Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1181285 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 73 Equal divine hate
« Reply #1335 on: April 12, 2015, 12:39:22 pm »

I am tempted to be a character with an armageddon affinity, sit in a corner making essences (auto-ed so that everyone forgets about me), then unleash a 20/20 game-map destroying event, but this game is too good for me to want to destroy.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 12, 2015, 01:16:40 pm »

I am tempted to be a character with an armageddon affinity, sit in a corner making essences (auto-ed so that everyone forgets about me), then unleash a 20/20 game-map destroying event, but this game is too good for me to want to destroy.
((Heheh... Affinity of 'the end' would be a great one. Still, trying to call armageddon is very difficult. Actually, it's much easier to cause it accidentally.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 12, 2015, 01:42:30 pm »

I had an idea of somone picking mountains as an afinity and basicly being unable to cast anything with safe range smaller than half a mile, but armagedon also works.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 12, 2015, 02:17:01 pm »

you could go with power of the void.

some fiction has power of the void as power of creations becasue creation comes from nothingness....

you could unmake the world but i would rather go with void blades and blast an-ok ihave convinced myself, if i die agian my next affinity is void.....

Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 12, 2015, 03:58:47 pm »

Turn 74

SPD [1+1=2] vs [2] vs [6-1=5] vs [3+1=4]

CMP [3+1+2+6+1-2=11]
POT [4+1+2+3+1+4=15]
LUCK [7]

END [3+1=4]
LUCK [6]
CMP [1->4+2+3+1+1+1-1=11]
POT [3+1+4+1+3+1=13]
LUCK [7]

END [6]

Crimson decided that enough was enough. If some bastard above was so determined to foil clean and simple kill, they would get something larger to deal with. Using power collected during the trip through the portal he unleashed one of more destructive spells that were still intended for single targets. Powers of gravity shifted and distorted, forming a tight ball around Ishin. Sprites of thought lingering within essensess added a bit extra of their own, decorating incide of said ball with menacing spikes. As soon as his creation was solid enough to hold Crimson gave the command and jail of solid force contracted, crushing his annoying adversary into a ball of gore.

Kahel braced himself. The strange looking mage had just finished dealing with his adversary, and would certainly come for him next. Or eventualy. But even no reason is reason enough in such battle, and so, just as Jase turned around to uselessly shout something at the dragon, thermomancecr began his spell. After Jase turne back looking dissapointed at apathy of dragon, it was too late. Even though Crimsons morphed biology resisted the attack relatively unharmed, his metal body became brittle and unwieldy. It surely wouldn't take much effort to damage or destroy him outright.
{Jase: Silenced, 1 Turn. Crimson: Slowed,5 turns (-1 to all speed rolls), Brittle,3 Turns (Failing END rolls will result in cripling damage).}

Fly to the flesh island in the middle of the blood lake. Loot!
Make 3 more healing essences.

While I'm away, ask Grundar to clean up the gory mess left behind by Etszu.

SPD [(2)/2+1=2]

After instructing Grundar to deal with the reamaining mess, James took to the air, casualy flying towards the island of flesh, created by his own effort. Not rushing proved to be an error, as mass of flesh exploded again, throwing gore evrywhere.

"Hmm. This seems like a rather dangerous place to be, what with the mage density bein' so high an' all. Even if nobody's tryin' to kill yah, a fumbled spell most certainly will, if ya not lucky, of course."
The Gambler heads northwest, trying to find a nice peaceful, flat spot on the plains, hopefully on top of a small hill. He makes 2 essences as he walks.

SPD [(6-1=5)/2+1=3.5]
LUCK [5]
CMP [2+1=3]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [6]
POT [3]

Gambler, not wanting to have anything to do with brewing conflict, left for some camping in the plains. Sadly, plains were aptly called and were flat as a mirror, yet covered with lush grass, making for a pleasant walk.

Go towards the lake

SPD [(6)/2+1=4]
{You are in a quantum state of movement. You will stabilize near one of the lakes after you tell me which one you ment}

There were quite a few people around Romanticarnus, yet his experienced eye immedietly detected that they were poor information sources. They likely were here for same reason as he - they simply were placed here upon entering. No, if he wanted to find that titan, he needed to go eswhere. That lake might be a nice start.

SPD [2] vs [5-1=4] vs [2]
Target D2 [2]
STR [6]

DEX [6]
CMP [4+1+1+1=7]
POT [3+1+1=5]
LUCK [9]

STR [6]
DEX [2-1=1]
END [1]

END [5]

Raman was angry to no end over his bad luck. Usualy, he would have some minion to blame by now, yet shouting at his own leg seemed rather senseles. Thankfuly, two witless mages stood within range of his fists, with faces that had certain punchable quality.

No managed to notice a fist flying towards him moment before it was too late. Quick roll managed to move him out of harms way, but demonologist put too much force in his move, tumbling and falling down on No, pinning them both to the ground. A fact that Flare was quick to exploit with an overhead strike.

While being pined down did not give No any chance to dodge, same could not be said abaut counteratack. Wither struck both of Flares' legs as his sword flew through the air, felling feromage and adding even more mess to the pile of now three battling mages.  Yet it was too late to change arc of falling sword by much, and it bit deep into Nos' right shoulder. While Flare managed to stay coherent after having his legs weakened, No was rather everwhelmed by pain, screaming in pain and shouting curses.
{No gets END rol next turn. Upon failure, turn is skiped}

LUCK [10]

All (most) mages turned their heads towards bloody lake, their atention caught by sensation of great power. Dragon that was feasting upon remains of giant worm reeled its head upwards, tearing an object as large as a mans torso out of gore. As soon as the object left worms carcass, worm remains exploded, covering lake in gore entirely. It was a gigantic soul shard, radiating with power, yet it was only visible for a moment before dragon swalowed it whole. Almost immedietly, remains of a corpse around the dragon froze solid as spaces between its scales began glowing faint pink.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 74 Crystal Dragon Jesus?
« Reply #1340 on: April 12, 2015, 05:31:46 pm »

What about those 3 essences I said to summon?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 10:50:24 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 12, 2015, 05:33:05 pm »

"Argghh! What in blazes just-"

No's anger flowed, and he used all 5 of his shards, 3 for potency, 2 for competency. He then proceeded to blast the sword mage atop him with a spell that- PM sent.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:37:25 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 12, 2015, 05:35:34 pm »

GO TO WHERE NAV IS

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 12, 2015, 06:57:46 pm »

Shape my sword into various spikes that snakes thrugh no.

Basicly send pointy lines all throughout his body
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 12, 2015, 08:04:27 pm »

"Wha' was that? Ah dear, that's goin' to en' badly."
The Gambler sits and meditates, making 3 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 12, 2015, 10:14:59 pm »

I apologize, but I needed to punch something. You just happened to be near. Sleep.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 13, 2015, 06:50:46 am »

"So, that's the dragon you were talking about... Impressive, impressive. Still, I have more urgent things on my mind now..."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 13, 2015, 06:55:31 am »

"This is way too darn cold."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 13, 2015, 03:42:00 pm »

"Your body mustn't be able to feel this, no? Or you're talking about my greeting in general?"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 13, 2015, 05:32:21 pm »

I haven't noticed that it was missing because nothing happened there. It turns out nothing happened there because i didin't notice it was missing.

Mind if I sig this? Catch 22.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 506