Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1087257 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r3
« Reply #2415 on: April 05, 2015, 06:11:45 pm »

HO HO HO!

Worked out that I was army 40, so I did gui/gm-editor df.global.world.armies.all[40] > pos1 *edit* > pos2 *edit*

x288 y204:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

x288 y405:

x488 y606:

x0 y0:

x0 y815:

x815 y0:

x815 y815:

I stopped and moved around a bit and pulled up the armies screen while resting, it didn't list the same way as while moving but I was able to check and find the ones that had controller_id = -1, controller = nil and narrow that down to the one with unk_48, 0 = true but it didn't work like I expected when I tried to teleport while sleeping, I think there is something else that controls move state vs rest state.

Generally once you start moving in travel mode it looks like your army ends up on the bottom of the list each time, but until you move it will be mixed in through the list, and it looks like once you start moving and don't exit travel mode you remain the same army on the list.

Trying to put an x or y greater than 815 and less than 0 on a 17x17 crashes as expected, btw.

For what it's worth that implies 48 possible coordinates per 1x1 world map tile, which sounds about right from the zoom travel map vs wilderness travel map scaling.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:16:18 pm by Max™ »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: April 05, 2015, 06:51:14 pm »

The army's coords were roughly 6400 x 4400, the world coords of my last incident was roughly 102000 x 70000, so the scale was throwing me off. Also I expected a controller id attached to the same entity as my incident records. Since I'm lord of an independent city-state, I'm technically the CUSTOM_LAW_MAKER of that entity.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: April 05, 2015, 08:00:31 pm »

Yeah, with a 100x100 world you're getting coords up to 4800x4800 in army mode, so I can see why that would be confusing, I poked at a couple 1 digit changes and couldn't see what it was doing until I ended up on a river and went "ohhhhhh" and started hopping all over the place.

Note that it was pure coincidence that I hopped from city to city to city in the first three screenshots, just added 200 and saw where I landed.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:02:13 pm by Max™ »

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 05, 2015, 08:43:00 pm »

Regarding the stockflow plugin, perhaps it would be easier to make it work more like workflow that's tied to a stockpile (having read a separate thread about the difficulty of having stockpile generate jobs in connected workshops)?
Instead of using job manager, stockpile will suspend/resume relevant job in the "Take from" workshops. Then each stockpile can "borrow" the workflow's interface to set up a set number/stacks of items to maintain in the stockpile.

Instead of having stockpile "create" the job, require user to create a job on repeat in the linked workshop. The stockflow UI can indicate if it can detect a relevant job it can control in the linked workshops.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: April 07, 2015, 02:42:23 pm »

I have used DFhack with every version of DF since 31.25, and you guys have done incredible work on it, that said, I have several problems with the latest iterations of the toolset.

1) What the hell is the init example file written in, I can read it in notepad but it becomes a horrific unformatted mess that is nearly impossible to understand.
2) I do NOT like having DFhack automatically utilize the init example on startup, there are more than a few plugins I simply don't want running AT ALL in DF, as for why this is a problem see #1
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 07, 2015, 03:03:27 pm »

It's, uh, pretty straightforward ASCII.

I'd blame whatever you're doing to read it, honestly.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 07, 2015, 03:04:57 pm »

I have used DFhack with every version of DF since 31.25, and you guys have done incredible work on it, that said, I have several problems with the latest iterations of the toolset.

1) What the hell is the init example file written in, I can read it in notepad but it becomes a horrific unformatted mess that is nearly impossible to understand.
2) I do NOT like having DFhack automatically utilize the init example on startup, there are more than a few plugins I simply don't want running AT ALL in DF, as for why this is a problem see #1

1) Blame Microsoft and use notepad++
2) The example is there to help customize the configuration to your liking. Edit the file to disable unwanted plugins. See 1)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: April 07, 2015, 03:10:37 pm »

I do not want the effing thing to run AT ALL unless I'm telling it what to do, what part of that is hard to comprehend?  And so I take issue with DFhack automatically running something I can't even read.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 07, 2015, 03:15:58 pm »

The issue is that whatever you're using to read the file isn't respecting the newlines in it. You can use another editor or create a dfhack.init file (like the message states) to be used instead, which can contain whatever you want.
Anyway, what plugins don't you want to run? Most of the defaults are fairly reasonable, in my opinion.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 07, 2015, 03:22:23 pm »

I don't want to have any of the workflow stuff running, I don't really feel the need to have any of the trade stuff, I do not want max wheelbarrow at all, the advmode-contained thing does not need to be active, I don't have any idea what the hell the farm plot stuff is at all, so I would massively prefer to not have that, and I don't use the mouse for anything except switching active windows so to hell with that also, so almost everything that is enabled by default I don't want running.  Pretty much the only Items I do want are the stable material, stable cursor, and military tweaks.  ANd my problem with the init example is that windows does not acknowledge that is any type of file at all, so I have to manually tell it to load it in notepad, and that completely breaks its formatting.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:27:53 pm by NullForceOmega »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 07, 2015, 03:27:43 pm »

Here's the default dfhack.init-example: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/master/dfhack.init-example
The only workflow-related things are keybindings, which won't actually work if you don't enable the plugin itself. Most tweaks (fast-trade, tradereq-pet-gender, farm-plot-select) are bugfixes or add a key or two to some screens to make things easier - "tweak help" or "help tweak" should list all of them. I can understand disabling things like autotrade and the max-wheelbarrow tweak if you don't expect to use them, but most of these tools won't impact performance unless you're actively using them.
If you like, you can save that file to "dfhack.init" and edit it to your liking, or create an empty dfhack.init file in the DF folder.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 07, 2015, 03:51:16 pm »

I do not want the effing thing to run AT ALL unless I'm telling it what to do, what part of that is hard to comprehend?  And so I take issue with DFhack automatically running something I can't even read.

It's perfectly easy to understand and people are comprehending exactly what you're saying, but you're not comprehending that they're telling you how to edit the file so that it doesn't run at all and being belligerent about it.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 07, 2015, 04:03:00 pm »

Thank you lethosor, I appreciate your help.  Have a nice day Putnam.

Edit: new though related problem; I copied the Init example from the git repository, edited it and renamed it dfhack.init, now dfhack doesn't recognize it even existing and wants to use dfhack.init-example, but that file no longer exists.  Now what?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:17:07 pm by NullForceOmega »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 07, 2015, 04:42:38 pm »

May I suggest enabling plugins that run in real time in a separate file? That way you could comment out the line that loads it until you're ready to troubleshoot it for instability, discrepancies, or performance issues later.

As it stands you now have to sift through each line of the main ini to sort out the bells, whistles, friendly conveniences and practical annoyances when you'd really just rather play the game with commands that only fire when they're explicitly entered.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 07, 2015, 05:01:09 pm »

To the DF hack devs. Windows recognizes any thing past a period as the type of file. For example dfhack-run.exe, windows recognizes its an executable file, while dfhack.init-example reads as INIT-EXAMPLE file. I think this is the whole problem with Null's problem. So really it should read as dfhack-example.init and I wouldnt be surprised if it ran fine.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 360