Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Meph's Graphics/Font/Items Tileset (24x24) - Now pre-installed  (Read 30445 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Meph's Graphics/Font/Items Tileset (24x24) - Now pre-installed
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 03:18:23 am »

Thanks for the update :). I've already changed the tileset to Mayday and played around a bit. It looks cool! Are the overrides supposed to be for items/buildings only, or is it possible to override tiles for other things (i.e. trees) as well?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 03:46:06 am »

Items and Building currently. Custom workshops dont work yet. Plants neither. You can override "any tile X", so in theory you can replace trees, but you cant specify PLANT:TREE_X.

But you can do hardcoded stuff as well.. crutches, splints, bins (!!!), wells... I wanted to make another set for that, but havent started yet. Doing stockpile cleanup and teleporting invaders atm.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 10:38:47 am »

Nice going Meph, this is looking really great!

Where did you get your sprite sets?  Did you draw those all up yourself, or are you using public sprite resources?

I've been working sporadically on a 20px sprite set (because it is easier than 24 px, sometimes..., and should accommodate more screen resolutions), and drawing your own sprite set is a laborious process to someone who is not an extremely experienced pixel artist.  Public resources are always nice, and converting from 24px to 20px is relatively easyish.

Keep up the good work!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 11:22:21 am »

They come from here: https://ccrgeek.wordpress.com/graphics/tilesets/

They are free to use, I have about half of them I took from there, the rest is copy pasted, altered, selfmade... a wild mix.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 01:39:11 pm »

Thanks!

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 08:09:51 pm »

For some reason, all the tiles that are supposed to be unique are all the same (weapons, armour, etc.) How do I fix this?
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2014, 02:58:49 am »

First of all explain what you did, what OS you play on, what print mode you use...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 12:44:03 pm »

PTW

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2014, 05:26:58 pm »

First of all explain what you did, what OS you play on, what print mode you use...

I used the pre-installed version on my Windows 8 PC. What's a print mode?
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2014, 07:01:21 pm »

Biggest issues at the moment are that it requires an OpenGL print mode, so True-Type Fonts have to be disabled. It also clashes with Rendermax. Currently this means you have to chose: True Type or Fancy Lighting or Multiple Tilesets.

Has this changed recently?  I know truetype is still incompatible, but MW looks like rendermax works... I guess I'll find out when there's an r5 release. 

Got a present for everyone, and for Peridexis especially.

Now comes pre-installed with vanilla DF 34.11, dfhack r5, obsidian graphic set and my item set.  >>> DOWNLOAD <<<
(Thanks!) I was going to grab the package and extract the relevant bits, to ensure that there weren't any save-as-typo stuffups, but it looks like your dropbox is overloaded :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2014, 01:37:10 am »

I found something like this to work better ingame, gives a little bit of background color blending based on the item.

Just used the Levels thing in Photoshop, raised the black cutoff to 33, then the dark lower level to 25, and upper bright level to 225.

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 11:56:22 pm »

Hey there -- I copied my saves over to an copy of Meph's package, but when I open it I get symbols instead of letters in the menu, f.e. Similarly in dwarf and squad names in game, I think mostly for non-ASCII (accented) characters. I'm getting a graphical tile for . (period) as well.

Is that expected? Did I manage to screw up the simple task of uninstalling, copying a directory, and starting DF?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 03:02:11 am »

Your saves were ascii? thats the cause, you need a save with obsidian soul tileset raws. Or phoebus, which are close. if your save was in ascii, it wont display correctly.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 03:27:51 am »

Your saves were ascii? thats the cause, you need a save with obsidian soul tileset raws. Or phoebus, which are close. if your save was in ascii, it wont display correctly.
Copying the obsidian raws from "dwarf fortress/raw" to "dwarf fortress/data/save/regionX/raw" should work, no?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 04:11:45 am »

Ah, yes. I forgot this is about vanilla, not modded. ^^
Pages: 1 [2] 3