Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180825 times)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 74 Crystal Dragon Jesus?
« Reply #1350 on: April 13, 2015, 07:50:23 pm »

"Both."

Retaliate!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 13, 2015, 09:32:21 pm »

"It's a shame you probably wont be amenable to joining up with my friend and I, but I'll let you two settle it. I think I'm just going to step over here and watch for the moment, incase that dragon decides we look like snacks."

Don't want to be in the splash zone.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:25:18 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 13, 2015, 10:24:05 pm »

James says to the Dragon:
"Congratulations on reaching godhood. What are your intentions?"

Then James shouts to everyone with his microphone:
"I know you're busy killing each other, but it would be in all our best interests to band together right now. We are stronger together. Join me in the forest by the lake if you're willing to ally."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 13, 2015, 11:23:57 pm »

"Well, time to conduct some experiments..."

Heat up one small area of Crimson's body - elbow of the right hand, for example. See what happens and dodge consequences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 73 Equal divine hate
« Reply #1354 on: April 13, 2015, 11:43:38 pm »

I haven't noticed that it was missing because nothing happened there. It turns out nothing happened there because i didin't notice it was missing.

Mind if I sig this? Catch 22.

Go ahead.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 14, 2015, 04:18:08 am »

"Excuse me, Dragon? I hope you enjoyed your meal. If you happen to want any high priests or prophets, I'd like to ask you to remember the two mages that brought you here." Jase shouts to the dragon.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 14, 2015, 05:21:09 am »

"What is this dragon, what is it doing, what did it just do, who is involved, and should I be worried about it?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 14, 2015, 02:59:47 pm »

If its intentions are not desirable, you should conjure a helm of opposite alignment (scaled for a dragon).

I wonder how many shards the dragon would drop when it is killed?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 14, 2015, 03:04:27 pm »

If its intentions are not desirable, you should conjure a helm of opposite alignment (scaled for a dragon).

I wonder how many shards the dragon would drop when it is killed?

a mind control thing might be better.... opsite alignment might turn evil into knight templar.

we no want knight templar godlike dragon.

as for shards? alot....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 14, 2015, 03:17:51 pm »

Dragons in my opinion are neutral. They simply think that all creatures that are not immune to aging are ultimately inconsequential and delicious.

Thought they think the same abaut quite a few of ageless races too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:24:02 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 15, 2015, 12:02:46 pm »

Land in the forest, pick a few seeds from the tree.
Let it know that if it dies, I will plant its seeds and let them grow as completely natural trees.
Also craft 3 summoning essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 15, 2015, 03:00:57 pm »

Turn 75

Then James shouts to everyone with his microphone:
"I know you're busy killing each other, but it would be in all our best interests to band together right now. We are stronger together. Join me in the forest by the lake if you're willing to ally."
Land in the forest, pick a few seeds from the tree.
Let it know that if it dies, I will plant its seeds and let them grow as completely natural trees.
Also craft 3 summoning essences.

{You crafted no essenses as you were distracted by what was happening in the lake. It was a bet you unknowingly made by listing essense making after movement. If you rolled higher, you would had snatched the shard from Dragon, something I wouldn't had given you the chance to if you posted essenses first.}

SPD [(4)/2+1=3]
LUCK [5]
CMP [3+1+1=5]
POT [1+1+1=3]
CMP [5+1+1-1=6]
POT [6+1+1-1=7]
CMP [5]
POT [1]

The dragon was a threat, one that was hard to get rid of. James knew that dragons were not passive beings, rather viewing all life as beneath them. Even a normal dragon would be a difficult opponent, but this was entirely new. It seemed to react favorably to the greeting, spreading its wings and striking a pose, yet in time it would surely bring destruction. And so James went back to the tree, which ignored him entirely, probably rightfully assuming that this new threat was also something caused by mages.

"Argghh! What in blazes just-"

No's anger flowed, and he used all 5 of his shards, 3 for potency, 2 for competency. He then proceeded to blast the sword mage atop him with a spell that- PM sent.
The spell I am using my shards for: causing the sword mage to see everybody as me.
Shape my sword into various spikes that snakes thrugh no.

Basicly send pointy lines all throughout his body

I apologize, but I needed to punch something. You just happened to be near. Sleep.

SPD [2] vs [3] vs [6-1=5]
END [6]
LUCK [8]

CMP [2]
POT [5]

CMP [6+1+1-1=7]
POT [5+1+3=8]

Alex, noting that he was already lying down and that everyone else were occupied at the moment decided to take a nap. Demon summoning was not going too well, punching people was not going too well, maybe a bit of rest would improve his chances. He fell asleep immediately, completely ignoring sounds of two mages trying to kill each other literally within his arms reach. Dreams soon followed. Or were they truly dreams? A strange figure emerged from swirling darkness, a man dressed in white pajamas, holding a vase with a tulip in his right hand and a string of a hanging helium balloon in his left. "How brave to sleep in a battlefield. Or is it lazy? Hmm? Maybe it is foolish. Possibly through luck you managed to place yourself in a favorable position here. But I do not believe in luck. You may have talent, would you like to test for it?"

Meanwhile, two other mages continued fighting for advantage. Flare hefted shortsword upwards, willing metal to strike out in dozens of blades, but alas. Due to rather loud snoring of Alex it was hard to focus, the chant was slightly off and the blades never detached from the sword. Spikes extended away in great numbers, overtaking any space in between each other, transforming once sword into a mace. Even worse, it seemed that whatever spell No was concocting succeeded, as where No was before, now there were two, both lying on the ground and one snoring obnoxiously.
{Alex, Cursed 4 turns}

GO TO WHERE NAV IS

Romanticarnus looked around the rare forest of plum trees, strange spiked dirt and root house standing in the middle. A mage wearing armor of adamantine was there, seemingly waiting for something or someone. Now that seemed like someone who would know a thing or two about his task, or at the very least, where one could get proper armor.

"Wha' was that? Ah dear, that's goin' to en' badly."
The Gambler sits and meditates, making 3 essences.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [1]
POT [2]
CMP [5+1-2=4]
POT [6+1-2=5]

To play a game of risk one needs to have something to bet. In a game such as this, when his own life is among the stakes, gambler felt the need to get a few tricks up his sleeve before venturing out.

"Both."

Retaliate!
"It's a shame you probably wont be amenable to joining up with my friend and I, but I'll let you two settle it. I think I'm just going to step over here and watch for the moment, incase that dragon decides we look like snacks."

Don't want to be in the splash zone.
"Well, time to conduct some experiments..."

Heat up one small area of Crimson's body - elbow of the right hand, for example. See what happens and dodge consequences.

SPD [1-1-1=-1] vs [4] vs [5]
CMP [1->6]
POT [5+1+1=7]

LUCK [1]
CMP [6-1=5]
POT [2+1=3]
DEX [2]
END [3]

Kahel was quick to make use of curse he inflicted on Crimson, heating up a thin layer of right hands' elbow, creating an imbalance of heat, causing expanding metal to tear entire right arm below the elbow off. Loss of a limb did not faze most metal mage of them all, Crimson let a bolt of power lose from his spear, striking Kahel in his chest, though Temperature mage was no worse off for it. The bolt itself exhibited a curious quality - it did not stop attempting to move forward, forcing Kahel to throw the bolt to the side, where it flew off into the distance.

Dragon laughed at Jases' offer, it was a deep and rumbling laugh, joyous, yet menacing with unhidden threat. "I am first and foremost a Dragon. A being with no burdens nor flaws. What uses have I for prophets or worshipers? But you have pleased me, I shall devour you last." Jase decided to move away, and not test the patience  of this destructive overlord-to-be.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 75 Brawls and shootouts
« Reply #1362 on: April 15, 2015, 03:38:49 pm »

"Odd. How odd."

PM action, do so.

Edit: It seems odd that flare still has his short sword... perhaps you forgot about that in the charsheet?

Edit 2: Also, give Flare a Glare that disrupts his aim.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:11:30 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 15, 2015, 05:42:22 pm »

((I did not want to lift it, it was already in him, but i guess you know that and i would have failed)!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 15, 2015, 06:16:40 pm »

The Gambler waited, amassing luck and watching his surroundings.
Make 3 more essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 506