Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: CEF: The Labyrinth of Sa-Rosal: IC Thread  (Read 9532 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
CEF: The Labyrinth of Sa-Rosal: IC Thread
« on: June 21, 2014, 12:39:10 pm »

===Rules===
1) All out of character posts, such as questions, character sheet edits and other discussion goes to the OOC Thread

2) Post formatting is mandatory under these conventions:
"Colored, quoted text is for character speech"
Colored, italicized, unquoted text is for thoughts
Default text for descriptions and non-game related actions
Bold text for game-related actions

3) During battle, the game takes this order:
Player Phase Start: GM posts with Map->Players Act->GM posts when rolls are involved->Players Act->repeat last two steps until all players act->
GM Calculates Enemy Phase->GM Calculates Ally Phase->Player Phase Start
Outside battle, the Players act while the GM posts as necessary

4) You may not post here until the GM mentions you in a '//X is in!' line at the bottom of a post.

===Table of Contents===
Blank, to be filled later!

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CEF: The Labyrinth of Sa-Rosal: IC Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 12:40:01 pm »

Prologue: Endless Sands
~~~~~~~

The modest town of Caleda, situated on the borders of the nation of Atyr, country of Torhys, and the claimed lands of Duke Garron, typically held little that would interest your typical traveler. With a small population of honest working people, surviving on the edge of the western marshlands of Galsine, the citizenry led a simple yet honest life. The most interesting thing that would happen would be the occasional caravan of cloaked mages wearing the emblem of a vortex, bound into and away from the harsh desert up north. This changed about three years ago, as the Lady of Narcene far to the southwest had anointed a new, ambitious lord in her service.

The newly ascended Duke Garron, in his pride and fresh power, aimed to take the lands north of Narcene and fight his way to the crumbled Rotylian Empire to the east, his blade set to end the Tylian line once and for all. This, however, bade poorly for the many minor lords and land holders of the newly declared Duchy of Garron. They would resist, and Garron would summon the will to fight them on many fronts. In the devastation, many residents of the lands lost hope, and flee their homes north, towards the only countries that could hold firm in the face of war.

Caleda has since become a shanty town of many people, a good number of the new residents are kind souls, and to their credit, they have made Caleda a reputable place to rest for those who flee. As the southern borders of Torhys are closed and locked to all, refugees redirected along the northern marshland river to the town, a single border post nearby serves those looking to continue east to Orlbalt or Vilholt. Now, a good number of mercenaries make this their first stop when looking for work in the west...

~~~~~~~

The sun crept ever closer to the horizon, painting the lands around it with a deepening brush of orange. A thankful reprieve in the face of a brutal Atyr summer day. The residents of the normally quiet border town of Caleda finished their daily tasks and slowly filed away from the dirt roads. That says little, however, of the many refugees huddled together in small camps around the town. The receding light of the sun was slowly overtaken by the dim lights of campfires as the unfortunate men and women fleeing from the south cooked what little scraps they had. A few sell-swords roam the roads at the citizen's request alongside a town guard or two, keeping their eyes out for any trouble...

Inside an inn, sequestered away within the center of the town, a great many people sit amongst the few tables. A passerby would likely be under the impression that, if it were filled any fuller, the walls would lift off the foundations. A good number of people crowd around a single crier, trying to listen above the din and spread news, while others are simply content to sit and hassle the overtaxed young serving boy going from table to table. Among them, a number of wandering travellers sit...

//Henrigg Donovan, Harlan Coronas, Elliotte Braun, Kain Montreau, Atrisse Caolden, Votel Mistmark and Hector are in!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 12:48:59 pm »

"So, mind if I ask who you are?"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 12:50:42 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »

Off in one corner, a haggard-looking man sat on his own, picking at his food. In the poor light he looked positively corpse-like.
: Dammit...I can't even work up an appetite for beef stew anymore.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 01:14:09 pm »

The blonde man slurped some of the own stew and chewed on some of stale bread.

"Yeah."

"Name's Hector, and now I'm back to my food." With formalities done and conversation finished, he took another spoonful of the stew.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 01:51:10 pm »

Kain smiled at the purple tressed young man. "My name is Kain Montreau. Aspiring mercenary. And yourself?"

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 01:57:52 pm »

"Henrigg Donovan, mercenary archer."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 02:11:30 pm »

A girl with an odd tiara-piece finished her last sip of tea.

: "Elliotte. Just Elliotte. Where are you headed, Henrigg? You don't look like the locals..."

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 02:14:11 pm »

"Wherever whatever adventures I get into take me."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 02:21:06 pm »

: "Well, I've heard there's a great ruin called 'At-ilm' nearby with plenty of lost goodies. Yet... everyone sellsword wants money up-front. I guess they don't want to risk going coinless. Such a shame."

Elliotte leaned in across her table.

: "How's about it? We could split our finds. Oh, I've never done anything so adventurous!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 02:26:34 pm »

"Certainly simple enough, should we find simple coins. But what if we find gems, or weapons? It can be difficult to appraise such things fairly to make sure each member of the company receives their fair share."

"Not to imply that I'm not interested, of course. Count me in."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 02:31:07 pm »

The crier near the entrance pauses his speeches for a moment to drink what he can out of a flask he holds. The quiet is enough for a moment that everyone can hear a gruff voice outside.
"Fine, go ahead in. Don't cause any trouble."

The loose-hinged door swings open, and another entrant files into the inn.

//Harold Coronas is in!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 02:35:39 pm »

A young man entered and looked around. His sight stopped on the most corpse-looking guy in there, just barely recognizing him. He walked towards the table.

:Finally. It took me damn long to find you, brother.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 04:25:56 pm »

"Sounds alright to me, Elliote. But yes, while I do take jobs for money as well, I believe that adventures are more important."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 04:31:51 pm »

@Kain

: "We could sell off any useless baubles or relics and split the coin. For usable goods - like weapons - they could be passed around between whoever has the skill. For example, I'm a swordsman, so I'll share with others trained in blades."

Elliotte unsheathes a long, gleaming rapier.

: "Swordswoman. Force of habit."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14