Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087127 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r2
« Reply #2175 on: February 15, 2015, 08:57:09 pm »

How do you find the current speed of a dwarf? I can get the number that Dwarf Therapist gives, but that doesn't take into account encumbrance.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: February 15, 2015, 09:03:05 pm »

Would it be possible to see how adventure mode displays speed, is it the same speed in fort mode?

I made an album with some of the screenshots that seemed relevant to this:
http://imgur.com/a/dD0Rt
Here are a couple of shots which seemed especially relevant though I'm not totally sure how to deciper them, but as I recall this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Was full speed normal movement (5.0 displayed, dorflet vampire) with no noticeable encumbrance.

This:
Was full speed normal movement (0.2 displayed, dorflet vampire) carrying a slade slab.

I think this:
Was full speed normal movement (5.0 displayed, dorflet vampire) carrying a platinum slab.

All movement was in the same direction (north) after building up to full speed and I hit the z menu while moving before pulling up the gm-editor and checking the action -> bottom entry (only three, one is like (-1, none) for moving, (2, eat) or something for others, then the current action id, then a bunch of numbers and letters, that one) -> raw_data and some of those numbers look like the gait/stealth/buildup stuff, but the changes to the top value look relevant for encumbrance/speed.

Edit, more testing:
5.0 movement, dorflet vampire, 0 plat slabs:
5.0 movement, dorflet vampire, 1 plat slab, to 1.0 movement, 5 plat slabs:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:35:07 pm by Max™ »

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: February 16, 2015, 11:59:26 am »

Searching in the trade depot for "x" has definitely worked before. In fact, it's how I used to dump all my unwanted worn clothing before dfhack utilities like cleanowned.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: February 16, 2015, 12:52:59 pm »

Oh, searching? Which depot screen (marking goods to be brought to the depot or trading)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: February 16, 2015, 04:33:36 pm »

so digging through the choices it seems that you can totally invoke anyone into being a companion.
without needing a slab or fighting legion of angels. though I don't know if this works on hostile units.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 04:38:43 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: February 16, 2015, 05:10:42 pm »

...adopt?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: February 16, 2015, 06:18:06 pm »

...adopt?
I think it's ties to prisoner rescue option
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: February 16, 2015, 08:06:06 pm »

Aye, one of the prisoner rescue choices available until you get the adorable "soandso embraces soandso" bit when talking with a friendly unit.

More to the point, how did you turn them into companions?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: February 17, 2015, 02:53:16 am »

Aye, one of the prisoner rescue choices available until you get the adorable "soandso embraces soandso" bit when talking with a friendly unit.

More to the point, how did you turn them into companions?
invokeServiceBounding option.
the bonding option you get for demons work on anyone you talk to if you give access to that option.
so I had an eagle and axeman forever bound to me so it's a in-game force companion option.
though I wonder if it works on hostile units
Code: [Select]
df.global.ui_advmode.conversation.choices[15].choice.type=163
df.global.ui_advmode.conversation.choices[14].choice.type=162
df.global.ui_advmode.conversation.choices[15].title="Invoke obediance By using The True Name"
df.global.ui_advmode.conversation.choices[14].title="Banish By using The True Name"
just pick a option then rewrite it to include this. though if I was more Dfhackfu I would just make this an insert choice option.
haven't tested the Title bit but here's a small script I call Invoke.lua
I guess banishing works the same way and you can straight up Talk someone to nonexistence.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: February 17, 2015, 03:00:12 am »

I'm reminded of Exalted and the social-fu high essense solars convincing someone they're dead so well the person actually dies.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: February 17, 2015, 03:53:46 am »

Huh, look at that, unit_action.talk.unk_0 is the topic type. Just banished a human with that method, now unk_0 is 162. unk_3c is the unit being talked to and unk_40 seems to increment by one every time the unit talks.

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: February 17, 2015, 04:56:21 am »

Is it possible to enter arena mode from fortress mode and spawn creatures in 40.24? I'm using DF 40.24 with Phoebus's tileset and this is what I get
Also, is it possible to "hire" human caravan guards or take some goblin "slaves" in 40.24? How exactly? Will they breed?
And also can I mass-edit tiles using DFHack? For example, turn all tiles designated for mining into open space.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:57:54 am by Rusty_knight »
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: February 17, 2015, 05:51:35 am »

Is it possible to enter arena mode from fortress mode and spawn creatures in 40.24? I'm using DF 40.24 with Phoebus's tileset and this is what I get
Also, is it possible to "hire" human caravan guards or take some goblin "slaves" in 40.24? How exactly?
And also can I mass-edit tiles using DFHack? For example, turn all tiles designated for mining into open space.
we got a script to spawn creatures with out needing to switch to arena mode(you can do this by using Modeset but it's not a tile set issue more so doing so kinda doesn't fill out the creature list for arena and you need another script.), but Fiddling with arena mode will end up with everyone set to independent and hostile to everyone because their unit.combat_side is set to 0 in every other mode.

Code: [Select]
function FillArena()
--add races to the arena spawn list
local arena_spawn=df.global.world.arena_spawn
arena_spawn.race:resize(0)
arena_spawn.caste:resize(0)
for num,race in pairs(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all) do
for caste_id,caste in pairs(race.caste) do
arena_spawn.race:insert("#",num)
arena_spawn.caste:insert("#",caste_id)
end
end
makeown script will hire those folks but god we don't have a good script/plugin for editing those guys into the fort.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: February 17, 2015, 06:01:10 am »

we don't have a good script/plugin for editing those guys into the fort
I don't understand this part. Do you mean that they wouldn't get involved in the fortress activities and given any jobs?
Also your fillarena script doesn't work for me.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:53:01 am by Rusty_knight »
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: February 17, 2015, 06:24:46 am »

we don't have a good script/plugin for editing those guys into the fort
I don't understand this part. Do you mean that they wouldn't get involved in the fortress activities and given any jobs?
yeah pretty much unless their the same civ from the same group from the same culture or what ever they won't work, also you need to remove the resident flag from them so they could pop up.
and even then you need to do more fancy dfhackin to get them into the noble screen and the military.

edit: Wrote up a nice extra dialog script that grants you the Powers of an Angelic God slab. now you too can tell lil jimmy to Go to hell or Bound just about Anything to your control with nothing but words.

the bound option is a 100% no way around it companion granter
the banish option just does what it says on the tin, though it pretty much raptures the hell out of anyone you use it on so don't expect any corpses when using it. best for if you REALLY want someone dead great for assassinations.
Spoiler: invoke.lua (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:45:14 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 360