Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360]

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1073428 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5385 on: May 11, 2017, 04:39:30 pm »

When you build a farm plot, the default setting for fertilize is on, as fertilize. You can pres "f" and it sets the farm plot to cancel fert, meaning it won't be fertilized. If you set farms to cancel fert, save and reload those same farms will have fertilize back on.
I'm pretty sure that's not right. "f: fertilize" means "if you press f, this plot will be fertilized, but right now it's not", and "f: Cancel fert" means "this plot is being fertilized, so pressing f will cancel fertilization". I'm basing this off of personal experience (I've never had a plot fertilized, so I'm pretty sure it's not the default), and the fact that fertilization counts are only displayed when "cancel fert" is displayed, which would be pretty useless if "cancel fert" meant "fertilization is inactive". I'll admit that it is inconsistent with other menus, though.

Also, this page says you need to press "f" to enable fertilization. However, you might find the "s"easonal fertilization option more helpful - the "f" option might be a one-time thing.

Oh and btw an idea for Autobucher. Is it possible that one more thing would be included in those options and that is to be able to set collect eggs on/off for every "race". The don't collect eggs option, should be possible by a script that setts forbid on certain race eggs in the nest box. It sucks locking and unlocking or forbidding eggs. This option would perfectly round up the autobutcher tool.
I tried making a separate plugin to forbid eggs once, and found that it was a lot harder than I expected. It might be easier now that we have ways to cancel jobs easily, and I've been meaning to look into it again at some point.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

knedl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: May 11, 2017, 05:10:48 pm »

Tnx for the info on the farms and fertilizing! The options for it really are clunky and the more I look into it now it might really be that I set it to fertilize just once while I thought I set it for seasons. The devil hides in the details I guess.

I hope you find a solution for eggs, would be really neat.

Tnx again for all the work you do on DFHack!

knedl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: May 13, 2017, 04:28:50 am »

OK I can now confirm 100% my theory on units not showing up at least for a siege. When the siege is announced only a hand full of units enter the map (11 units), the rest of the siege force is yet to enter it in the next few in-game days. If you make a quick save right away when the alert for siege is announced and game pauses then load this save game only those few units that have already entered the map (so 11 units) will be the whole force that sieges. The rest that should enter the map never ever show up and are simply gone. I have both save games stored, one that is made spot on when the alert is announced and one that is made two in-game days later with all the siege units that arrived and have just reproduced it again. If I load up the save game when the siege alert is announced only those 11 units that are on the map attack and the rest never show up.

I was actually doing some observation on caravans and it's most likely the same since it took several in-game days before all 7 wagons and another 4 traders with single pack animals entered the map. So saving between the time after the caravan is announced and before the whole caravan envoy is actually present on the map itself might produce the problems people have. It does easily explain the prob with the caravan never fully unloading since it got "cut in half" during a save and reload while half of the wagons entered the map and the other half were still out but are now lost because of how the game creates the save. So the wagons that did arrive on the map start unloading but you can't trade until all the caravan wagons and traders with single pack animals (and some of those get lost on reload) get to the trade depot and unload their stuff. I was waiting for the dwarven caravan to show up to test this but instead the siege came up. I hope I get the dwarfen caravan today so I will make a save while half of the caravan enters the map and the other half is still out/off map and see if I can reproduce the same thing as with siege units.

Not sure if Liasons have guards with them when they enter the map but if they do, saving while all the guards still haven't entered the map might be a cause for stuck Liasons as well. Will test it out as soon as I get one visiting.

Who knows maybe Toady even did this deliberately so it would be harder for people to cheat through save games. But if this is not intentional then this is a big bug and Toady should be aware of it because at the end it's a big exploit where you just save and reload and 90% of the siege force never enters the map and it's a game breaking bug when it comes to caravans.

I am playing the 43.03-r09 PeridexisErrant Starter Pack

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: May 13, 2017, 07:18:17 am »

Interesting observations, knedl.
I would recommend testing with a regular save, rather than a quicksave, to rule out that quicksave somehow misses something that a vanilla save captures. Caravan testing could be done by saving as a caravan season approaches, copy that save, and use copies of the copy to try different save times and save methods from the same base condition.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: May 13, 2017, 08:58:55 am »

Any issues with quicksave would also occur with vanilla autosaves. Saving from the options menu would still be a good idea, though.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

knedl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: May 13, 2017, 02:08:33 pm »

@Patric & lethosor

I am on it, I have all the save games set and ready to test in all possible ways. Will write what I come up with in a structure so it can be reported to Toady afterwards if I locate the bugs close enough. I plan to do it tomorrow or latest on monday.

I have been thinking about eggs some more and I am interested if you guys know if those can be forbidden by a script while eggs are inside a nest box. Also the autobutcher works the way that it slaughters the oldest animal when a child matures so this will cause problems. If an animal which laied eggs is butchered then those will not hatch. Those forbidden eggs then stay for ever and the nest box is occupied. Not sure how to get around that with a code. I have been doing a lot of this manually to try and figure out the best way.

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: May 13, 2017, 02:38:54 pm »

I was playing with the embark anywhere feature and embarked on a goblin tower I visited in adventure mode. The layout of the tower changed. All the corpses were where my adventurer left them, but the rooms were different. So corpses were inside solid walls or in the air.

Just thought that was interesting since it was unexpected.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: May 13, 2017, 05:29:45 pm »

@Patric & lethosor

I am on it, I have all the save games set and ready to test in all possible ways. Will write what I come up with in a structure so it can be reported to Toady afterwards if I locate the bugs close enough. I plan to do it tomorrow or latest on monday.

I have been thinking about eggs some more and I am interested if you guys know if those can be forbidden by a script while eggs are inside a nest box. Also the autobutcher works the way that it slaughters the oldest animal when a child matures so this will cause problems. If an animal which laied eggs is butchered then those will not hatch. Those forbidden eggs then stay for ever and the nest box is occupied. Not sure how to get around that with a code. I have been doing a lot of this manually to try and figure out the best way.
I think it would be best to keep autobutcher from marking units who have claimed a nestbox with (fertile) eggs. It doesn't look like it does that yet.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: May 13, 2017, 10:40:00 pm »

I've made a new thread for 0.43.05-r1: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164123

I saw Expwnent on IRC a couple days ago, but not recently enough to inform him of this, so I expect this thread will remain unlocked for a bit. It would be good to continue discussions in the new thread, though.

(Also, r1 is out: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.43.05-r1)

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #5394 on: May 14, 2017, 10:03:02 am »

I tried making a separate plugin to forbid eggs once, and found that it was a lot harder than I expected. It might be easier now that we have ways to cancel jobs easily, and I've been meaning to look into it again at some point.
I wrote the "nestboxes" plugin I can't remember how many years ago that does this: it forbids fertile eggs, no matter where they are, so they are left alone and allowed to hatch. (Some people consider this cheaty.) I suppose we could move this out of devel, it is perfectly stable.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: May 14, 2017, 10:32:14 am »

I was having an issue in 0.40 where forbidding them wouldn't stop existing egg-hauling jobs. (Also, there's an item_eggst flag that you can check instead of working with pregnancy information.) I think the addition of Job::removeJob() would make it easier to stop existing hauling jobs, so hopefully we can get one of the plugins working for r2.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #5396 on: May 14, 2017, 12:45:17 pm »

I was having an issue in 0.40 where forbidding them wouldn't stop existing egg-hauling jobs. (Also, there's an item_eggst flag that you can check instead of working with pregnancy information.) I think the addition of Job::removeJob() would make it easier to stop existing hauling jobs, so hopefully we can get one of the plugins working for r2.
Nestboxes runs fairly frequently (every five ticks), but it would be an idea to stop hauling jobs.

I think I coded it to check pregnancy information because the item_eggst flag was either unreliable or absent in 0.34.

Unless Toady's changed it, an egglayer that is currently incubating a brood is marked as being pregnant. It was my recollection that autobutcher will not butcher pregnant animals, and so it ought not butcher egglayers who are incubating a brood. I've noticed that there have been some changes in how pregnancy is handled in more recent versions of DF, and so these tools may need some tweaking to be reliable in current versions. (The main thing I've noticed is that dead units remain pregnant after dying.)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: May 14, 2017, 04:24:57 pm »

Looks like it was present in 0.34.11-r4 and absent in r3, so that would explain it. Anyway, "tweak eggs-fertile" has used that flag successfully for a while, so I'd say it's safe to use.

Also, there's a new thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164123 (not that I mind having this conversation here, but my last post is on an older page now, at least with 15 posts/page).

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360]