Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079854 times)

Arkangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.23-r1
« Reply #1890 on: January 14, 2015, 07:17:33 am »

Seedwatch appears to not be working for a lot of the new plants, specifically the ones without edible seeds, I believe. Has anyone else had this issue?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: January 14, 2015, 11:54:34 am »

has there been an unofficial update for 0.40.24 windows ? there doesn't seem to be a lot of things changed, also i am looking forward to the bugfixing of military.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 14, 2015, 01:11:11 pm »

People are working on it.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: January 14, 2015, 04:26:09 pm »

Seedwatch appears to not be working for a lot of the new plants, specifically the ones without edible seeds, I believe. Has anyone else had this issue?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main function of seedwatch to toggle cooking of a seed type based on how many of that seed type you have? Doesn't seem like it could reasonably apply to plants which lack edible seeds.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: January 14, 2015, 07:30:31 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the main function of seedwatch to toggle cooking of a seed type based on how many of that seed type you have? Doesn't seem like it could reasonably apply to plants which lack edible seeds.

Pretty sure that edible and cookable are separate properties. No idea if there are any cookable, non-edible seeds but it should be possible to have them. Plump helmet seeds are in fact cookable but not edible raw.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:32:44 pm by cdombroski »

Arkangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: January 15, 2015, 02:24:37 am »

Seedwatch toggles cooking of the plants AND the seeds, based on number of seeds available. I think that pre-DF2014 there simply weren't any non-cookable seeds in the game, so the issue never came up. But now that there are, the functionality would be very useful. You want to keep a certain amount of seeds (or plants, since they contain seeds) in reserve for planting, but want to cook the rest. This has been somewhat of a cornerstone for my last couple forts, since I'm fighting excessive food production with mass export of prepared meals.
Of course, this behaviour can theoretically result in situations where you have only a few seeds available, but huge amounts of the corresponding plant (I'm looking at you, alfalfa). This is mostly because several of the new plants can't be processed further, only eaten raw, which is enough to generate a few seeds for replanting, but not enough to counter over-production. So, if possible, I'd like to request an additional feature in seedwatch that allows plants to be enabled for cooking if they exceed a certain amount, regardless of seeds available.

Gorobay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: January 15, 2015, 03:46:25 pm »

I have been investigating the conversation system to try to figure out what the various unknown and anonymous fields mean.

unk_v40_1 of a report is an activity_entry ID, corresponding to df.global.world.activities.all[x].id, and unk_v40_3 is a speaker ID.

An activity_event_conversationst has some anonymous fields. anon_1 is a vector of conversation participants. Each entry contains two fields, anon_1 and anon_2, where anon_1 is a speaker ID and anon_2 is a quasi-speaker ID.

A speaker ID is constant for a given speaker; it does not vary across conversations. I don’t know what the actual number is an index into though. A quasi-speaker ID (for lack of a better name) is the same thing, but usually it is a different number than the speaker ID. They are only equal when the speaker is the player. The quasi-speaker ID is -1 until the player joins in the conversation.

anon_10 and anon_11 seem to be equal to anon_1[1].anon_1 and anon_1[1].anon_2 respectively.

anon_2 and anon_15 go together. They are both integers between -1 and 7, corresponding to different conversation states: -1 = before the conversation starts; 0 = responding to greeting; 1 = main menu; 2 to 4 = spreading rumors; 5 = asking for directions; 6 = responding to a rumor; 7 = goodbye. anon_1 controls the player and anon_15 the NPC.

anon_9 of an activity_event_conversationst is the most interesting. It is a vector of conversation turns. Each turn has 13 anonymous fields. anon_1 is a speaker ID and anon_2 is a quasi-speaker ID. anon_3 is the topic ID, where a topic is something you pick in the conversation menu. anon_4 is a vector of entity_events, which only have interesting information when the utterance is about a historical event or beast. anon_5 stays constant for a given speaker. anon_6, anon_7, and anon_8 are the color in the usual format: foreground, background, brightness. anon_9 seems to always be 5. anon_10 is the number of ticks since adventure mode started. anon_11 and anon_12 seem to encode the contents of the utterance: 4/20 is "It is terrifying", 2/20 is "It is inevitable", etc.

Does anyone have any more information about these fields? Specifically, what are speaker ID and quasi-speaker ID?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:31:38 pm by Gorobay »

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: January 15, 2015, 03:49:10 pm »

What is the code to spawn in cloth? Specifically Cave Spider silk cloth. I need it for a mooded dwarf -3-

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: January 15, 2015, 03:51:20 pm »

What is the code to spawn in cloth? Specifically Cave Spider silk cloth. I need it for a mooded dwarf -3-
I'm not sure what you mean by "code" or "spawn in" - if you're referring to the createitem command, there's a page on the wiki that gives some examples. (Note that all of them need to be preceded with "createitem ".)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: January 15, 2015, 03:54:20 pm »

gui/hack-wish would probably be easier.

PhoenixEggz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: January 15, 2015, 06:42:26 pm »

I'm having issues with this. I installed it to use gaydar so I could figure out why my dwarves arn't marrying, but now when I load DF It opens no command window alongside it. When I open up dfhack-run manually, the command window opens for a split second. I managed to somehow screencap it before it blinked away and it says Usage:dfhack-run <command> [args...] . That's it.

I'm using Windows.

I'm not sure what I did wrong or if there's something I'm missing here. What can I do to fix it so df hack works?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 15, 2015, 06:44:18 pm »

Do SDL.dll and SDLreal.dll both exist in the DF folder (and are they different)? You need to copy over both of those files from the DFHack package on Windows in order for DFHack to work.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PhoenixEggz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: January 15, 2015, 06:48:02 pm »

Do SDL.dll and SDLreal.dll both exist in the DF folder (and are they different)? You need to copy over both of those files from the DFHack package on Windows in order for DFHack to work.

Wow that was fast

They do both exist, yes. I don't know how to tell if they are different or not.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 15, 2015, 06:51:34 pm »

Size.

PhoenixEggz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 15, 2015, 06:57:02 pm »

Size.

They're both the same size, so I guess the sdl is the same as it was before. How can I fix this without reinstalling df hack?
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 360