Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Meph's Graphics/Font/Items Tileset (24x24) - Now pre-installed  (Read 30351 times)

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Meph's Graphics/Font/Items Tileset (24x24) - Now pre-installed
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2014, 08:57:06 am »

Your saves were ascii? thats the cause, you need a save with obsidian soul tileset raws. Or phoebus, which are close. if your save was in ascii, it wont display correctly.

Ah, I think they were Mayday? Not sure how to tell from looking at the save, sorry.

But this is from before I load a save, in the menu that selects them. Should the game's raws matter at that point?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 08:59:15 am »

Yes. The names are derived from the words in the language file, which is in the raws. Accented characters are replaced with graphical tiles in graphical tilesets, to get more usable tiles. The accented characters are then deleted from the language files.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2014, 03:04:11 pm »

cant wait to see this in action for the next version...this set looks beautiful

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2014, 05:08:32 pm »

I'm just posting here in the hopes that any needed updates to work with the new version will also be posted here. :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 09:10:20 pm »

It needs a specific dfhack plugin, which needs to be updated. Which relies on dfhack iteself being updated. So... it will probably take a little bit.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 09:15:07 pm »

Oh, I know that (in the general sense, I didn't know what the needed update was specifically :V), but this way, I'll know when the topic is posted in with said update.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2014, 09:47:14 am »

Wow... I'm glad I stumbled upon a link to this! I'd already tried out Masterwork (so I've seen some of these tiles, I believe) but I can patiently wait for them to be updated to DF2014 (especially as I'm waiting for DF2014 to become a bit more stable before trying a proper fortress in there *smirks* ).

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2014, 11:19:53 am »

So are you planning on having unique tiles for everything? Or at least a vast majority of things?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2014, 01:07:54 pm »

So are you planning on having unique tiles for everything? Or at least a vast majority of things?
All items already have unique tiles. :)

I can make a few more, for hardcoded items, like bins, crutches, splints... but all items in the raws have unique graphics when you use this set.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2014, 01:23:25 pm »

I suppose to clarify I am more speaking towards creatures...the set looks amazing for the items...jsut curious how extensive you plan on making it outside of items

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2014, 01:27:51 pm »

I am confused. All creatures in vanilla DF have unique sprites already, there is no need for the TbwT utility to add those. Obsidian, just like any other tileset, already has creature sprites included.

There is literally nothing in the raws that does not already have unique graphics with this. Some grasses/plants/trees might use the same tile and different colors, but thats because they look very similar in RL anyway.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2014, 02:50:07 pm »

fair enough! I was not sure if everything had a (graphic) tile yet

BlueSteelAU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2014, 04:23:13 pm »

doesn't this mean that now we can have both Normal looking Text not polluted by strange graphics. as well as the tiles ?? I can't see why they say its not needed (I know there TTF now, but not on every screen output)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2014, 04:31:33 pm »

Yes of course. Thats the entire reason behind text-will-be-text. As the name implies.

TTF does not work with the plugin, because it requires a specific PRINTMODE:
Pages: 1 2 [3]