Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180596 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 69 The magical number
« Reply #1155 on: March 26, 2015, 08:36:41 pm »

((Hey Crimson, you thinking what I'm thinking?))

((Well, I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same thing but I can say that things could get messy from this point onwards.))
((Sounds like we're on roughly the same page.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 27, 2015, 11:32:04 pm »

((Still, I'm not 100% sure so do what you must.))

Create three force essences.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 29, 2015, 12:39:54 am »

Deep in thought, Kahel created a few more essences, careful not to do the previous mistake again. Soon, it would be a time to move on...

Three essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 29, 2015, 01:43:57 am »

((Hey, uh, do you take criticisms for your game? Like, if I didn't like something about the game could I voice those complaints out loud?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 29, 2015, 01:51:15 am »

((Is there a waitlist?))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 29, 2015, 01:56:07 am »

((Is there a waitlist?))
((There wasn't a waitlist when I joined up. I think you just have to write in a sheet and you'll get to play next round if you get accepted.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 29, 2015, 01:58:11 am »

((Thanks.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 29, 2015, 11:32:10 am »

((Hey, uh, do you take criticisms for your game? Like, if I didn't like something about the game could I voice those complaints out loud?))
This is my first time being GM to a RTD, so if you have any sugestions, questions or balance issues, post them, and I'll answer.

((Is there a waitlist?))
((There wasn't a waitlist when I joined up. I think you just have to write in a sheet and you'll get to play next round if you get accepted.))

That is correct, post a charsheet and you're in.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 30, 2015, 04:50:08 am »

Turn 70

STAB INTO HIS CHEST AND GIVE MY ARM A SPEED BOOST SO I CAN BASICALLY SMASH THROUGH IT.
"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"
"GHA CURSE YOU! PREPARE TO BURN!"
EVADE! AND REPEAT THE ATTACK

SPD [6] vs [4+1=5]
CMP [5]
POT [6]
STR [5]
END [1]
LUCK [6]

Azenfar knew that he did not have much time before bleeding out. His vision already began swiming a bit, breathing beame a bit harder and having a nap seemed like a much better idea than it did mere minutes ago. No! No sleeping yet. Azenfar charged at blaze, his desperate rush empowered by magic. Blaze scrambled to get away, but combined speed of Azenfars charge and magic was too much. With a deafening blast of air, Azenfars fist impactedd upon Blazes' chest, completely pulverizing entire ribcage. Pyromancer fell, never to rise again. Blood god is unimpresed by the sacrifice. Or was he?
{Azenfar bleedout, 2 turns}

Give the shield to Grundar.
Summoning enchanted items sure is working well. Try summoning a ring of luck.
Then summon 3 healing pills. I haven't summoned any of those in a while.

CMP [3]
POT [3+1+1=5]
LUCK [10]
CMP [1]
POT [3+1+1-1=4]
CMP [3+1+1-2-1=2]
POT [3]
CMP [5+1+1-3-1=3]
POT [1+1+1-3=0]

Luck is somewhat hard to quantify and even identify, making creation of lucky objects difficult. While ornamented solid gold ring deorated with an emerald looked realy nice, it had no measurable enchantment on it. Summoning healing pils went no better. First pill was actualy a cube. Made of lead. Second was plain jello with no notable properties whatsoever and third semed to be some sort of soft stone. Had James lost his touch?

Drag him into lake and drown him. Additionally offer him as a snacks for the dragon.
just blast him with fire

SPD [4] vs [2]
STR [2] vs [2]
CMP [1-1=0]
POT [5+2=7]
END [6]

END [1]

Ishin was up and bareling down on Romanticarnus in no time, wanting to quickly finish this he atempted to grab sorceror with intent on drowning him. It proved a mistake, as Romanticarnus knew enough abaut hand to hand fighting to resist Ishins' rather feeble atempt. Yet there was an oportunity here, and sorceror did not hesitate to take it. As he chanted the spell, he placed his left hand upon Ishins' chest. Just as aspect maages' eyes glisened with understanding, his chest glimered with fire, as both oponents were thrown away by ensuing fireball. Romanticarnus left hand had burned to charcoal almost too fast for him to feel pain, but Ishin was far less lucky. His entire chest and stomach alternated between paches of black and crispy brown, torn in places by vaporized water and fat. Something akin to a meteor fell between Ishin and Romanticarnus.

No essences. Instead, take to the skies. Head northwest, towards the place where Romanticus and Ishin are at. Since I can assume that they would probably be wrestling with each other by the time I arrive, attack them both at once with my force spear and force sword by diving from the sky. If the two are too distant from each other for me to get them both in one attack, then I'd strike Ishin first.
Use 6 +1/+1 essences, 1 +1/+2 essence, 4 +1 CMP essences, and 4 +1 POT essences for my anti-magic zone targetting the Hex that Isshin and Romanticus are on.

CMP [2+6+1+4=13]
POT [5+6+2+4+1=18]

LUCK [4]
END [5+1=6]

Unnatural silence surounded area where Romanticarnus and Ishin dueled, it was still as loud as it ever was, but now it felt like some sound was missing. Aether retreated from the area, preventing any magic to be used. Crimson took to the air, and charged forth, weapon in each hand, ready to strike. Only when he entered the zone of silence did he realize a flaw in this plan. As his spear and blade were reduced to a tiny crystal and a tatoo respetively, and gravity caught hold of him, Crimson thanked the fates he thought to turn himself metalised before. With great speed force mage crashed into the ground as a meteor, raising a small loud of dust.

Dragon was too preocupied with meat to notice any of this.

Deep in thought, Kahel created a few more essences, careful not to do the previous mistake again. Soon, it would be a time to move on...

Three essences.

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [4]
POT [2]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [4+1-2=3]

Kahel, oblivious to battle in the mainland contined pooling his power.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 70 Hand cannon
« Reply #1164 on: March 30, 2015, 05:59:56 am »

(Wait I died?.......YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! The others fight for several turns and it only takes one hit on me(I'm not even counting the cut) to kill me!? And what about my speed roll or dex roll, why is there not one of those)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 30, 2015, 06:02:52 am »

"You dare to interrupt us?! We are already running out of time!"

Crimson, or whoever it was who fell in between us, can have aspect of my Wounds.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 30, 2015, 06:11:52 am »

((Good game. Really really good game.))

Initiate breathing techniques that every martial artist knows from beginner classes to slow my heart rate down while I bandage myself. Thank Armok for my victory.

What kind of loot did I get?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:15:28 am by Andres »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 30, 2015, 06:13:43 am »

Name:Alex Raman
Affinity: Demon summoning
Description(optional): Wears a cat suit up until the head, where he wears a fedora.
STR=0
DEX=0
SPD=0
END=0
POT=12
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 30, 2015, 06:14:29 am »

"I am finally wining this, and someone else turns up to kill me? Truly there is a warp-god of luck, and it fucking hates me."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 30, 2015, 06:20:58 am »

(Wait I died?.......YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! The others fight for several turns and it only takes one hit on me(I'm not even counting the cut) to kill me!? And what about my speed roll or dex roll, why is there not one of those)
((My natural SPD roll of 6 beat your 4+1=5. This natural roll was then further empowered by my perfect magic roll which probably cancelled whatever chance you would've had at launching an attack before I got to you. This is just my guess, though.))

EDIT: ((Maybe you had the 6 on the SPD roll? I don't know - they're both the same colour. Either way my magic roll would've cancelled what small advantage you got from the SPD roll. Again, though, this is just a guess.))
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:23:22 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 506