Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073323 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1245 on: October 28, 2014, 10:11:35 am »

Yeah, I think I will steer away from something as complicated as that, seeing as how the health screen already does a good job. Not that I don't think it would be awesome to have included, but limited time means I would rather work on other things instead. Maybe after I release it, if someone is interested, they can try and put it in themselves.

I was just thinking that it might be nice to be able to select a syndrome or interaction and learn more about what it does. Say I select "Beast Sickness", it would tell me what affects it is having on the dwarf (e.g. Pain, severity X, time to peak Y, time to end Z, etc...). I already have all that information, I just didn't want to put it on the main screen because if you have 4 different syndromes on, each with 5 different effects, you quickly crowd out the screen. But putting them in their own screen is certainly do-able.

Also, with different colors related to the rusty/very rusty skills, I could make attributes appear in different colors depending on if they are above or below normal, depending on if there is a syndrome affecting them. That way, at a quick glance, you could see if a syndrome is lowering your Dwarf's stats, or if they are just an usually weak Dwarf.

Edit2: If a skill is not activated on a dwarf and have experience on it, is it gonna be shown on the list?
Currently it takes all of the skills of the Dwarf, active or not, as long as they have some experience in the skill.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 28, 2014, 11:36:15 am »

I though about something like that at some point a few years back and made some mockups.

It would certainly make recognizing health issues at a quick glance easier, but at the very least you would have to separate mannequins for blood vessels, nervous tissue, skeletal structure, and organs plus skin to keep it reasonably clear.
Blinking could be used to denote injuries.

Spoiler: old mockups (click to show/hide)

As it has been mentioned though, this would be quite the work to do. I'd reckon you'd need 4 (as per separation mentioned above) generic mannequins for vertebrates (skull, 4 extremities, tail), several for arthropods with various # of extremities and some more for mollusks and similarly diverse animals. That's 20-30 compound images that have to be created, every one with all possible wound "overlays".
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 28, 2014, 12:56:47 pm »

I though about something like that at some point a few years back and made some mockups.

It would certainly make recognizing health issues at a quick glance easier, but at the very least you would have to separate mannequins for blood vessels, nervous tissue, skeletal structure, and organs plus skin to keep it reasonably clear.
Blinking could be used to denote injuries.

Spoiler: old mockups (click to show/hide)

As it has been mentioned though, this would be quite the work to do. I'd reckon you'd need 4 (as per separation mentioned above) generic mannequins for vertebrates (skull, 4 extremities, tail), several for arthropods with various # of extremities and some more for mollusks and similarly diverse animals. That's 20-30 compound images that have to be created, every one with all possible wound "overlays".

WOW CLA, this is genious! You should suggest that to Toady for the Dwarf health screen. It's amazing.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 28, 2014, 09:40:24 pm »

That would be cool but it would take a LOT of work and it would only be effective for humanoid races.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 29, 2014, 12:30:04 am »

Couldn't you get a similar effect by just rearranging where the existing part damage indicators show up?

Have them painted on an overlay like:
-------------------Headparts
-------------------Moarheadparts
-------------------Neck
---------------Upper Body
R. Upper Arm -Spine- L. Upper Arm
R. Lower Arm -Guts-- L. Lower Arm
R. Hand ----Lower Body---- L. Hand
-------R. Upper Leg L. Upper Leg
-------R. Lower Leg L. Lower Leg
---------R. Foot ----------L. Foot
Heck, use that as a framework to put the equipment screen onto as well, so you could toggle between equipment slots/outer tissues/inner tissues, with the option to click on a body part and expand the pieces/display damaged parts maybe?

Seems like it would be easier than implementing a full graphical system atm.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:33:03 am by Max™ »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 29, 2014, 10:00:09 am »

I think for now I am going to avoid any sort of graphical representation of the creature, and just work on displaying more information about syndromes and interactions, categorizing skills, and then a little polish before releasing it

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 29, 2014, 01:23:46 pm »

Would it be possible to view, in adventure mode, other entities thoughts and emotional state like you can for fort mode?

It would be a really useful tool, not just for bug analysis, but other things too.

Edit: Well, maybe not thoughts, but seeing the emotional state of an entity should be possible.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:02:34 pm by smjjames »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 29, 2014, 03:32:04 pm »

Just ask them how they're feeling, for thoughts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 29, 2014, 06:31:33 pm »

True, though it doesn't always seem consistent, but theres always room for improvement.

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 30, 2014, 02:37:51 am »

Hi, is it possible to make support for input\output  Utf8 text for DFHAK ?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 30, 2014, 03:38:56 am »

I think it already does that.

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 30, 2014, 04:55:28 am »

No, its not work

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:59:03 am by Skin36 »

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 30, 2014, 10:53:13 am »

Would Text Will Be Text help with that?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 30, 2014, 11:08:12 am »

yes TWBT help, but I need ttf output

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 30, 2014, 05:29:10 pm »

Similarly, the reason DFHack doesn't use TrueType is because it doesn't support it, and the reason we don't support it is because it's too damn buggy.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 360