Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181985 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to magic
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2014, 05:22:57 pm »

Make some rock bottles.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2014, 06:28:20 pm »

Try again!

(Yes, thank you)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2014, 07:15:41 pm »

"Now that was pointless."

Search the fallen trees for anything edible. Also, get a piece of wood from a small branch.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2014, 03:34:51 pm »

Turn 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hmm... This could prove useful, provided I can find some way to carry it.
Transform the floor (-1) into gold(-1).

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [3+1=4]

Kirby decides to make use of his newfound powers, and make the keep bend to his will. However, round mage had not worked with affinity combinations and it shows. Both his hands and legs turn to gold, and fused to the chains that held them.

"Huh..."

Examine dungeon while thinking on the problem of power deficit.

LUCK[6]

Whaz contemplated his recent failures and decided that a walk might be in order. He had yet to explore his surroundings after all. Within few minutes, he had found several prison cells and a torture chamber, with full set of torture tools.

Further into the cave, towards the object. Keep using my aether senses to detect danger.

LUCK[4]
CMP[6]
POT[1+1]

Jase heads further into the cave, his spell manifesting as weak ultravision. But there are no more obstacles in his path. As he reaches the end of the cave, he notices that it is getting progressively brighter. Indeed, as he reaches the very end, he finds that there is a portal here, similar to the one from which they all entered this dimension, although this one is much smaller. As Jase steps on the portal, he notices that his powers are drawn away, weakened.

Move towards the castle, going to the west of the whirlpool.

SPD [(5)/2+1=3.5]

Ryan leaves his hiding place and heads out towards the castle.

"Whatever you did, it worked."

Try to communicate with the treehouse.
Also, summon some healing potion.

Make some rock bottles.

CMP [2]
POT [6]

David tries to force some rocks from surrounding dirt into bottle shapes, pouring great ammounts of power into his spell. Ground trembles around his spell, opening into a rather large pit.

LUCK [3]

James, seeing that David was somewhat less than successful in making containers, decides to try and communicate with the treehouse. It remains silent.

Sit on the edge of the volcano. Again, hurl a fireball at anyone who approaches, using Summon and Ranged.

LUCK [8]

Leo just sits on the edge of volcano, enjoying the heat, looking around for any assailants-to-be. And his vigilant eyes indeed notice something. A strange looking rock formation, slightly too symmetrical to be natural.

Try again!

(Yes, thank you)

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [5]

Issac remakes his growth spell, this time successfuly. Plants all around him grow, age, and decay leaving a large pile of seeds.

"Now that was pointless."

Search the fallen trees for anything edible. Also, get a piece of wood from a small branch.

LUCK [1]
END [3]

Crimson looks around the tree he just fell with a dingle kick, looking for a possible snack in form of fruit or possibly a bird nest. What he finds is a beehive full of rather angry bees. Crimson helplessly flails around trying to swat them away,as several hundret leave their stings in his body.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2014, 03:43:22 pm »

BOTTLE HARDER!!!!!!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2014, 03:47:10 pm »

Transform my arms (-1) back into their non-gold form.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:29:09 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2014, 03:50:37 pm »

((A portal that drains my powers? Definitely no negative effects from going through it. Nope, that definitely wouldn't be a thing.))

Through the portal!

Edit: Power the portal with all 5 of my shards.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:42:52 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2014, 04:24:08 pm »

Transform my arms (-1) back into their non-gold form (-1).

Transformation and gold are your affinities, so you dont get -1 when transforming gold into something or something into gold.

It drains your power becouse it is inactive. It would need an energy source to activate. You could sacrifice some of your power shards (any number you chose), or risk one way trip and/or debufs by using your own powers.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:26:13 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2014, 04:28:50 pm »

Transformation and gold are your affinities, so you dont get -1 when transforming gold into something or something into gold.

It drains your power becouse it is inactive. It would need an energy source to activate. You could sacrifice some of your power shards (any number you chose), or risk one way trip and/or debufs by using your own powers.
Uhh...
What? I don't understand the second part.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2014, 04:31:16 pm »

"Tsk. Interesting, interesting..."

Grab the tool I can use as a decent weapon. Put a spell on it, concealing it's form.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:34:16 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2014, 04:43:51 pm »

((I think it was a fail at quoting me. I am...The Unquotable! Also, edited my action. No way it can go wrong.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2014, 04:46:26 pm »

continue to proceed towards the castle

((Is my heat-displacement thing still active?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2014, 04:52:52 pm »

Search the beach for anything from the shipwrecks. Especially bottles or wood to make a raft.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2014, 04:58:26 pm »

Swipe my hand and amplify the force imparted in the air to generate wind (-1) in order to blow away the bees around me.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2014, 05:14:36 pm »

Curse you Beirus and your dark magics of unquatability. You are in for a ride though. Five shards will get you places. Wether the places will be good depends on the dice, but Fun is guaranteed.

Swipe my hand and amplify the force imparted in the air to generate wind (-1) in order to blow away the bees around me.

See, this is what I would call smart casting. If you were doing this saying "control wind, as wind is created by force" or something, you would had gained a penalty there. But since you are manipulating a force that is already there, no penalty for you. You retain your natural +1 for the cast.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 506