Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177455 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 63 No good deed goes unpunished
« Reply #1020 on: March 06, 2015, 01:07:36 am »

((My internet is so crap righ now. Ok, answers:

@XXXXYYYY: You are concious, but completely paralysed from neck downwards.

@Aoshima: I kinda got confused there. Also forgetfull. Instead of giving you 1 POT I added +3POT to that spell. Which should had been +6 since I changed prices some thirty ticks ago. Since it's too late and it didint mean much, consider geting +3 to that spell for free. Also, that spell you are atempting, is very unlikely to succeed without any sort of boost. Not after first cast at least.

@endless It came from my need to stop doing updates in the evening. I.e a mistake.

@Beirus It is not your minion yet, so no.))

((That's why I'm using all my essences for it.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 07, 2015, 07:41:22 pm »

Grundar will try to knock out Endlessblaze before he can cast the spell. Or after. I told him not to fight.

(you do know the speed mages is after me now right? this was doomed to happen the moment the ship was alight)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 09, 2015, 05:48:02 am »

Turn 64

"Well, damn."

Finish it with a good freeze. Essence.

SPD [3+1=4] vs [6+1=7]
STR [2]

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [6+1+1=8]

Nightmare stabed Kahel desperatly, trying to finish the mage off before another spell. It knew it had failed as explosion of frost was unveiled right before it. Kahel was triumphant, as while explosion severly chiled him, demonic horse could not withstand it.
{-1 to DEX rolls until warming up}

Use the spell now to get to him. If that fails, just start swimming to him.
Spawn a fireball right on the speed mage, at range

SPD [6] vs [5+1=6]
CMP [5]
POT [4]

CMP [4]
POT [2+1=3]
DEX [5+1=6]

DEX [1]
STR [5]
END [1]

Azenfar and Blaze reacted at the same second, if this was a shootout, both would had perished. Azenfars magic propeled him to shore at great speed, and while Blaze conjured a fireball right around his head, it failed to do more than singe Accelerators eyebrows. Now, two opponents were within spiting distance from one another, both waiting for the other to show even a hint of weakness. This was interupted by Grundar, who sneaked up on Blaze and knocked him out with a hearty punch to the head.

Three force essences. After that, follow Jase and the Dragon once they start heading towards the portal.
Back to the portal. Aether sense it if I need to, then 1 essence. Or two essences if I don't need to sense.

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [4]
POT [2]
CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [4+1-2=3]

CMP [2]
POT [5+1]
LUCK [10]
CMP [2]
POT [1]

It did not take long for two mages (and a dragon) to find out that portal was not where they left it. Or that they were not where they were. In either case, neither wanted to freeze to death, so Jase reached out to aether to search for the portal. Aftershock of their relatively violent arival had messed up aether curents so, that Jase could only feel that the portal was "close".

"Etszu, maybe you should warp the tree back to its original form. Then mr Tree can return to his forest and we forget all this happened. That's the only way I can see this working. Agreed?"

3 more healing essences, and stay out of melee range from the Treant.

Grundar will try to knock out Endlessblaze before he can cast the spell. Or after. I told him not to fight.
"Absolutely. Though I'm not sure if he'll actually forgive due to the fact that all this started when some of his compatriots attacked me due to my Elders' actions in the old wars. This'll be a bit risky due to lack of essences, but we'd had better hope the hands of Fate roll in our favor just this once."
Etszu attempts to unMeld himself and the Treant.

SPD [3] vs [6-1=5] vs [6-1=5]
CMP [4]
POT [2]
STR [2]
END [5]

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [3+1+1=5]
CMP [3]
POT [2+1+1-1=3]
CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [4]

Rather than chasing unimpeeded James, treant continued to pummel on Etszu. It's punches were as fleshwarpers atempt to seperate himself, well aimed, but lacking in power. Grundar, as comanded by James endded battle between other two mages by knocking one out cold.

"Please die already, this is dragging too long!"

Switch State aspect between Romanticus's bones and blood. Use all essenses!
USE TELEKINESIS TO THROW A LARGE ROCK OR SIMILARLY BIG OBJECT AT AoshimaMichio

SPD [1] vs [4]
CMP [3]
POT [3+1=4]

END [6]
CMP [5+1+1+1=8]
POT [6+1+2=9]

END [6]

Romanticarnus was first to move, his reflexes gained from combat on several worlds serving him well. But Ishin was using too much power, the stone meant to knock him out just bounced away, unable to interupt mighty streams of magic. Sorcerors right leg was wracked with pain as various veins and arteries in it ruptured from suden solidification of blood. Sorceror colapsed on the ground, and with horor noticed that his right hand was entirely transformed in blood red crystal, bloody carapace covering soft center of bone. It was as if he had angered Khorne again. But it was not the worst he had to endure, through willpower and madness sorceror managed to keep himself from blacking out.

Magical storm that had disapeared for a while, reapeared above forest and decended, blowing through forest at great speed yet mysteriously, inflicting no harm to the trees.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 64 Mind over matter
« Reply #1023 on: March 09, 2015, 06:37:58 am »

((Dang it nav! Now the accelerator is going to kill me!))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 09, 2015, 07:44:55 am »

Ishin was dissapointed. So much power and such paltry results. Hmph, this calls for alternative solution: Stomp his throat flat.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 09, 2015, 08:09:39 am »

((Nav you had better protect me, if I die I swear I will sacrifice you to armok.  I will tear out your eyes and force them down your throat. I will tear out your guts and strangle you with them. I will bathe in your blood and slowly cut you apart! SO IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU PROTECT ME!))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 09, 2015, 09:57:11 am »

((Nav you had better protect me, if I die I swear I will sacrifice you to armok.  I will tear out your eyes and force them down your throat. I will tear out your guts and strangle you with them. I will bathe in your blood and slowly cut you apart! SO IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU PROTECT ME!))

This almost looks like mixing OCC and IC
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 09, 2015, 09:59:59 am »

(Yha I might change it to be my thoughts while I'm knocked out, like a sort of dream state but I'm not sure))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 09, 2015, 10:08:10 am »

"Things will go better for you if you JUST STOP ATTACKING!"
Summon handcuffs directly onto the treant.

Grundar will defend Blaze from harm, and if necessary knock out Azenfar too.

:)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 09, 2015, 01:19:21 pm »

QUICKLY TELEKINECKLY PUSH AoshimaMichio AWAY FROM ME

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 09, 2015, 01:43:53 pm »

Ishin was dissapointed. So much power and such paltry results. Hmph, this calls for alternative solution: Stomp his throat flat.
QUICKLY TELEKINECKLY PUSH AoshimaMichio AWAY FROM ME

I would bet 3 shards that regardless of the outcome of this turn that ishin will win the battle.

Anyone want to bet against me?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 10, 2015, 03:49:06 am »

((Can someone tell me what Grundar is? I kinda skipped through a few pages of this game because it was hard to follow. Is he an ogre or something? Is he armoured? Stuff like that.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 10, 2015, 04:40:17 am »

((Can someone tell me what Grundar is? I kinda skipped through a few pages of this game because it was hard to follow. Is he an ogre or something? Is he armoured? Stuff like that.))
((A troll NAV summoned. No armor, but regeneration. Eats humans.)
Old sigs.
Games.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 10, 2015, 04:48:08 am »

"I don't know who you are but that flaming piece of shit lying on the ground tried killing me twice already. You'd better give me a damn good reason why I shouldn't end him right now."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:25:11 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 10, 2015, 05:18:08 am »

As Kahel was close to volcano and heading towards the desert, warming up wasn't thtat much of a problem.

Search for soul shards, make two essences and continue onwards!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 506