Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll to Destroy the World! Turn 23: The Turns Keep Taking Too Long  (Read 27294 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Destroy the World!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2014, 01:46:36 am »

Name: Felicia the Chessmaster
Race: Undead
Subrace: Vampire
Description: Pale and pretty (as traditional for vampires) in appearance, with short dark hair, straight nose and mischievous green eyes. She has a bit scrawny figure and wears clothes traditional for a man. As such, much to her dismay, she could be taken for a boy in this tradition-based medieval society.
Affinity: Wind
Traits: Brilliant strategist, chessmaster, wolf form
Personality: Mischievous and daredevil, Felicia is careless and absent-minded at times, but that's not her main personality. She is calm, collected strategist, always planning the eventual demise of her enemies (and allies, just in case). That, or playing another chess game.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Destroy the World! Signups Closed!
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 08:58:49 am »

First, I must start by saying the NAV's character IS approved...
… with the trait Already Dead, removing them from the game immediately. Have a nice daycycle!

With that out of the way, bulborbish, BlitzDungeoneer, Sinvara, blazing glory, 4maskwolf, and Nirur Torir are in the game.

Lenglon, while it is a VERY high power character, I can make it work. It will have a few penalties in game, but it can work. Waitlisted, along with Yourmaster and Sarrak.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 09:15:37 am »

Haha damn. Should've included the trait not dead on her sheet.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 10:40:01 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:51:50 am by Harry Baldman »

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 11:08:56 am »

Turn 0
A thousand years had passed.
A thousand years since good prevailed.
Few remember the old wars, the battle with the forces of the Dark God. The war which almost ended the world. What is known, is that a great hero, despite the Dark God's inevitable victory, fought against the darkness, and had prevailed. The overlord slain, his lieutenants sent to the grave. The Hero will always be remembered as the one who saved the world. His legacy, remaining as a lesson to all.

His victory was not permanent. For slowly, the forces of darkness grew in strength, until yet again, an Overlord rises.

His name is known by few, perhaps so people don't realize that Hanz-hanz, a cutebold vampire, had taken on the mantle. Perhaps because of his unusual... size did people ignore what was happening.

Regardless, an overlord is an overlord, and in the Darkland, five lieutenants rose up.

The current nations right next to the Darklands are (4) lands.
The First, the land of Cura, a small nation with almost no military, but masters of recent Magitech technology, to the east.
To the north, the tribal forces of Elye, skilled at war, but only having basic magic.
To the west, the great Empire of Abrlein, with its mighty army and magical weaponry.
And to the south, the kingdom of Ecria, with its small army of warmages.

Also, Harry Baldman, I will remind you that I pick your flaws, so while you are now WAITLISTED, I cannot guarantee it will look the same way.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:41:40 pm by Humaan »

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2014, 11:09:12 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:10:56 am by Humaan »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Destroy the World! Turn 0!
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2014, 12:30:47 pm »

"Okay, minion-dudes. Nobody else really wants the Darklands, so they're ours, but they're not really very useful for my plots. The next part of my plan is to claim Elye. We can train the savages into a real army, and use them on Cura.

Or I guess you could take down Cura before anyone knows we're here, if you guys think that would be easier.

Either way, at least half of what resources you've gathered by now should be used to get your own minions, if you haven't brought any yet. Build me a mighty army!

Then spend a bit of time getting acquainted with each other and prepare however you want for battle, I guess."

Govern my village from my castle for income.

((I thought Nav's character was amusing, taking into account the "Undetectable lier[sic]" trait at the end.))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 12:57:15 pm by Nirur Torir »

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2014, 01:06:30 pm »

"But of Course, Great Overlord, you every wish is at my disposal.

I shall send a man to Cura to investigate the true extent of their Magical Might. Until then, I recommend that your other servants move against the tribes of Elye.

Now I shall go. For the overlord!"

Spend 1/0 on a group of meatshields soldiers
Spend 5/0 on a Spy, dubbed Black Velvet. Send him to spy on Cura's magical capabilities.

Spend 3/3 on a Keep which generates 1/0 material every turn.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2014, 02:28:25 pm »

Also, Harry Baldman, I will remind you that I pick your flaws, so while you are now WAITLISTED, I cannot guarantee it will look the same way.

Well, I don't really expect I'll ever get in, so I don't think it'll come up. Nevertheless, it's mostly just suggestions. Do as you will, and I will not mind one bit.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2014, 02:40:50 pm »

((Bulbor, you get a normal action, too, this turn.))

"I'm sure you all want to know about taxes. I'd like your input here, but I'm thinking 25% taxes on the holdings you have stewardship over." ((Rounded down, carrying over between turns. I'll keep track. This includes buildings that auto-train armies.)) "I have two ideas for looting. Either you keep what you and your forces loot, after 25% taxes, or we'll pool everything together. Two shares for the overlord and one share each lieutenant.

Taxes will go to defending my realm and buildings we'll all benefit from, like a portal network. If I don't collect taxes, I'll have waste your talents on regular garrison duty."

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2014, 04:18:15 pm »

(( To be honest, I was waiting to see what everyone else was going to do before my personal action. Regardless, I'll do something now))

Whatever you command, I Obey, Overlord, though I would prefer that those who are successful keep their loot and not grant it to those who are inactive and weak.

I will search for enemies against your ambition.

Search for an opponent to battle.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2014, 04:19:50 pm »

"Whatever you command Great Overlord, might I suggest that we keep our resources separate? So that one of us cannot take all of them and leaving us to be bogged down by small details like being broke?"
"I don't understand the suggestion. I'm not ordering you to keep your gold in a pile here, and if I could conquer the world alone I already would have."

Spend 2/3 on constructing a magical forcefield that will cover the Darklands and always coat the residents with a magical marker that allows them to re-enter the Darklands after leaving.
((I'm pretty sure you can't afford that. Also, I think you missed my first order))

"Whatever you command Great Overlord [...]"
"Either way, at least half of what resources you've gathered by now should be used to get your own minions, if you haven't brought any yet. Build me a mighty army!"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2014, 04:21:26 pm »

"Yeah sure whatever."
Get as many Minions, preferably weak fox demons, as I can.
Edited.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 03:15:03 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

blazing glory

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2014, 04:53:16 pm »

Fine,if that is what you wish.

Spend 4 wealth on elite minions,spend 1 on a weak band of minions,be biased towards getting physically strong minions rather then magic ones.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:01:18 pm by blazing glory »

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 11:09:08 am »

Just waiting on 4maskwolf. I'll make the turn tonight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16