Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1077544 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3315 on: November 29, 2015, 06:46:53 pm »

First you need to look in df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[465].caste[0].body_appearance_modifiers and find the one of type HEIGHT, where 456 is the default creature type of dwarfs, and 0 is male. Replace with the creature type and caste id of the unit in question.
printall(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[467].caste[0]) gives me a bunch of information on dwarves. (I added two new creatures to make 'plain' leather and 'prepared' meat, intestines, liver, etc., and they went at the beginning of the creature file list.)
printall(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[467].caste[0].body_appearance_modifiers) gives me nothing at all, though on most other creatures it gives me a 0 1 2 list with memory addresses. 468 (humans) and 469 (elves) give me a 0 1 list, presumably because they don't have a LENGTH modifier.

Since it's messing up on reporting the body modifiers, I should say that I want the raw information because I messed up my dwarves. I was inputting some extreme values to see if there'd be any changes to a running fortress, and I accidentally put five values in instead of seven.

I have an older save on that fortress, and it gives the correct 0 1 list.

I don't know what to do with that yet... I'll have to get back to you.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: November 29, 2015, 08:19:23 pm »

Here's something you can try:

Select a dwarf with v, then type in gui/gm-editor I'm the console. That will allow you to look at all the info for that dwarf.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: November 30, 2015, 05:02:42 pm »

Okay, I figured out the problem with the non-display of the modifiers. I left the raws as they were when I broke them, with five values. Putting the full seven in made them show up again.

On all the dwarves in the broken fortress, the body modifiers are set to 0 and the size modifier is set to 1. I selected the former largest and smallest dwarves (plus a couple of others) and changed the three modifiers, but it only had an effect on the smallest. I have a hunch why, but I'd need to go edit some more dwarves.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: December 01, 2015, 03:19:41 pm »

Requesting programming magic to make DFHack compatible with the new version of DF.

It can't be that hard... Right?

Right?

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: December 01, 2015, 03:36:18 pm »

Requesting programming magic to make DFHack compatible with the new version of DF.

Right?

In all of programming magic, there are few arts deeper or darker.  Fortunately, the best practitioners have been making it simpler, and #dfhack is aware of the new release.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: December 01, 2015, 03:53:44 pm »

We're working on it but we're running out of people asking us to hurry up. ;)

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: December 01, 2015, 04:03:13 pm »

Right?

In all of programming magic, there are few arts deeper or darker.  Fortunately, the best practitioners have been making it simpler, and #dfhack is aware of the new release.

Go DFHack team Go!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: December 01, 2015, 04:18:54 pm »

Right?
There's not a lot of new code needed to update to a new version, aside from changes needed to fix things that depend on changed structures. The most work involves figuring out the layouts of changed structures, and maybe new ones too.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: December 02, 2015, 12:30:56 pm »

Hurry up!

(And you guys are invaluable assets to the DF community.)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: December 02, 2015, 04:22:14 pm »

I miss reveal and exterminate so badly :'(

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: December 02, 2015, 05:03:19 pm »

all i miss is, uh

actually i mostly want to make a rollercoaster tycoon-esque "most common thoughts, distractions" GUI

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: December 03, 2015, 02:13:32 pm »

all i miss is, uh

actually i mostly want to make a rollercoaster tycoon-esque "most common thoughts, distractions" GUI
I almost got around to it...
The idea was a board that would collect most common thoughts around that area. However the problem is that there was HUGE number of different thoughts that need to be turned into coherent sentences.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: December 03, 2015, 02:15:04 pm »

Current version makes it easier with the maslow stuff.

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: December 04, 2015, 08:03:54 am »

If you guys live-streamed yourselves working on the new version, I'd totally watch and cheer.

Apostolos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: December 04, 2015, 12:33:44 pm »

Need some help here.. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out just the basic stuff on this.  I wanted to try and learn a little bit about DFHack as I have heard lots of people mention it.  My questions have a lot of explanations from my point of view.  I am begging whoever manages stuff to please take the time and go over what I am going to say so you 'see it through my eyes' so to speak.

After looking at the documentation inside DFHack itself with the ? command I kinda had some vague ideas but I absolutely suck at just reading documentation and actually understanding anything. I have to see it to 'get it'.  So.. I did a google search for dfhack tutorial.  Here is the video I first looked at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZrVbwm4YLA

I realize that changes take place and that the version he documented in his video is not the same as what exists now.  I went to GitHub to look at the commands like he is talking about but the web page does not look like what is in his video.  The biggest problem I have is that the GitHub page the wiki points to is one of the most non-beginner-userfriendly pieces of documentation I have ever seen.

In the video, there on the front page at the 3:45 mark is a big "Commands" section.  I cannot find that anywhere (after looking literally for 3 hours).  At the bottom of the page currently it says ..and I quote
"The full documentation is available online here, from the README.html page in the DFHack distribution, or as raw text in the ./docs folder. If you're an end-user, modder, or interested in contributing to DFHack - go read those docs."

I clicked on the link but I do not see any "ReadMe" link or the word "Distribution" in any link either.  I also do not see anything saying /docs in the linked page.  However I do see docs folder on the github page which shows an images and styles folders which again confuses the hell out of me as nothing there has anythnig remotely resembling actual documentation of anything.

Can someone for the love of GOD point me in the right direction?  Also.. can someone clean up the github page to be more user friendly and more concise and clear as to where the bloody hell to go to learn about stuff?
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 360