Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Stonesense Overlay - Much work to do  (Read 15015 times)

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense Overlay - Much work to do
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2014, 06:57:04 am »

Looks to be a known break with custom workshops/furnaces.  As usual I trip over breaks and bumps, but at least in this case it was already known and is apparently in work to be fixed.  Going to try and migrate the modifications over to a newer version and see if that fixes it.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2014, 12:32:29 pm »

Awesome - thank you, and keep us posted! =)
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 07:43:05 pm »

Well, looks like I have a goal while we wait for the custom buildings fix to get rolled into the formal pack.  It looks like Naga are coming along at a crazy, awesome pace, so I think I'll hit them next and probably pick up Spawn of Holistic along the way since sticking a jagged maw in the middle of a dwarf's chest with the odd tentacle sticking out of various orifices shouldn't be too rough. (Though now I feel a little weird for saying that).

As for the Naga, it looks like four main castes from what I understand.  A brutish warrior caste, a nimble hunting caste, a general worker caste and a witch/caster caste.  Kind of figured to go with the reptilian/aquatic-looking versions for the warrior and hunter castes (the males) and use the more traditional half human Naga version for the general worker and witch/caster castes.  It should keep it a little easier to pick out which ones are which at a glance if I can give them slightly different body shapes.

Here's what I have as a concept for the hunter caste, cleaned up somewhat from my original posting since it downscaled awfully and looked really, really, bad even for my limited drawing skills.  I still need to split the sprite so I can allow the right hand weapon show up behind the head and there are no eyes (they're a different index), but it's a start anyway.

Edit:

I went ahead and put together bases for the other castes and added them to the spoiler below.  Thinking I might redo the hunter one though, it is still a bit too muddled for my liking.  I did use part of the x128 human female sprite from the human sheet to keep them consistent with what was already there.  Should be able to combine the witch/worker sheet pretty easily this way and cut out one *.png anyway.  Still need to reposition some arms on the male castes to be sure they wield properly and do something about separating the heads from the rest of the base sprite so they can be a different index.  Will probably give the worker/witch castes different head sprites to make them more visually diverse.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:59:27 pm by Denisac »

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 02:08:25 am »

No update to upload yet, but I have pulled out the modified files into their own directory and migrated this effort to the new masterwork reborn alpha which allows for functional custom workshops.  I now have the basic structure and placeholders for all of the new dwarven structures in the current raws.  I want to get some better art put place and make sure everything lines up properly again (wielding dwarves look very odd right now).

I do have 'art' for the naga more or less ready.  I will see about rolling that in with the current definitions sometime, but not rushing given the lack of updates on that project's status.  Would just rather not have to do that chunk twice....

Anyway, here's a quick picture with several of the custom workshop placeholders.  I am aiming to make them as simple as possible first and then go back later to optimize the files better once I get them established and working right.

Edit:   Progress has been made, here is a picture of the dwarven workshops based off of the manual pictures where possible.  I think only the crucible is modified (to be 5x3 instead of 3x3 like the manual) and the tailor was taken from an in-game screenshot since the manual didn't have a copy.  I've built a few scripts for Photoshop to make it easier to take 32x32 tiles and convert them over to Stonesense floor tile perspective, extrude a floor tile vertically and one to place a tile as a tabletop of sorts.  Once I get the weapons glitch worked out (it's probably all the missing weapon tags from the previous version) I will push out an update.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:20:30 am by Denisac »

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2015, 06:53:23 pm »

Pushing out a release for use with masterwork reborn v0.000003.  Has all of the basic masterwork buildings and dwarves. Should just have to copy it into your stonesense directory (The only thing added to the index.txt is the call to the one in the mod directory).

Known issues:
Non-wielding dwarves have red pants/boots all the time
The bigger furnaces have not been tested yet (dwarven siege works has rotation issues)
Rotation of the workshops does not work properly yet
Stonesense does not seem to like starting up multiple times (probably something I did)

Release v2.00.1:

Edit:
I figured out most of the rotation issues (because they were bothering me) and culled most of the unused files which seems to have fixed the crashing issue, posting update.

Release v2.00.2:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:37:45 am by Denisac »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 09:26:35 am »

Oh, this is great. :)

I will include it in the next update, even though I cant really say when that will be. But with the new dfhack supporting stonesense on a life basis, people will use it a lot more often.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 2 [3]