahhh, that explains the keybinds, good to know, I'll poke around with it in a bit, and try the mdf5 fix, thanks!

Hmmm, switching to the libgraphics.so that came with it breaks it, just spams me with the libstdc++.s0.6:version 'GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so) messages and then the canberra-gtk-module, but it did try to load the right bindings, though they weren't actually right in the save I loaded, but that's not unexpected given how sloppily I put everything together atm.

When I get back on I'll try it with a fresh df, fresh dfhack, and put the right md5 in there, and then update the keybinds by hand.

This too, which was new to me, looks like the fruit gathering stuff keybinds, but the openal thing I've never seen before.
Sound devices available:
OpenAL Soft
Picking OpenAL Soft. If your desired device was missing, make sure you have the appropriate 32-bit libraries installed. If you wanted a different device, configure ~/.openalrc appropriately.
Perfect OpenAL context attributes GET
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_GATHER
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS_PICK_TREES
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS_PICK_SHRUBS
Unknown binding: CIVZONE_GATHER_OPTIONS_GATHER_FALLEN
It sounds like the problem is with the DFHack build you're using, not libgraphics. What GCC versions do you have available? If you don't have GCC 4.9, you should be using the GCC 4.5 build of DFHack (which uses the libraries that come with DF).

Thanks. What would I have to do to make it go back to normal?
"fastdwarf 0 0"
(You can also use "help fastdwarf" for more information)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 25, 2014, 10:00:39 pm »

Thanks a lot! That is fast...

New question: how do I make a creature appear? I remember someone said to me something along the lines of making a creature appear to replace being able to force megabeast attacks. Which script is that?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:04:22 pm by StagnantSoul »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 26, 2014, 12:15:06 am »

[thefunk@archenstein df_linux]$ ./dfhack
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Resetting textures
TWBT: version 5.27
TWBT: no display patch

./dfhack: line 43: 22368 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD=$PRELOAD_LIB ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"

[thefunk@archenstein df_linux]$ ./dfhack
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

ARGH, SO CLOSE....

I gave symbols.xml the right md5 in a new symbols table and it got that far, I've got gcc 4.9.1 already, but I haven't had more luck than getting twbt to start trying to load like that and segfaulting out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:16:45 am by Max™ »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 26, 2014, 01:15:02 am »

Creating units from scratch is still being researched. See modtools/force.lua for megabeasts.

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. Just wasted 20 minutes trying to figure it out myself. Completely passed over the .attrs oh well, always good to learn :)

EDIT: Had a little more time to work on this today, here is what it's looking like now

Looks great! It's up to you but I'd put the numerical skill level in addition to the word (master / dabbler / etc). Just in case people forget what the order is.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 26, 2014, 03:02:11 am »

Looks great! It's up to you but I'd put the numerical skill level in addition to the word (master / dabbler / etc). Just in case people forget what the order is.

Hmm, I think you are right. I was also unsure if I should use total experience or rank experience for the 3rd column.

For Syndromes, do you know of a way to get the time left on the syndrome? I looked briefly where I thought it might be, but didn't have a chance to check to much, would be nice to be able to display that. (In a perfect world I would be able to find how much time is left on a units interaction cooldown as well, but I won't hold my breath for that one).

Is there anything else people would like to see on there?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 360