Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180457 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 70 Hand cannon
« Reply #1215 on: March 31, 2015, 11:52:55 am »

No ammo. It involves stuff that is not technicly metal. However, crosbows would work, and throwing an iron bolt would take no malus, unless you decided to improve it in some way.

Pulling out all metal from a body is a 20/20 spell as there are no saves that would allow anyone to survive such instagib worthy damage to all organs.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 31, 2015, 12:10:13 pm »

What do you mean by saying its 20/20?

Are you talking about chances of killing or chances of casting or some other chance?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 31, 2015, 12:29:42 pm »

You need total 20CMP and 20POT for spell to work. The steep price is because if the spell suceeds, the opponent dies, no saves, no healing, no second chances.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 31, 2015, 01:23:34 pm »

Ahhhhh......

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 01, 2015, 11:29:12 am »

funny.

I cast threat to upadte!
Useing threats on the gm, I attempt to Increase the rate of updates for one turn!

(-sarcasm--- What could possibly go wrong right? /sarcasm)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 01, 2015, 12:27:15 pm »

I wonder what

Technicly I could, but I find that it is better to keep a schedule more or less.

Do you mean more updates or just "next update nao"?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 01, 2015, 01:09:50 pm »

More like, today is the day you normally update so could we get it quickly becasue the wait is killing me. Knowing it's so close.....yet so far.....

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: April 01, 2015, 03:08:14 pm »

Turn 71

"You dare to interrupt us?! We are already running out of time!"

Crimson, or whoever it was who fell in between us, can have aspect of my Wounds.
Calmly force much nearby warp energies into Crimson's heart to achieve an effect

then right after that find some cover to hide myself behind

"Sorry for the interruption but its time to brawl!"

Charge and strike Ishin first with a punch.
Send Abomination to attack the other guy. Also, make 2 essences.

SPD [4] vs [6] vs [3-1=2] vs [2]
LUCK [2]
STR [5-1=4]
END [5+1=6]
STR [2]
END [1]
CMP [5+1=6]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [2]
POT [2]

Romanticarnus was first to move and first to be dissapointed and surprised. No matter how hard he tried, the power that almost won him the fight was gone. Not entirely gone, but it was now just out of his reach. Same as cover, since with only one working leg and no usable arms, sorceror was all but unable to move anywhere. A strange creature emerged from behind the stone Romanticarnus had used as cover, as if any more fear needed to be added to a man who was left powerless and immobile. but the figure did emerge and it looked like a nightmare made real, a barely humanoid figure seemingly molded from molten flesh. It was as if somone had reworked lower part of a human into a ball of flesh while melting evrything else until skin began revealing flesh beneath. Worse of all, it did not seem intending to outright kill, it wanted to prolong his suffering, as it shown by begining it's work by breaking off a few crystalised blood fingers.

Ishin was second to find out that his clever plan to heal and kill at the same time was foiled by complete disipation of magical energies. That taunt now sounded rather hollow, especialy when he saw his opponent. A figure emerged from the dustcloud, humanoid in form but seemingly made entirely out of iron. The figure leaped over to aspect mage and punched him in the chest, seeking to crush the ribcage. Miraculously, bones did not break with this first hit, but a new wave of pain rolled over hellples mage.

Jase casualy stood outside antimagic field, amazed by incompetence of evryone inside.

Initiate breathing techniques that every martial artist knows from beginner classes to slow my heart rate down while I bandage myself. Thank Armok for my victory.

What kind of loot did I get?

END [2]

The most common problem with using martial arts techniques is same as with using magic. You first need to know how. It worked out more or less okay, as wound was bleeding less, but it was still bleeding. Azenfar grabed the bow off Blazes' corpse and began wondering where to go next.
{Bleedout, 3 turns}

Summon enchanted adamantine armour of aether defense. Use all non-chaos summoning essences.
Then 2 healing essences.
Make sure my weapon is shifted to crossbow mode.

CMP [4+1+1-3+1+2=6]
POT [5+1+1+2+1=10]
CMP [4+1+1-1=5]
POT [6+1+1-1=7]
CMP [2]
POT [6]

James was woried by return of Jase and Crimson. The two had gained great power while they were gone, as shown by the fact they returned with a dragon. This could get realy ugly realy fast, and so he had to prepeare.  From relative safety of his forest, he conjured an ornate adamantine armor to repell Aether magic. Knowing that even best defence isin't infallible, he prepeared some essenses for healing as well.

"Well, it was an interesting observation. Yet, I lack means to further my knowledge here. Hm... What to do, what to do..."

Kahel turned his gaze back to the newly-formed lands and main island body that laid behind. It was time to return.

Walk back to the lake. Observe surroundings.

SPD [(3+1)/2+1=3]
LUCK [4]

Moving back to the mainland proved unevenful for Kahel, despite dry desert sands he found himself in middle of. Nothing but dunes of yellow sand and strange heat, yet Kahel knew he was not far from his curent goal.

With new death, new chalengers apear.  {As always, collor can be changed if you want}

Alex Raman the demonologist, Master of pits and tamer of hellhounds entered the battlefield. Known broker of dark powers beyond mortal realms, he would call upon all to win this day.

Flare, known far and wide for his power over metals, desired by many for his talent to outfit armies within a day. Today he brings darker and more direct methods, for nothing is too underhanded for a prise as one that awaits.

Summon a demon and let it possess me, first of all. Gotta get dem stat points.

CMP [3]
POT [2+2=4]

It would seem that first demon summoned by Alex was too weak to stay within this realm. No matter, creatures of the dark were plentifull, and waters had to be tested first.

"mmmm.....so then what should I do first. maybe I will take vengeance for blaze? ha. he probably started a fight he could not handle, he may be cautious most of the time but the prospect of more magic power is just to much for him.  hehehe....rest in peace friend."

"it might be better to......well whatever I do I need to be armed""

create a steal short sword

CMP [2-1=1]
POT [3+1=4]

You create a steal shortsword. It steals limbs from oponents.

Flares' first try was a dud, well mostly. That steel cube had some sharp edges, but was in no way shortsword. It would seem that proper weapon would take a few tries, though there was a guy relatively nearby with a realynice steel greatsword.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:10:19 pm by DreamerGhost »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 71 Mocking the (half)dead
« Reply #1225 on: April 01, 2015, 03:14:41 pm »

"How unfortunate. At least there's more slaves to be had." Try again.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 01, 2015, 03:15:29 pm »

shape the cube into a short sword.

HEY YOU WITH THE BIG SWORD! WHATS YOUR NAME?!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 01, 2015, 03:20:48 pm »

(Sword guy is Alexander, marked pink)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 01, 2015, 03:25:23 pm »

Time to run. Away from the iron man. Once I can feel magic again and if the iron man is still near me then steal Density from his armor and apply it into my arms. (( HEY HEY! HIDDEN ACTION HERE!! ))
((Anti-magic? Is the damned vortex here?))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 01, 2015, 04:23:03 pm »

(Sword guy is Alexander, marked pink)
((Do warp portals still work? as in, subcoming to what a psyker would eventually become without being astronoiconed'?))
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 506