Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Meph's Graphics/Font/Items Tileset (24x24) - Now pre-installed  (Read 30350 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Mifkis amazing plugin allows unlimited tiles to be used for DF. No longer limited to 256, modders can now give each individual item its own tile. With this I made a set of 4 tilesets. One for graphics, plants, grasses, inorganics, buildings. A Second for text. A Third for weapons and ammo. A Fourth for armors, shields, pants, shoes, gloves, helms.

The graphics tileset is my MasterworkDF mod tileset. The text tileset is a slightly modified Cheepicus from the tileset repository on the wiki. The item sets I made today.

Spoiler: Armor & Shield Set (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapon & Ammo Set (click to show/hide)

This project is still work-in-progress. I just wanted to share the resources with other people. When its finished it will be included in the next MasterworkDF update, and I plan to release a vanilla DF version of this as well at some point.

Biggest issues at the moment are that it requires an OpenGL print mode, so True-Type Fonts have to be disabled. It also clashes with Rendermax. Currently this means you have to chose: True Type or Fancy Lighting or Multiple Tilesets.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:25:25 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Meph's Graphics/Font/Items Tileset (24x24)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 04:19:46 am »

Got a present for everyone, and for Peridexis especially.

Spoiler: Vanilla Overrides.txt (click to show/hide)

Have fun. Its just drag and drop. The tileset goes into data/art. The overrides.txt goes into data/init. Please do not alter your vanilla raws, since the mapping of the tiles depends on the position of the raw entries. If you add/remove objects, the graphics will corrupt.

Now comes pre-installed with vanilla DF 34.11, dfhack r5, obsidian graphic set and my item set.  >>> DOWNLOAD <<<

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:41:50 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 04:22:11 am »

PTW
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 04:27:16 am »

Sure, sure. It's always about the windows guys...   ;D
Thx a lot Meph! Nice work.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 04:31:09 am »

Sure, sure. It's always about the windows guys...   ;D
Thx a lot Meph! Nice work.
Hehe, its just that he asked maybe once or twice when I do the vanilla version. ;)

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 05:16:37 am »

you are sir, beautiful! thank you.
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 05:42:24 am »

Now comes pre-installed with vanilla DF 34.11, dfhack r5, obsidian graphic set and my item set.  >>> DOWNLOAD <<<

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meph's Graphics/Font/Items Tileset (24x24) - Now pre-installed
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 12:00:17 pm »

Looks great! But is it possible to have transparent backgrounds for the items? I realize it might make them harder to see in some cases, but something about black squares everywhere kind of bothers me.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 12:17:24 pm »

Looks great but is it possible to have transparent backgrounds for the items? I realize it might make them harder to see in some cases, but something about black squares everywhere kind of bothers me.

Seconded, transparent background looks more natural.  Is there a reason I'm unaware for the black?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 09:33:41 pm »

Yes, there is a reason: The TwbT plugin does only add foreground color. No background color. COLOR:7:6:0, which should be grey with brown background, will show as solid grey. Makes items harder to see, which is why I opted for solid black. I tested with floor tiles previously, didnt turn out so well.

I can make one with generic grey background, like cavern floor... 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 01:26:23 am »

Updated with a non-black background. I used the stockpile background, because thats where these items most likely will end up.

Added food, trap comps and instruments.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 07:26:00 am »

This is madness. If I get enough time this week before I go into vacation, I will try to make an item set for Mayday (because I think that black backgrounds for items would work the best with Mayday tileset :)).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 08:04:06 am »

This is madness. If I get enough time this week before I go into vacation, I will try to make an item set for Mayday (because I think that black backgrounds for items would work the best with Mayday tileset :)).
Check the newest Masterwork download, it has three item tilesets. And do enjoy your holiday, regardless of DF :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 04:22:25 pm »

Any idea why does it report DF as "crashed" when I go out of DF through "exit", and is it me or others as well? Or is it another unresolved DFHack weirdness which is expected to be there?

P.S. I don't see any information about tile dimensions for the loaded tileset. Does it automatically divide the existing tileset size by 16 to get the tile dimensions?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:40:27 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 11:16:03 pm »

I got the crash report as well, but since it happens when you end the game anyway, I dont see a large issue. Stonesense does the same with dfhack, when you enter 'die'.

The new tilesets are always 16x16 tiles, but can be any size in pixels. They will be compressed to meet the tilesets you use in the init. For example the Obsidian Soul Vanilla version I uploaded has 16x for the normal tileset, but 24x for the items, and they still look fine ingame.
Pages: [1] 2 3