Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1078760 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.42.06-r1
« Reply #4200 on: April 28, 2016, 03:13:51 pm »

I gave up on the artifact/item naming thing for the time being as getting to be a necromancer is more important. Just went over all of the worlds in legends mode I've had adventurers in and NONE of them have necromancers and their towers in them, something to do with 'Age of Myth' and only 5 years in?

How old most the world be for them to generate!? Why of why can't I just turn my character into a necromancer!?? I have DFhack and don't know how to use it properly or at all, or barely. FUCK!!! >:(
Individuals can only become Necromancers if they become obsessed with their own mortality.  Five years is simply not enough time for a vanilla sapient to worry about death. Complicating matters is the apparent limit of this anxiety to authorities, the delay between the starts of their quests and their completions, and the time needed to amass the fifty zombies required for a tower (until which, they act as bandits, living in camps.)

What size world do you play in? Generating a "small" world, with lots of civs and site, for 250 years is fairly quick, results (for my laptop, at least) in a tolerable amount of lag, and should get you at least one tower.

You could also simply add the ability to raise the dead to your custom race.

"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: April 28, 2016, 03:31:42 pm »

Ah, means genning yet another world and on top of that traveling the world and setting up stuff for who knows how long and adding a new reaction probably means genning a new world also so balls to it for now.

I play in medium world size with high amount of everything usually, I intentionally keep the history short as to avoid lag as I just can't stand lag nor load times.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: April 28, 2016, 03:33:34 pm »

-snip-

If you're already comfortable with gm-editor and want to avoid scripting, this is probably the simplest method:

1) Obtain a (not necessarily blank) slab. If you can't find one/want to avoid the hassle, you can utilise gui/create-item to make a new one.
2) Enter "gui/gm-editor df.global.world.raws.interactions" in the DFHack console.
3) Look through the entries, until you find one named "SECRET_1" or similar (not SECRET_ANIMATE). Assuming you haven't modded in any new secrets, this should relate to necromancy. Otherwise, if you're unsure about its nature, looking through its sources and effects should give you an indication.
4) Now, take note of the interaction's id (listed just below the name).
5) Use gm-editor to modify the slab: set engraving_type to 6 (Secrets) and topic to the secret's id.

And voilà! A fully-functional necromancy-inducing slab. Reading it (of course, this assumes that your unit is not illiterate) should apply the interaction.

Spoiler: side-note (click to show/hide)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: April 28, 2016, 04:16:56 pm »

-snip-

If you're already comfortable with gm-editor and want to avoid scripting, this is probably the simplest method:

1) Obtain a (not necessarily blank) slab. If you can't find one/want to avoid the hassle, you can utilise gui/create-item to make a new one.
2) Enter "gui/gm-editor df.global.world.raws.interactions" in the DFHack console.
3) Look through the entries, until you find one named "SECRET_1" or similar (not SECRET_ANIMATE). Assuming you haven't modded in any new secrets, this should relate to necromancy. Otherwise, if you're unsure about its nature, looking through its sources and effects should give you an indication.
4) Now, take note of the interaction's id (listed just below the name).
5) Use gm-editor to modify the slab: set engraving_type to 6 (Secrets) and topic to the secret's id.

And voilà! A fully-functional necromancy-inducing slab. Reading it (of course, this assumes that your unit is not illiterate) should apply the interaction.

Spoiler: side-note (click to show/hide)

Thanks! I'm sorry about my frustrated post, I couldn't even think straight at that moment.

Anyhow, I did as instructed but for some reason it didn't work, I found the SECRET_1 thing in 4th line, added it's ID to topic, saved the game and re-load the game, read the slab and nothing. Nothing under 'acquired power' menu. I spawned the slab.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: April 28, 2016, 04:34:08 pm »

Anyhow, I did as instructed but for some reason it didn't work, I found the SECRET_1 thing in 4th line, added it's ID to topic, saved the game and re-load the game, read the slab and nothing. Nothing under 'acquired power' menu. I spawned the slab.
That's unusual. Did you remember to change the slab's engraving_type?

If that's not the issue, are you playing a modded race? Necromancy secrets are generated with a requirement for [MORTAL], [CAN_SPEAK], [CAN_LEARN] - reading necromancy slabs has no effect on races which lack such tags, so this method would not work.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: April 28, 2016, 05:25:52 pm »

That's unusual. Did you remember to change the slab's engraving_type?

If that's not the issue, are you playing a modded race? Necromancy secrets are generated with a requirement for [MORTAL], [CAN_SPEAK], [CAN_LEARN] - reading necromancy slabs has no effect on races which lack such tags, so this method would not work.

Yeah, that was the issue. Added a bit of mortality to my custom beast and tested it in the arena and it worked. Now I just need to enable the thing for my current adventurer.

EDIT: Heh, mission accomplished! Nah didn't enable it for the current adventurer but I can make a new one that generates with the modified raws and since I haven't done much with the current character anyway and thanks to DFhack createitem commands I can easily get crafting materials! Splendid! Thank you guys! I'm terribly sorry for being ranty/seemingly aggressive. Was not the intention. Like I said couldn't think straight. Will try harder to avoid this situation in the future as I'm conflicted about it myself.

NEW EDIT!:
By the way, I'm gonna need a different version of the full-heal command, like cut something from it as using it on my damaged necromancer adventurer de-necromances them. :o Some line perhaps that keeps the necromancy/raising dead condition?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:02:30 pm by Droggarth »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: April 28, 2016, 07:30:27 pm »

BTW, for the folks working on df-structures, I've identified a flag for you.

Probably best to open an issue at the repo, since it's easy for comments here to get lost.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: April 28, 2016, 09:48:06 pm »

And as usual I still don't have an answer to how to I make an item like sword into an artifact with it's own name? Please I need help here. I asked this a few pages ago.

Since then I now also need answers to how do I turn my character into a necromancer with DFhack? As I don't have any necromancer towers whatsoever and I'm missing out a part of the game here because of it.

I actually have a partial explanation for this.  I recently needed to write a script to turn things into artifacts, and it looks like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: this is very sketchy, but should be enough to work off of.  The script currently looks for a name on a decoration on the item and, if it finds one, just copies that name into the artifact record.  But, you could manually edit the artifact_record::name through the interactive Lua interface.  You can find the word IDs (for name::words) at df.global.world.raws.language.words.  They're actually just indexed in the order they appear in language_words.txt.  The parts_of_speech is the specific variant of the word to use.  0 and 1 are singular and plural noun, for example.

You could also just skip all this, set all the words to -1, and then set the first_name to whatever you want, but that's less fun.

For an artifact weapon, you'll want to manually set the sharpness and such to the correct values for an artifact weapon.  Search on Google for a script called "artifake," which I based mine off of.  It sets the sharpness, so you can see how to do that from there.

EDIT: BTW, here's a useful thing for getting the word IDs:
Code: [Select]
for i,v in ipairs(df.global.world.raws.language.words) do dfhack.printerr(v.word .. ': ' .. i) endThat'll print the words and their IDs out to DFHack's error log.  Copy/paste them into a text file, and you'll have a reference for any time you need to look up word IDs.

I considered writing a script to parse language_names from plain text, which would actually not be too hard, since everything's there in raws.language.words.  The only tricky bit is the first, compound word.  You'd have to first search for single words matching it, then try every split position until you find one that gives you two valid words.  It ended up being overengineered for what I needed, though, so I've just been doing it manually when I need to.
Interesting tricks, I'll have to check over it and see if I can use what you did to streamline https://github.com/maxthyme/dfstuff/blob/master/artifake.lua more. The names script is still broken because I can't figure out how to duplicate the trick mifki used to pull up the old in-game adventurer name selection screen.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: April 29, 2016, 08:13:45 am »

so with dfhack we can change the layout of a town and install any building or room just by messing with 'realizations' I wonder is it possible to make a new site type that produces it's very own layout like if site type is 24(or for ease own by a race of slavers) then dfhack picks up on that and adds a prison filled with filled cages linked to levers? probably be alot of inserting stuff to sites to pull this idea off.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: April 29, 2016, 10:49:16 am »

Oh yeah I remember you talking about that, I'll have to poke around at those some myself since I've got so many towns in the worlds I play on.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: April 29, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »

been thinking about how would one make a shotgun spread in dwarf fortress.
idea on doing so is using minecart physics to launch a collected amount of items out in a direction assign by a cursor.
either that or thinking up a way to rewrite the 'launch/jump' script into telekinesis script for launching objects from one point to another.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: April 29, 2016, 08:56:07 pm »

Hmmm, replacing the unit with an item in launch should work, but how you'd get it to work with context is trickier, but cloning it to just make shotgun.lua or something for items seems doable.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: April 29, 2016, 09:47:44 pm »

been thinking about how would one make a shotgun spread in dwarf fortress.
idea on doing so is using minecart physics to launch a collected amount of items out in a direction assign by a cursor.
either that or thinking up a way to rewrite the 'launch/jump' script into telekinesis script for launching objects from one point to another.

Code: [Select]
modtools/interaction-trigger -onAttackStr "shotgun" -suppressAttack -command [ wrapper -unitSource \\ATTACKER_ID -locTarget \\DEFENDER_ID -locCheck 2r_circle.txt -script [ item/projectile -unitSource \\SOURCE -locationTarget \\LOCATION -item AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_PELLET -mat INORGANIC:IRON ] ]
This shoots a pellet starting from the source unit and targeting a circle around the target unit, firing a total of 13 pellets.

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: April 30, 2016, 03:12:49 pm »

Interesting tricks, I'll have to check over it and see if I can use what you did to streamline https://github.com/maxthyme/dfstuff/blob/master/artifake.lua more. The names script is still broken because I can't figure out how to duplicate the trick mifki used to pull up the old in-game adventurer name selection screen.

Well, I hope you didn't start yet, because I just noticed a bug in that code.  I was setting the artifact ID in the history event record to the item id.  I edited that post and fixed it.  I also wrote a script to go through the history events and fix all the events with that mistake, so if anyone's already used the artifact-naming script, let me know and I'll post the fixit script.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: April 30, 2016, 04:19:50 pm »

Yeah, already got the history event bit in there since I wanted to make sure they were recorded right in legends mode.

I still can't figure out why the first one you make in a world ends up turning into a slab-duplicate that crashes unless removed.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 360