Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073296 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1230 on: October 26, 2014, 04:18:50 am »

If you look up the syndrome from the unitSyndrome then you can look at the maximum duration for each symptom and subtract the duration so far to find the amount of time left. See syndrome-util.lua.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 26, 2014, 05:09:34 am »

TWBT: version 5.27
TWBT: no display patch
ARGH, SO CLOSE....
I gave symbols.xml the right md5 in a new symbols table and it got that far, I've got gcc 4.9.1 already, but I haven't had more luck than getting twbt to start trying to load like that and segfaulting out.

Twbt doesn't load anything from symbols.xml, but uses hardcoded memory offsets. So in short: no matter how hard you try, you won't be using it with 40.14 without mifki's update and a recompile.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 26, 2014, 06:37:56 am »

Is there anything else people would like to see on there?

Skills that are rusty, or very rusty, in a different color?
()==[:::::::::::::>

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 26, 2014, 07:13:39 am »

[thefunk@archenstein df_linux]$ ./dfhack
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
Resetting textures
TWBT: version 5.27
TWBT: no display patch

./dfhack: line 43: 22368 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD=$PRELOAD_LIB ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"

[thefunk@archenstein df_linux]$ ./dfhack
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

ARGH, SO CLOSE....

I gave symbols.xml the right md5 in a new symbols table and it got that far, I've got gcc 4.9.1 already, but I haven't had more luck than getting twbt to start trying to load like that and segfaulting out.

TwbT hasn't been updated yet, so it won't work with 0.40.14. I'm not sure if that's the cause of the segfault, though. Is there anything in stderr.log?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 26, 2014, 08:30:16 am »

Crap, I removed that folder since it was such a mess, so I didn't grab the log.

Worth noting that while I haven't gotten it working with dfhack yet, I was able to get the new libgraphics.so working after doing the explort ld_preload /user/lib32/libz.so.1 workaround for regular ./df launches, which is why I tried to use the old graphics.so, and it did fix the keybinds problem. Litle sleepy so I'll try to put it together and get ./dfhack to work the same way if I can later, using the added md5 table and linking to the zlib, assuming it doesn't get updated before I get back on anyways.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:53:27 am by Max™ »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 26, 2014, 11:31:06 pm »

Thanks for your help with the syndrome thing expwnent, got that working right, and got the class system working correctly as well (before it was just a place holder label, not it is a proper list). I also added a flag so if you aren't using my class system, you can just turn the display off and get that extra space back (instead it would just say 'None' and give you a lot of zeroes).

Here is the updated look
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I may exchange the word Permanent for just a P or something since it is adding extra space that doesn't really need to be there. As always if anyone has any thoughts I am open to suggestions. I think I want to put some basic health information in the upper right corner (age, happiness level, health condition, maybe put up the sleepiness/hungry timers).

That's a pretty good suggestion, do we know the amount of rust_counter that describes each level of rustiness?

Other than that I am pretty content with where it is and where it is going, so I will probably release it to the public soon. Keep up the good suggestions!

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 27, 2014, 01:05:00 am »

Thanks for your help with the syndrome thing expwnent, got that working right, and got the class system working correctly as well (before it was just a place holder label, not it is a proper list). I also added a flag so if you aren't using my class system, you can just turn the display off and get that extra space back (instead it would just say 'None' and give you a lot of zeroes).

Here is the updated look

I may exchange the word Permanent for just a P or something since it is adding extra space that doesn't really need to be there. As always if anyone has any thoughts I am open to suggestions. I think I want to put some basic health information in the upper right corner (age, happiness level, health condition, maybe put up the sleepiness/hungry timers).

That's a pretty good suggestion, do we know the amount of rust_counter that describes each level of rustiness?

Other than that I am pretty content with where it is and where it is going, so I will probably release it to the public soon. Keep up the good suggestions!

Loving this so far. That's the kind of plug-in i would definitely use. A suggestion, is it possible to sort the skills, so the highest level skills are at the top. And maybe seperate them by 3 category, one for the work related skills, one for the combats skill and the other one for skills like negociator, comedian etc..

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 27, 2014, 03:03:41 am »

Loving this so far. That's the kind of plug-in i would definitely use. A suggestion, is it possible to sort the skills, so the highest level skills are at the top. And maybe seperate them by 3 category, one for the work related skills, one for the combats skill and the other one for skills like negociator, comedian etc..

Yes to both of those, the sorting skills by rank is easy enough to do, and something I should have done already. The categorizing them is something I had originally intended to do, but wasn't quite sure how best to do it. I have an idea now though and just need to implement it.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 27, 2014, 04:02:39 am »

Is DFHack available for 40.14 yet?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1239 on: October 27, 2014, 07:41:46 am »

P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 27, 2014, 10:19:44 am »

Here is the updated look

Aren't they categorized already?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 27, 2014, 02:51:09 pm »

They aren't really categorized (as far as I know). There is a loose categorization on the wiki, but that's by no means rigid.

The question I have for categories is about the outiers, for example, where should Building Designer or Record Keeper go? Should there be a medical skills category? I was thinking the break down would be;

Labor (all the hard labor stuff)
Administrative (things like Record Keeper, Organizer, etc...)
Social (things like Negotiation)
Medical (all medical skills)
Military (all military skills)

But is that too many categories? And what about strange ones like Alchemy, Swimming, etc... Thoughts?

IronSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 27, 2014, 06:19:54 pm »

It is already split into three with the combat/labor/misc split in game (v - g - {c, l, m}) breaking down the skills further might be good though.

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 28, 2014, 02:41:45 am »

They aren't really categorized (as far as I know). There is a loose categorization on the wiki, but that's by no means rigid.

The question I have for categories is about the outiers, for example, where should Building Designer or Record Keeper go? Should there be a medical skills category? I was thinking the break down would be;

Labor (all the hard labor stuff)
Administrative (things like Record Keeper, Organizer, etc...)
Social (things like Negotiation)
Medical (all medical skills)
Military (all military skills)

But is that too many categories? And what about strange ones like Alchemy, Swimming, etc... Thoughts?

These categories are great, for the others skills that dont fit in it maybe just add a misc category for them? In what order you gonna place them?
1 Labor, 2 millitary, 3 medical, 4 administrative and 5 socials?

Another suggestion, well maybe a lillte bit weird but i thought for the health status adding a kind of stick figure representing the dwarf, maybe like that:

O
_/|\_
   |
  / \
 -   -
When all part is green it mean hes in good shape, and add color to body part when they are missing or bruised etc..

Edit: personally i would put record keeper in administrative, and building designer in a misc category, maybe. Well Palu was kind of right, they kinda already categorized on the game. But using these category from the game would be too much. In game there a category for the engineering skills, maybe add that?

Edit2: If a skill is not activated on a dwarf and have experience on it, is it gonna be shown on the list?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:00:44 am by Vanst7 »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 28, 2014, 09:41:05 am »

Another suggestion, well maybe a lillte bit weird but i thought for the health status adding a kind of stick figure representing the dwarf, maybe like that:

O
_/|\_
   |
  / \
 -   -
When all part is green it mean hes in good shape, and add color to body part when they are missing or bruised etc..
That's a good idea except for two things: First, you can't guarantee that the screen font's punctuation isn't all screwy and Second, I'm not sure if DF is very helpful about telling you that a bruised pancreas is inside the lowerbody in order to color-code nicely.

It's conceivable to draw line-art on the DF screen (Stonesense overlay and an experimental build of TWBT did it), but it seems to be a pretty hardcore undertaking.

Edit: Actually it isn't line art, both of them are blitting images to the DF screen.  But they are images that aren't confined to the character grid.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:36:52 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 360