Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stonesense Overlay - Much work to do  (Read 14998 times)

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense Overlay - Much work to do
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 12:19:34 am »

Update 7 release:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69yks5fcm1mhxio/modified_stonesense_update_7.7z

This adds Gnomes, Orcs and Warlocks.  Every fortress playable MDF race should now have a tile set.  I used the caste tags to pull out skeletons and ghouls for warlocks and assign them each a separate sprite sheet.  They are always considered to be armed (so they have their hands up regardless of profession or military status.  Gnome gloves may need some tweaks from when I resized the sprites, but I will get to that with the next release.  Also found and eliminated almost all of the errors due to comments being misplaced and I pointed succubi wings to the basic skin color (that should fix those blue wings).

Now that the fortress races are laying flat (in a messy pile of modified files menacing with spikes of kindness) I plan on starting on the missing terrain types, though that may take me a while to figure out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 12:39:37 am »

Thanks so much for your work on this. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PotatoHaulerBlu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 08:33:10 pm »

help please im using Masterwork 6.1 and when i type 'stonesense overlay' into Dfhack it does nothing and says command not recognized?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 03:02:17 am »

Yes... The overlay is a dfhack r5 features, the mod uses r4.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 04:27:25 pm »

Meph - Is it possible to use DFHack r5 with MWDF 6.1? If not, what's the holdup? I kind of want to try Overlay =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 04:34:17 pm »

The thing that holds us on R4 is that way too many scripts never got updated to R5.

If we are going to update them ourselves, might as well do it for the 40.X version of DFHack, and not twice in a few months.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 04:42:50 pm »

Oho, thank you slay-mithos! Which ones aren't working? Do we know?
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 04:48:46 pm »

Sorry, no clue, just repeating what Meph said on an other topic for the script not being updated to R5.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 05:06:14 pm »

After messing with Overlay for a bit with vanilla, I have to say that it's pretty cool, but I'm probably still only going to use Stonesense for occasionally visualizing what forts look like, and taking screenshots. I retract my previous intense interest! =D

Zeronet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 10:44:37 am »

File load failed: stonesense\terrain\block_walls.xml
Failure in reading stonesense\terrain\block_walls.xml

So i took the block_Walls.xml from rar file of the default windows version  of stonesense for 34.11(http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106497.0) and replaced the masterwork version. I'm not really sure what im doing...

This was missing from the masterwork block_walls.xml so maybe thats why it didn't work?

<form value="block" />
 <material value="Inorganic" />
  </wall>
</walls>

However, what i did made the block floors work, so thats something. Block walls still don't appear now i get unrecognised root element 'blocks', so it's still not loading the walls png but it still makes all the walls look like rough walls so that's not too bad.

So basically, i think if you just switch out the block_walls.xml you can get block floors to render in stonesense, which i personally find much prettier.

Zeronet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 10:21:16 pm »

Using the block walls xml from the latest version of DFHack fixes the block wall issues. (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9645)

The only load errors left FAILED LOAD BODYTYPE for the warlock civ and material subtype not found etc, for BULB_KOBOLD.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:24:27 pm by Zeronet »

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 10:52:16 am »

It was the inorganic flag?  :'( That appears to just leave the archaeology stuff (ruins, treasures, fossils and relics) as uncolored black blocks.  Thank you so much for digging this up.

I need to go about catching the rest of this back up to account for hermit and any of the other odd changes in the more recent releases.

Edit:

Here is a cleaned up release I've checked against release 6.1 at least a little bit.  This includes re-enabled werewolves (I just turned off their hair/skin coloring and just colored them in the *.png).  Also removed skin, hair and eyes from ghouls and skeletons while adding different colored bone variants for the various skeleton castes. Also, added initial support for the hermit, but I've not really tested it yet.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ikwm5qaibx02qfq/modified_stonesense_update_8.7z?dl=0

On another note, I saw a buildings template has been kindly posted to the stonesense instructions Meph originally linked at the top of the post. (unless I am blind and have just not seen it before now)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:34:17 pm by Denisac »

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 10:04:10 am »

Denisac - fantastic work, thank you!

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 12:22:11 am »

I do have a question that I hope somebody can help with.  I can get the custom workshops to tile, but for some reason it is applying the tile template to all of the custom workshops and not the specific one I was targeting as a test case.  If I could just figure out how to make the actual building name be used as a discriminator it would help immensely.

Here's what I have for a Dwarven Greatforge as a debugging template so far.  I want to make a nice and simply repeatable grouping based on the wiki template.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<building name="Greatforge" game_type="Furnace" game_subtype="Custom" game_custom="GREATFORGE" file="dwarf_greatforge_mwk.png">

<if>
<PositionIndex value=0 />
        <sprite index=0 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=1 />
        <sprite index=1 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=2 />
        <sprite index=2 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=3 />
        <sprite index=3 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=4 />
        <sprite index=4 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=5 />
        <sprite index=5 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=6 />
        <sprite index=6 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=7 />
        <sprite index=7 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=8 />
        <sprite index=8 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=9 />
        <sprite index=9 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=10 />
        <sprite index=10 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=11 />
        <sprite index=11 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=12 />
        <sprite index=12 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=13 />
        <sprite index=13 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=14 />
        <sprite index=14 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=15 />
        <sprite index=15 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=16 />
        <sprite index=16 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=17 />
        <sprite index=17 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=18 />
        <sprite index=18 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=19 />
        <sprite index=19 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=20 />
        <sprite index=20 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=21 />
        <sprite index=21 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=22 />
        <sprite index=22 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=23 />
        <sprite index=23 />
    </if>
    <if>
        <PositionIndex value=24 />
        <sprite index=24 />
    </if>
</building>

That gives this output in Stonesense using tile numbered floor only tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The problem is that stonesense is also filling in the template on custom buildings that I have not defined yet.  The white tiled building on the top left is an ore processor and the one on the bottom middle is a gemforge.  I was hoping to only have the tiles for the 25 tile greatforge on the right side of the picture.  Once this is worked out I should be able to put in a nice, quick bit of placeholder imagery for all of the custom workshops.  I plan on putting all the custom workshops in a separate directory from the rest of the buildings to make it a simple matter to keep them separate from the existing ones with a single *.xml file and a *.png for each one called from an index.txt file inside the directory.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 08:09:12 pm »

Maybe also ask in the main Stonesense thread? I'm sorry to say that this is a bit beyond me =D
Pages: 1 [2] 3