Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [DFHack] Mini mod collection  (Read 17666 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
[DFHack] Mini mod collection
« on: June 21, 2014, 03:54:33 am »

Download here
Installation: unzip "df-mini-mods" folder contents into hack/mods, so that many folders would be under hack/mods.
Repository here
Using:
  • type gui/mod-manager
  • select mods that you want to and press "i" to install them
  • generate world
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:22:28 am by Warmist »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DFHack r5] Mini mod collection
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 12:46:25 pm »

A new idea (mostly inspired by meph): a mini-mod for buildings that automatically issue jobs for dwarves: https://github.com/warmist/df-mini-mods/blob/master/personalBuildings/idea.txt

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:38:15 pm »

Doesn't the [AUTOMATIC] tag do that?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 03:09:46 am »

Expwnent, he is talking about idle dwarves. Dwarf X has nothing to do, he might start a job at that workshop. A big difference to automatic. The reactions would be done for free or very cheaply in terms of reagents, queue automatically when you have idle dwarves, and they wont queue if your dwarves are busy.

As you can see on Warmists examples, its mostly recreational stuff: Hobbies, Gaming, Praying... things dwarves might do in their free time.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 03:12:13 am »

Also big difference: there would be no way to order them to do it.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 10:55:02 pm »

Oh, I see. That could add some nice flavor.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 02:02:11 pm »

Progress!: reworked stuff so it's more simple to add new buildings that do stuff (and now it's possible to do more stuff). [MORE VAGUE SENTENCES]

To be more precise: display case is now only 37 lines
A start to personal buildings with very simple syntax (still debating with myself where to move common logic). Now it's a question of what to train/ how to reward units/player for wasting time on idle-work.

A new thing is canBeRoomSubset in building-hacks: building can be counted in room buildings. I.e. when placing building in defined room it adds to value/stuff that is in room. For coders: you can access parent thus can access all the children of parent. This is first step in building multi-user buildings (like rituals or games etc...).

One drawback (or bug?) building must be placed after you define room (from statues, tables, chairs,...) so that kind-of sucks...
Edit: some eyecandy: images
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:24:46 pm by Warmist »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 11:01:38 pm »

should probably include this in my mod collection collection

...can I include this in my mod collection collection?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 12:25:56 am »

Yeah sure, but i can't remember if i pushed the new stuff which might require newer dfhack. So test before releasing :)

MornieOhtar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 03:22:11 am »

Hmmm.... How about not so 'free-time' things?
I mean, lets say dwarf have a dream of mastering profession. This dwarf is idle. Needed workshop is empty. Then lets create some job for this exact dwarf in this exact workshop.
As long as I can remember, dfhack can simply specify, who will do that work and what material to use.
Lets say, for the start, it'll take cheapest available material. If this all will work fine - then maybe consider on material according to dwarf happiness/status/profession rate.
This work have a high chance, that dwarf will claim created item, if it's of high quality (masterpiece or, lets say, first-of-this-quality-maid).
Possibly, this'll raise this dwarf's happiness.

This have several questions, as I can see:
1. Is there possibility to force dwarf claiming item?
2. Is there possibility to increase dwarf's happiness from DFhack (if not - lets just stay with this from making dream come true).
3. This 'work' should really stay background. Lets say, it'll be hidden from the list in workshop from player (is it possible?), and if manager and/or player have orders to this specific workshop - it'll be autosuspended. Is this possible to make?
4. As an additional variant. What about dwarf to be able to designate and build needed workshop in owned room, if there's free space and needed material, which would be always claimed by him (or while dwarf ownes this room) and will be used for such tasks? Or maybe possibility for player to create such 'community workshop center's for them, whose workshops will be out-of-controll for player and manager.

Sorry, I hadn't even looked into modding dwarf fortress, so all I have is raw idea=) But dunno how others, I'll be just glad, if my dwarves will be able to create even useless stuff while idling xD
Anyway, PTW and should try this stuff in my fort, if it's compatible with 34.11 and starter pack (Peridexis I guess).

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 05:19:25 am »

Well there is some overlap with workflow in your post. The "workflow plugin" does allow to automatically manage jobs so that you always have some amount of products.

As for this idea exactly: it could work
1. It's possible to force dwarf claim an item. Though unless toady reenables economy it's of little use (just clutters up workshops)
2. It's possible to add thoughts to dwarf thus increasing (or decreasing) his happiness (e.g. was satisfied at work)
3. Not sure about this one.
4. Possible but hard. While the ownership idea is already in (i.e. if you construct a "crafting table" in his room, he owns it) but there is a lot of nastiness involved with dwarves constructing their own workshops (though it is an interesting idea)

As for compatibility it should be okay (if starter pack has dfhack r5).

MornieOhtar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 10:05:01 am »

Well... I dont think, that I'm the first one to think 'bout such thing with workshops, so maybe we'll just wait someone also to join discussion=)

1. With economy, I think, it even may be much funnier... But much harder to balance things. Becouse dwarves, that don't work will eventually become richer=)
2. Well, happiness through thoughts may be somehow wrong... But not sure. Anyway, may be it'll be enough to have dream come true.
3. Well, I almost sure, that moving suspended job down the list is possible - need to google for this... But 'hide it from player'... Hm, maybe it's just not needed? May player know, that some brave dwarf works in this workshop. Why not?
4. Erm... Custom wishes? Urist McDwarf wants magma smelter in his Royal Bedroom?xD

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 08:04:44 pm »

How compatible with recent dfhack versions are these? I'm particularly interested in personal buildings.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 06:44:35 am »

Should work, though haven't gotten around to testing/resuming development.