Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087432 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.13-r1
« Reply #1275 on: November 01, 2014, 05:39:38 pm »

The symbols bit isn't too hard, as an example I added this to my symbols.xml a while back and it started to load up but crashed due to it still being too early:
Code: [Select]
    <symbol-table name='v0.40.14 linux' os-type='linux'>
        <md5-hash value='8ab84807a405a7fa697847e6b3ecb00f'/>
    </symbol-table>
Got my git discovery set wrong though, need to figure out what is going on there, I'm too used to relying on pacman I guess.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 01, 2014, 07:07:28 pm »

Question: with createitem, how would I toss in 500 bars of coke? I tried "createitem BAR INORGANIC:Coke/COAL/COAL_REFINED/REFUNED_COAL/FUEL" but nothing gives me any.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 01, 2014, 07:10:50 pm »

Fuel is one of those old hard-coded materials. I can't remember the createitem syntax, but in a reaction a chunk of coke would be BAR:NONE:COAL:COKE.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 01, 2014, 07:11:22 pm »

createitem BAR COAL:COKE
(INORGANIC is usually not necessary, and is incorrect in this case.)

The symbols bit isn't too hard, as an example I added this to my symbols.xml a while back and it started to load up but crashed due to it still being too early:
    </symbol-table>
Got my git discovery set wrong though, need to figure out what is going on there, I'm too used to relying on pacman I guess.
It crashed because, while you had a <symbol-table> entry in symbols.xml, every offset was missing. Like I said earlier, you'd need to check out a branch of dfhack and df-structures that are up-to-date for 0.40.14 (which both of Quietust's forks are) and compile DFHack from source for it to work with 0.40.14. There were significant structure changes between 0.40.13 and 0.40.14, so using an old build of DFHack will almost certainly crash when it tries to access changed structures (although the crash in your case was probably due to the missing addresses in symbols.xml).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:17:19 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 01, 2014, 07:14:10 pm »

Thank you! I have a modded metal that requires 10 bars of fuel plus the regular one for a single bar of it, plus flux and dragon bones. Trying to make a full suit of it to go with the artifact long sword of it. Yeah... With the steel industry going as well, fuel is in short amounts.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 01, 2014, 10:03:44 pm »

Depending on how hard you want to work, it is technically possible to export the entire fortress once every few seconds without too much slowdown

Do you mean data, or data and Fort images?

I'm willing to spend a few hours each day learning. Do you have a place you recommend I start?
Just the data. You would need to have a plugin that reads the map data and sends it over the network, and a client app that renders it.
Currently, Isoworld and the isoworld remote plugin do this.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 01, 2014, 10:16:00 pm »

what's the dfhack script to add skills to a dwarf? I really need an appraiser.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 01, 2014, 10:52:11 pm »

I think that's in the modtools section now, just use ls -a

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 01, 2014, 10:57:30 pm »

createitem BAR COAL:COKE
(INORGANIC is usually not necessary, and is incorrect in this case.)

</symbol-table>
It crashed because, while you had a <symbol-table> entry in symbols.xml, every offset was missing. Like I said earlier, you'd need to check out a branch of dfhack and df-structures that are up-to-date for 0.40.14 (which both of Quietust's forks are) and compile DFHack from source for it to work with 0.40.14. There were significant structure changes between 0.40.13 and 0.40.14, so using an old build of DFHack will almost certainly crash when it tries to access changed structures (although the crash in your case was probably due to the missing addresses in symbols.xml).
Ahhhh, well, that's probably why I'm grateful for you all having the more arcane aspects handled, I suspected that nothing at all would happen, so the way it started to do the red and yellow twbt loading was a surprise. I'll have to check the git repo and see if I can smush something working together, though I'm not in a big rush due to the "oh god I miss my cousin, I'M GONNA GO PUNCH A BABY" state currently, as I'm anticipating a .15 update might not be too far away.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 01, 2014, 11:28:25 pm »

Well, through that, I learned how to pull up the arena mode k menu. *Suppressed squealing* Now I can toss in iron clad minotaurs and competent armies of goblins to fight my dwarves! After each good performance, my fort will get a creature to tame.

Edit: OH SHIT, OH SHIT, OH SHIT!!! Everyone started killing each other! My 108 dwarves just started tearing into one another, now I've got 43, and an iron-clad cave dragon running about.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 11:37:54 pm by StagnantSoul »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 02, 2014, 11:26:25 am »

Anyways, for the showing specific units emotional state, it shouldn't be too hard, I mean you have the gaydar thing and theres various ways to show unit information.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 02, 2014, 03:02:47 pm »

How would I add embark points with dfhack? I need more than 10k

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 02, 2014, 04:42:18 pm »

Add embark points in the advanced worldgen options of vanilla DF.

I hope this is ok, I managed to get a .14 version compiled by removing the manipulator and strangemood plugins, and following Lethosor's instructions. I didnt even try to compile other stuff like stonesense or isoworld.

Its for windows, and I am running an i5 if that matters, I am so ignorant on the specifics of who this may work for, i figured i would better mention it.

If this upsets anyone, I will happily take down the link, just let me know!

But reveal (and cleanall) seems to work, and thats what i need to save my dying thirsty colony, so I thought i would share it.  Thanks to the DFHack team and Quietust branch, they did the hard work, I just(barely) managed to compile something that is probably buggy and will wipe you fort, so test with a backup first people......
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nj5bd7l24efges5/dfhack-0.40.14-r0-Windows.zip
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 04:44:40 pm by funkydwarf »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 02, 2014, 04:50:33 pm »

dwarves.rb - type "dwarves #" at the embark selector/map before you embark. It will raise your starting dwarves to the number you entered.

# patch start dwarf count

nr = $script_args[0].to_i

raise 'too low' if nr < 7

addr = df.get_global_address('start_dwarf_count')
df.memory_patch(addr, [nr].pack('L'))

points.lua - type "points #" at the embark selector/map before you embark. It will raise your embark points to that number.
df.global.world.worldgen.worldgen_parms.embark_points=tonumber(...)

The dwarf count one is outdated though, but I do know of a working one. For 40.13 anyways. Or you can use cheat engine to modify any of the points in that menu.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 02, 2014, 05:06:09 pm »

Thanks.,
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 360