Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1080233 times)

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3705 on: February 03, 2016, 09:38:08 am »

Hey I just downloaded the newest LNP for windows with DFHack enabled, and after generating a new (large) world, i used the exportlegends maps command, and it crashed while the trade map was generating. Is there crash logs somewhere for DFHack, and is this the kind of stuff you're looking for as far as testing?

Hesperid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: February 03, 2016, 10:03:59 am »

My guess is that you need to use develop branch. That is there all the (hot) action is going :)

You're right. Actually the zipped up version of the source code offered for download under the binaries, for some reason, has old versions of the submodules baked in and won't compile into the actual executable being offered.

So here's what I did:

Code: [Select]
# get a fresh copy of the repo
git clone https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack.git .

# get (hot) action
git branch develop
git checkout develop
git pull origin develop

# the following step is what you can't do if you just downloaded the zip
git submodule update

Then cmake, make, make install into directory of your choice, where you have a copy of DF 0.40.25 waiting. I can't verify that this produces exactly the same as the precompiled binary that's offered for download, but it runs.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: February 03, 2016, 11:20:20 pm »

Built the newest commit in the repository but symbols.xml doesn't have an entry for the newest version of Dwarf Fortress, so dfhack deactivates on startup. Are there other changes in the pre-built binary that aren't in the source version?
Yes. We didn't update the library/xml submodule, so the develop branch doesn't point to a df-structures commit with Windows 0.42.05 support. That should be fixed now (once you run "git pull" and "git submodule update", of course).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Wutnold124

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm only here to ask questions and be dumb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: February 04, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »

The gamestart message says "Rename DFhack.init-example to DFhack.init and edit it to customize it" or something like that, but I don't have any program that can open/edit a .init
Any help?
Official dumb nerd of planet Earth

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: February 04, 2016, 05:02:58 pm »

Just use a text editor, you big lug.

Wutnold124

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm only here to ask questions and be dumb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: February 04, 2016, 05:10:14 pm »

Just use a text editor, you big lug.
I just now thought of that.
I apparently have lost 40% of my brain.
Official dumb nerd of planet Earth

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: February 05, 2016, 06:41:18 pm »

Found a couple of problems with the new autogem plugin. Or really just one, I guess.

I started getting a lot of cancellation spam "Urist McJeweler cancels cut clear tourmaline: Needs rough clear tourmalines.

I checked my stocks screen, and the only rough clear tourmalines I had were either marked for dumping or forbidden. Apparently autogem goes ahead and creates cut jobs for these gems, even though the gemcutter can't use them.

Also, I had a dwarf get a strange mood, which needed rough gems. All of my rough gems had been autocut, so I dug out a couple more, which the moody dwarf immediately grabbed. But autogem continued to schedule tasks for cutting these gems, resulting in more cancellation spam until the artifact was done.

So autocut definitely needs to notice that rough gems are forbidden or marked for dumping before creating tasks to cut them, and it also needs to be able to notice that some other task, such as a mood, has taken the gem.

Having all of one's rough gems get cut can cause a problem when strange moods arise, so players need to be able to forbid at least a few gems to keep them in reserve for moods. But if this will result in constant cancellation spam, then it's just not workable.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: February 05, 2016, 07:51:42 pm »

autogems definitely needs to notice that rough gems are forbidden or marked for dumping before creating tasks to cut them, and it also needs to be able to notice that some other task, such as a mood, has taken the gem.

Enabling the plugin should not also enable the workshop order IMO, as automatically cutting rough gems is a big change from vanilla behavior with potentially serious downsides for moody dwarves.  (I've had a few comments on this in the Starter Pack thread too)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: February 06, 2016, 10:17:54 am »

As I'm sure you know they really should be asking here. It's important for people to know at least approximately where the different tools come from.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: February 06, 2016, 03:57:37 pm »

If you set up a stockpile with links to the workshops, the cancellation spam stops
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: February 06, 2016, 04:44:34 pm »

Has anyone identified the event/rumor data for adventurer mode? I thought it would be in the nemesis file, which would explain the lag every time it displays. Is it buried in userdata?

I'm trying to cull out the insignificant ones to make the list fit for purpose. At this stage of play, the rumors dialog is unusable and simply opening the journal takes a few seconds. I predict the journal will get as bad as the rumor list.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: February 06, 2016, 05:14:24 pm »

Has anyone identified the event/rumor data for adventurer mode? I thought it would be in the nemesis file, which would explain the lag every time it displays. Is it buried in userdata?

I'm trying to cull out the insignificant ones to make the list fit for purpose. At this stage of play, the rumors dialog is unusable and simply opening the journal takes a few seconds. I predict the journal will get as bad as the rumor list.
it might get digging in history of world. That usually takes ages as it's a VERY big list.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: February 06, 2016, 05:17:38 pm »

df.global.world.incidents

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: February 06, 2016, 11:29:19 pm »

I doubt these are in the history of the world, it's full of items too trivial for history. Such as when a wild animal gets spooked by any other creature's presence, and every single occurrence of the performance of every single tale or text. There's scant overlap between what goes into this rumors list and what is retained in legends. Also, none of it transfers to any other character or fortress.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: February 07, 2016, 03:46:18 am »

I doubt these are in the history of the world, it's full of items too trivial for history. Such as when a wild animal gets spooked by any other creature's presence, and every single occurrence of the performance of every single tale or text. There's scant overlap between what goes into this rumors list and what is retained in legends. Also, none of it transfers to any other character or fortress.
It can filter or look up by id. E.g. your adventurer has a list of historical_event ids and then you open menu game looks every one of them up thus binary searching through a HUGE amount of events.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 360