Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073345 times)

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1260 on: October 30, 2014, 05:45:12 pm »

yes TWBT help, but I need ttf output
Why do you need ttf?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 31, 2014, 12:45:09 am »

TTF is useful because we can intercept text passed to SDL_ttf.dll and change it as we need, in order to polish the translation.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 31, 2014, 10:57:11 am »

TTF is useful because we can intercept text passed to SDL_ttf.dll and change it as we need, in order to polish the translation.
There's a separate thread going on in the General Discussion area about attaching a screen reader to Dwarf Fortress (or more likely, the DFHack console as an interface to Dwarf Fortress).  It seems like any solution to "intercepting text sent to the screen" would be equally applicable to both situations.

Not that anyone has come up with a viable solution in that other thread yet, but it doesn't make sense for people to be re-inventing the wheel.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 31, 2014, 10:59:13 am »

You could certainly use DFHack for things like that if you manually keep track of what viewscreen is which and where they write things to the screen. It'd be a pain but you could do it. If you do it the naive way you'd end up with garbled text for elves and dogs and humans wandering around.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 31, 2014, 11:16:56 am »

You could certainly use DFHack for things like that if you manually keep track of what viewscreen is which and where they write things to the screen. It'd be a pain but you could do it. If you do it the naive way you'd end up with garbled text for elves and dogs and humans wandering around.
The map is quite definitely the biggest issue, since "reading it aloud" it is not feasible.

Apparently the norm in sound games is to have objects-of-interest emit sounds, which the game renders in locations relative to the player/cursor in stereo-or-better sound systems.  The problem is that in DF pretty much every tile is an object-of-interest.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 31, 2014, 11:45:41 am »

I was not able to install Visual Studio Express 2010 because my computer is a piece of crap (and is going to be replaced sooner rather than later), but I realized that using "prospect all" to hunt for minerals on the embark screen is just not going to have reasonable response times.

So, that project needs to wait for me to get a compiler up and running, excise the relevant bits of prospector.cpp, and figure out a good way to implement break-loop-when-found to speed things up.

In the meantime, I did add a prospect-lite script to my mod in case anyone might find this useful.

Spoiler: tesb-prospect.lua (click to show/hide)

And a more general one:

Spoiler: lookfor.lua (click to show/hide)

The mod-specific one takes no arguments, the general one takes a list of strings to use for matching and accepts a -terse flag to report nothing but the mineral name.

lookfor -terse coal diamond ruby
DIAMOND_FY
DIAMOND_LY

Wondering if maybe -terse should be the default?  The whole point of this script is for people who consider prospect all to be cheating, but are looking for something in particular.
Just got back, updating:

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 01, 2014, 09:44:36 am »

Hello,

I'm setting up a computer to host Webfort, and allow users to connect and play Dwarf Fortress collectively. Link: https://github.com/Ankoku/df-webfort

It occurred to me that it would be really helpful and cool if I could extract information out of Dwarf Fortress and post to the web portal to make it easier for new players to get a grasp of what is going on in the fort, and bring previous players up to speed with what has changed.

DF Hack has a lot of really cool scripts and plugins to address most of my ideas, but I was wondering if there was a way to handle them in a fashion that makes them easier to script.  Specifically, I would need to be able to run them with dfhack-run, and point them to a directory (or at least be able to specify filenames to be sure I am moving the proper file around).  Here are my ideas:
  • Is it possible to Export the contents of the Status (Z) screen to Text or Image through any plugin?  could this be scraped through Workflow?
  • Is it possible to get a series of images of the Z-Levels of the map currently in use?  I'm thinking something similar to the existing map export function of the Dwarf Fortress Escape screen.  I would like to make this automated, and script it to export every 15-30 minutes.
  • Is it possible to get an export of the thoughts screen for each dwarf?
  • Is there a plugin that can export recent announcements, or allow me to duplicate announcements into an additional log file?

Webfort is currently best suited for 34.11, so please keep that in mind if you have any suggestions.  I'm a bit of a hack when it comes to coding, so its most likely going to be just hosting the images and text files, and automatically replacing them via script in the background to 'refresh' them.  If anybody has any suggestions on how to best host the images and text (or at least, better than my hacky attempts), let me know!

I'll update this post in the coming day or two with a link to the fort. Ankoku and AdventureHost have a few sessions running as well if you want to see how it works.  Here is the Reddit post with the related information: http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2kh6pf/web_fortress_revival_project_urgent_help_required/
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 01, 2014, 10:56:16 am »

Depending on how hard you want to work, it is technically possible to export the entire fortress once every few seconds without too much slowdown

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 01, 2014, 12:19:27 pm »

So, after some effort, I managed to successfully follow instructions and compile DFHack 0.40.13-r1 from source for Windows.

Is there any way to compile an unofficial version that will work with Dwarf Fortress 0.40.14?

I would dearly love to be able to use autodump - I don't need anything else really.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 01, 2014, 12:22:56 pm »

Depending on how hard you want to work, it is technically possible to export the entire fortress once every few seconds without too much slowdown

Do you mean data, or data and Fort images?

I'm willing to spend a few hours each day learning. Do you have a place you recommend I start?
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 01, 2014, 12:52:07 pm »

So, after some effort, I managed to successfully follow instructions and compile DFHack 0.40.13-r1 from source for Windows.

Is there any way to compile an unofficial version that will work with Dwarf Fortress 0.40.14?

I would dearly love to be able to use autodump - I don't need anything else really.

Both of Quietust's forks (dfhack and df-structures) appear to be up-to-date for 0.40.14. This should work from the command line (in the dfhack folder):
Code: [Select]
git remote add quietust https://github.com/quietust/dfhack
git fetch quietust
git checkout quietust/develop
cd library/xml
git remote add quietust https://github.com/quietust/df-structures
git fetch quietust
git checkout quietust/master
cd ../..
git submodule update
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 01, 2014, 01:03:39 pm »

Both of Quietust's forks (dfhack and df-structures) appear to be up-to-date for 0.40.14. This should work from the command line (in the dfhack folder):
Brilliant. It's compiling now (fingers crossed).

[EDIT] Hmm, close, but not quite.  "Not a known DF version." error message on startup. Shut itself down. I guess I will just have to be patient a bit longer.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 01:16:26 pm by ptb_ptb »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 01, 2014, 02:12:51 pm »

Did you remember to update the library/xml submodule? What does "git status" display?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 01, 2014, 02:22:43 pm »

Did you remember to update the library/xml submodule? What does "git status" display?

I think so ... I followed all the steps in your list anyway.

Git status says
"HEAD detached at quietust/develop
nothing to commit, working directory clean"

I wouldn't worry about walking me through it, though. I'll just wait with the rest of the peons (j/k).

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 01, 2014, 02:47:57 pm »

Have any 40.14-compatible versions turned up yet?  I miss prospect and autoclean dearly, and the puddles of pus from my carpenter aren't getting any less gross.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 360