Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073295 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5085 on: December 29, 2016, 07:05:36 pm »

I'm putting up a build now to fix the issues with buildingplan/etc. that showed up in alpha3, as well as some other outstanding Linux issues. Right now, there are only OS X and Linux builds. If anyone's around that can do both Windows builds (and check them with devel/check-release), that would be much appreciated.

Edit: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.43.05-alpha4
Would you like to rub beards and we can see which one of us ends up birthing horrific babies for the other?

Hrrm, I was trying out launch, it works fine if you run without a cursor, just spitting out the error (that you would get shot at light speed towards -30000 x/y/z/ and explode) but with an active cursor it just crashes:
Code: [Select]
./dfhack: line 66:  3825 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD="$PRELOAD_LIB" ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"

The only thing remotely relevant I can see in the error log is:
UNKNOWN CLASS 'ack21dfhack_lua_viewscreenE': vtable = 0x7ffff7d01a90

I don't see any other fields that were changed or why it should just segfault crash instead of spitting out an error.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:21:36 pm by Max™ »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: December 29, 2016, 08:52:34 pm »

"launch" works in adventure mode for me (with the 'l' cursor) in both OS X builds, which ought to be similar enough to Linux.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: December 30, 2016, 07:56:12 am »

Hmmm, I'll poke around at it some more, see if I can figure out what happened there.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
Command to get rid of scattered items
« Reply #5088 on: December 30, 2016, 12:33:11 pm »

I'm looking for a command similar to cleanowned, but instead of designating the items for dumping it would simply instantly destroy them, remove them from the map (and memory).

I have got too many forbidden arrows and forbidden troll fur armor pieces lying around all over the map which I want to get rid of, but don't like to spend several months of the whole fortress hauling them.

Is there something like that?
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: December 30, 2016, 03:18:26 pm »

@Nagidal: There is a command to teleport all dump marked objects to the cursor and and a command to destroy objects collected (i.e. objects under the cursor). I've used that to get rid of webs to regain some FPS in the past, but the names escape me, so unless someone else can tell you you'll have to scour the DFHack command list for them.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: December 30, 2016, 03:41:47 pm »

autodump-destroy-item and autodump-destroy-here (possibly not in that order)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: December 30, 2016, 05:08:02 pm »

or just autodump-destroy, once they've been marked for dumping by cleanowned

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: December 30, 2016, 05:37:20 pm »

That command doesn't exist, at least not in the default DFHack distribution.

Edit: "autodump destroy" does, though. The reason the others are also implemented as separate commands (e.g. "autodump-destroy-here" and "autodump destroy-here") is to allow them to be used as hotkey commands, and lets them specify when they should be invoked. (You can technically set up "autodump destroy-here" as a keybinding too, but it will be invoked inappropriately sometimes and spam error messages to the DFHack console.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 05:41:16 pm by lethosor »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: December 30, 2016, 06:38:16 pm »

Whoops >_>

Well, that makes sense.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #5094 on: December 31, 2016, 04:01:11 am »

Ah, thank you. I will try this.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #5095 on: January 01, 2017, 02:20:15 pm »

Sorry, but I still don't understand how "autodump destroy" works. If I mark a forbidden arrow on the map for dumping (under the k cursor), it seems unaffected by "autodump destroy" or "autodump destroy-here". A regular dumping job is created for it and it still stays on the map. What am I doing wrong?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: January 01, 2017, 05:42:01 pm »

Sorry, but I still don't understand how "autodump destroy" works. If I mark a forbidden arrow on the map for dumping (under the k cursor), it seems unaffected by "autodump destroy" or "autodump destroy-here". A regular dumping job is created for it and it still stays on the map. What am I doing wrong?

You might need to unforbid it, or use "autodump destroy forbidden".

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: January 03, 2017, 07:29:27 pm »

So, I hadn't thought much about this since originally I just attributed it to being on a personally compiled super-alpha develop branch of dfhack, but now with so many of the globals located I was trying to get some of my scripts back in order and ran into a problem with artifake not using the right value for artifact_next_id, and it seems to be because there isn't a value that makes sense for it at all?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know that it should be like 17980 or so, not -159036100, and there are similar value issues for item_next_id and others seen there. The same problem happens with the alpha4 release so I'm rather confused that it otherwise works fine despite this.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: January 03, 2017, 08:46:39 pm »

Well, those addresses must be wrong. I'm not sure how exactly they were located, but as long as they're within the section of memory that contains globals, which they probably are, you'll get unpredictable values instead of crashes.

Incidentally, it could be easier to locate the correct address if you know exactly what those values should be, as long as they're not particularly low.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: January 04, 2017, 12:46:30 am »

It seems 43.05 alpha 3 is quite buggy. I'm using x64 version, and for some reason the enhanced stockpile management menu messes up items if I mark listed items as dump. The game creates ghost items on the screen, whose positions are random and can't be checked using k. And the game tends to crash after that. Autodump seems to have similar issue.

Could you check on this and see if it's fixed in alpha4?

Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 360