Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078682 times)

Gorobay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r1
« Reply #2115 on: January 31, 2015, 05:23:33 pm »

Is it even possible to know what site is currently loaded?

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: January 31, 2015, 10:15:37 pm »

Is there a way to disable the happiness counter in the bottom right? In older versions it was usefull, but now I feel it kind of cheating given the obscurity of dwarf's "stress" levels in 0.40.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: January 31, 2015, 10:27:13 pm »

Is there a way to disable the happiness counter in the bottom right? In older versions it was usefull, but now I feel it kind of cheating given the obscurity of dwarf's "stress" levels in 0.40.
Are you saying that you think using the happiness monitor is cheating, or that the happiness monitor is "cheating" to display its values? Also, stress levels are in no way more obscure than the previous happiness values - neither of them are directly accessible in vanilla DF, while both are accessible with utilities. (It's easier to determine a range of possible happiness values in vanilla DF, but the thoughts and preferences screen also provides information about stress, albeit less straightforward.)
I've been meaning to allow dwarfmonitor's UI components to be enabled/disabled individually (more for the purpose of minimizing UI clutter), but haven't gotten around to it yet.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r2
« Reply #2118 on: January 31, 2015, 11:41:18 pm »

New release! It's quite soon after r1 but there's a lot of new work done so check the news in the front post!

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: January 31, 2015, 11:53:05 pm »

Has reaction-trigger been updated to include reagents and products?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: January 31, 2015, 11:55:18 pm »

No, but it's close. The old LUA_HOOK system no longer requires the LUA_HOOK prefix on buildings so I just have to write reaction-product-trigger and it'll be done.

It does have multiline command in .init files and it does have the new all-in-one script / module system.

Linux (gcc 4.9.2) and Mac OSX versions are now on github.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: February 01, 2015, 06:43:16 pm »

A GCC 4.5 build for Linux is also up on Github now.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: February 01, 2015, 08:51:43 pm »

I'm investigating a strange add-spatter crash that occurs when loading any save. Has anyone else noticed this in DFHack 0.40.24-r2?
Edit: It seems to be an eventful crash, actually. Expwnent is investigating.

Edit 2: A fixed plugin for OS X has been added to the release on Github. OS X users should download "add-spatter.plug.dylib" in addition to the DFHack bundle and replace hack/plugins/add-spatter.plug.dylib with it. It isn't clear if this bug affects other platforms or not, but it's a fairly longstanding issue. It likely only showed up in this release due to a strange compiler coincidence, but if there are additional reports of this happening (especially on other platforms), we may put up a new release tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:50:29 pm by lethosor »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: February 02, 2015, 06:10:02 am »

Just a thought. With the new script_environment calls, is it possible to create a fluid interface to mimic objects? A sort of "return this" that return the environment?

Something that would allow a syntax like this:
Code: [Select]
dfhack.script_environment('add-thought')
    .setTought(x)
    .setSeverity(10)
    .addEmotionToUnit(u)

Otherwise it's really convenient, if it wasn't for the speech files, an entire mod would be contained in a save.

By the way, will LUA_HOOK be deprecated or will it still be supported?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: February 02, 2015, 06:17:15 am »

wouldn't it be better to use named arguments?
dfhack.script_environment('add-thought'){ thought=x, severity=10, unit=u}
seriously why add some strange state-object that has no clear use?

Edit: also this could be simplified to:
dfhack.script_environment['add-thought']{ thought=x, severity=10, unit=u}
of for names without "-" and other non-programmer friendly symbols:
dfhack.script_environment.thoughts{ thought=x, severity=10, unit=u}
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:18:55 am by Warmist »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: February 02, 2015, 06:39:04 am »

wouldn't it be better to use named arguments?
dfhack.script_environment('add-thought'){ thought=x, severity=10, unit=u}
seriously why add some strange state-object that has no clear use?

Edit: also this could be simplified to:
dfhack.script_environment['add-thought']{ thought=x, severity=10, unit=u}
of for names without "-" and other non-programmer friendly symbols:
dfhack.script_environment.thoughts{ thought=x, severity=10, unit=u}

Yes, that's the kind of syntax I was looking for. Features are getting more complex with df updates and we're having functions calls that are more difficult to write properly, let alone debug.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: February 02, 2015, 06:50:17 am »

Imo we need debugger support for lua going forwards. For that we need sockets lib i think and then you can integrate it into zerobrane studio.

Looks simple but it might not be but i think adding this to some big todo list might be smart.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: February 02, 2015, 03:09:46 pm »

Just in case anyone's confused by that syntax:

function{a=b,c=d}

is exactly equal to

function({a=b,c=d})

it's just a shortcut

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: February 04, 2015, 01:07:01 am »

Question about items.

1. If an item is part of a stack, is each part of the stack its own item, or is the stack itself just a single item? For example, if a unit is carrying 25 arrows, is it 25 distinct items (in terms of df.global.world.item.all) or is it one item that when a unit fires generates another item?
2. When using dfhack.items.moveToGround(), are the correct flags turned true/false? What I mean is if an item is in a container in a units inventory and I use that dfhack command will it be removed from the container and the inventory correctly?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: February 04, 2015, 01:10:20 am »

Question about items.

1. If an item is part of a stack, is each part of the stack its own item, or is the stack itself just a single item? For example, if a unit is carrying 25 arrows, is it 25 distinct items (in terms of df.global.world.item.all) or is it one item that when a unit fires generates another item?
2. When using dfhack.items.moveToGround(), are the correct flags turned true/false? What I mean is if an item is in a container in a units inventory and I use that dfhack command will it be removed from the container and the inventory correctly?
1. Stack is one item. I.e. all items have quantity (or amount) field. Except bodyparts, those are tricky...
2. yes. though i had some experience where it failed to move it at all. Forget when, maybe when moving out of the building or something... Then "remove item" withouot uncategorize and moveToGround worked.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 360