Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073257 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.19-r1
« Reply #1620 on: December 08, 2014, 12:47:15 am »

That would be due to whoever compiled it using that version.

You can probably symlink whatever version you have, as long as it's also 32bit

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 08, 2014, 12:55:52 am »

Yeah, that part is probably my bad, as I'm sure I'm forgetting an obvious way to install the 32 bit version, but every time I grab the i686 version or whichever trying to get it to work I keep ending up with the 64 bit one.

Edit: Ah hah, I was using the wrong terms trying to find it, I THINK this will end up working once it finishes: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-libpng12/

KHAN!

So close...
Code: [Select]
libjpeg.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Now to track that down.

YES, YES, IT'S BEAUTIFUL!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:37:45 am by Max™ »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 08, 2014, 02:08:10 am »

To clear up the insanity there, I installed lib32-libpng12, libjpeg6, lib32-libjpeg6, and then placed a copy of the 32 bit versions right into the libs folder and it works like a charm.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 08, 2014, 02:07:10 pm »

Adoption! It takes childless parents and gives them parents from couples.
Putnam, this is extremely cool, but could you be a sweetheart and make a gist out of it or upload it on wimbli or do a pull request or do anything that will prevent this cool script from getting buried in the massive thread? We've already had these issues in the .34.11r5 thread. This way you'd have an easier time maintaining it, too.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 08, 2014, 03:37:51 pm »

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 08, 2014, 04:33:37 pm »

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I've seen a LOT of people get confused by the stuck-Alt-key issue and complain in the Starter Pack thread.

Are you sure this is caused by DFHack? I know it's noticeable with DFHack keybindings, but could you see if it occurs with vanilla DF?

I'm reasonably certain this problem is specific to DFHack keybindings on Windows.  While the Alt key is stuck, DFHack (a) incorrectly runs hotkeys defined with Alt, and (b) incorrectly fails to run hotkeys defined without Alt.  But only DFHack keybindings are affected; not native DF keys, and not keys checked by DFHack plugins.

I have been able to modify Core::DFH_SDL_EVENT to notice SDL window focus events on Linux, which would be a convenient place to clear the bad state if we can do so.  Unfortunately, ke->ksym.mod is set by SDL internally, so we would need to either maintain our own flag for the Alt key, or perhaps use SDL_PushEvent to pretend that the Alt key has been pressed and released.  Note that DF itself uses the former solution; see update_modstate in g_src/enabler_input.cpp, and its associated comment.

Unfortunately, while I sometimes play on Windows, I can't currently compile for that platform, which makes it hard to test potential solutions.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 08, 2014, 09:01:54 pm »

Is this the right place to report bugs with dfhack components?

I'm playing with 3dveins for the first time, and it seems to have worked properly. There are, however, several places where minerals "pierced" the ground under boulders, replacing them with a boulder of their material. This isn't much of a problem, except that there doesn't seem to be a tile defined for boulders of non-layer stones, resulting in a black square wherever this happens. I've got a save where all I've done is run 3dveins if it would be helpful.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 09, 2014, 06:32:05 am »

Speaking of which, has Toady made a decision on whether he intends to make a forum specific to DFHack stuff? I have a feeling that this thread is going to end up like the .34.11 one, with everything buried in it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 09, 2014, 09:00:43 am »

You may notice that this is in the 'utilities and 3rd party applications' subforum

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 09, 2014, 09:23:16 am »

Uh, yes. What I meant is that there should be a subforum specifically dedicated to DFHack so all questions related to it aren't contained within one giant thread. There was a poll about it some time ago, and most people were favourable to the idea.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 09, 2014, 02:02:01 pm »

Uh, yes. What I meant is that there should be a subforum specifically dedicated to DFHack so all questions related to it aren't contained within one giant thread. There was a poll about it some time ago, and most people were favourable to the idea.
Japa means that UA3PA forum is kinda the DFhack(and other utilities) subforum after it got separated from DFmodding. I don't think another subforum would be needed for a Post in a thread, that's like making a new planet for one person in a country. you're better off just making a [Dfhack question] thread and hope someone could answer it(we usually don't so it's bound to be empty).  Though you're best bet for questions to not get swallowed up is to hit us on IRC.
Though I really don't want to redirect folks to a different thread since if we answer your question in with a script then you have 2 threads to search through for scripts than just 1(well there's separate threads with scripts now so more than 1). then again I wonder if looking at a posters history in the thread would ease up 'new script' woes.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 09, 2014, 04:19:26 pm »

This thread is good for some questions, but not so good for discussions about individual scripts, features, ideas, etc.. At the moment, 20 of the first 60 threads in this subforum have "DFHack" in the title (as well as a handful of others that don't), which is considerably more than any other utility. If I remember correctly, this is the same reason MDF was moved to its own sub-board. A DFHack sub-board also been suggested several times in the past - for instance, the subforum organization thread and this thread.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 09, 2014, 04:32:31 pm »

My two cents: there is enough DFHack content to merit its own forum but there isn't enough 3rd party stuff that isn't DFHack to merit its own forum so it may as well all get lumped together.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 09, 2014, 06:44:02 pm »

I don't think another subforum would be needed for a Post in a thread, that's like making a new planet for one person in a country.

Thus the "Putnam's mods" forum no longer existing, heh.

m-logik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 09, 2014, 10:02:15 pm »

If I'm reading the thread correctly, the discussion on forum organization was prompted by my bug report about 3dveins? So, is there a more appropriate place to report it? I'm not really asking for help, as the "problem" is purely cosmetic, and easily solved by smoothing the offending boulders. I figured the bright minds making all the magic happen would like to know about things of this sort, but I don't want to clutter the thread or detract from more important discussions.

Fwiw, I really like how 3dveins makes minerals seem to flow across z levels; it improves the aesthetics and makes mining more interesting. So thanks to whoever wrote it. A plugin (script?) to do something similar for layer stones so that the transitions between them aren't so sudden and sharp would be an excellent compliment to 3dveins.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 360