Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1079667 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5055 on: December 21, 2016, 10:28:08 am »

It seems 43.05 alpha 3 is quite buggy. I'm using x64 version, and for some reason the enhanced stockpile management menu messes up items if I mark listed items as dump. The game creates ghost items on the screen, whose positions are random and can't be checked using k. And the game tends to crash after that. Autodump seems to have similar issue.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: December 21, 2016, 01:16:37 pm »

More like job manager being stupid somewhere. A common instance with minecarts: Your minecart is deliberately inaccessible, but it has stopped, and job is generated to carry it to route stop - never mind that no dwarf can reach it.

In that case, I find it is best to delete the route.
Or just forbid it?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #5057 on: December 21, 2016, 03:59:00 pm »

It seems 43.05 alpha 3 is quite buggy. I'm using x64 version, and for some reason the enhanced stockpile management menu messes up items if I mark listed items as dump. The game creates ghost items on the screen, whose positions are random and can't be checked using k. And the game tends to crash after that. Autodump seems to have similar issue.
I suspect I know what's causing this, but it's not quite the same as the issues I've found (and probably fixed). See, e.g, #1047, #1050, #173
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 04:02:53 pm by ab9rf »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: December 21, 2016, 10:03:07 pm »

Or just forbid it?
And wait a bit until the job disappears from listing, then unforbid, mark for dumping...But you likely don't need the route if it is inaccessible on purpose, and will have to do this whole forbid-wait-unforbid every time, not just the first time.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: December 23, 2016, 03:14:25 am »

I suspect I know what's causing this, but it's not quite the same as the issues I've found (and probably fixed). See, e.g, #1047, #1050, #173
I reverted back to alpha 2 and it worked this time.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: December 24, 2016, 07:51:29 pm »

Where do I find the list of keys that I can use in guis? Like 'LEAVESCREEN', 'CHANGETAB', 'CUSTOM_SHIFT_A' and such. I know I've seen it somewhere before but I can't remember where.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: December 24, 2016, 09:26:16 pm »

A couple places:

- https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/df.keybindings.xml
- lua @df.interface_key
- data/init/interface.txt (this might not list all of them)
- https://github.com/svenstaro/dwarf_fortress_unfuck/blob/master/g_src/keybindings.h
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: December 24, 2016, 11:34:43 pm »

A couple places:

- https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/df.keybindings.xml
- lua @df.interface_key
- data/init/interface.txt (this might not list all of them)
- https://github.com/svenstaro/dwarf_fortress_unfuck/blob/master/g_src/keybindings.h

Wow, I've been modding for I don't know how long and I just now learned about the @. I've just been going through one by one...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: December 24, 2016, 11:45:49 pm »

I added it in 0.40.12-r1, so it hasn't been around as long as the others. It's equivalent to printall_ipairs(), which is like printall(), but it uses, well, ipairs() to iterate over the thing you pass it, which produces nice results for enums. (printall() uses pairs(), which works well for most other stuff.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #5064 on: December 26, 2016, 02:21:40 pm »

Hello DFHackers,

I was playing my fort today in 43.03 with DFhack and when the human merchants visited, I did not see any finished goods bins in the list of items for trade.

I have uploaded the savegame and filed a bug report, but then it occurred to me that it could also have to do with DFHack, so if you want, you can check it out.

Or if you want to use my savegame with human traders and a tavern full of visitors (including a goblin bard, if he still hangs around) for some memory mapping feel free to do so.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: December 26, 2016, 03:04:38 pm »

For present and future reference, you could check that by loading the vanilla game for most issues.

But tbh it is probably that you have culling on mandates on (default settings) and your nobles prohibited the export of bins or something that would be stored in bins.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: December 27, 2016, 02:15:56 am »

Here's another question for those of you more knowledgeable about the gui programming. Right now I know how to put pictures and things onto the screen, but if I write text over them it appears as a black box with writing. Is it possible to make that box transparent so that you just see the text?

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #5067 on: December 27, 2016, 03:58:07 am »

For present and future reference, you could check that by loading the vanilla game for most issues.

O-oh, I have culling mandates indeed. Thanks for reminding me. Now I have to trade back all my crowns.

I have tried to open my savegame in the 43.03 vanilla, without DFHack. The issue is still there. Hence I conclude that it is not a DFHack problem. Thanks for your help and sorry for not checking this before posting.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: December 27, 2016, 01:43:24 pm »

Here's another question for those of you more knowledgeable about the gui programming. Right now I know how to put pictures and things onto the screen, but if I write text over them it appears as a black box with writing. Is it possible to make that box transparent so that you just see the text?
By "pictures and things", are you referring to tiles? You can't put text partially on top of other tiles.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: December 27, 2016, 01:49:50 pm »

Is there any way to fix a siege where the enemy is all dead or other-wise disintegrated but it still thinks it's a siege
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 360