Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177047 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 75 Brawls and shootouts
« Reply #1395 on: April 18, 2015, 03:58:27 pm »

it happens almost every time....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 18, 2015, 03:59:18 pm »

it happens almost every time....
((Lies.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 18, 2015, 04:05:16 pm »

As in, Mind control? Because no way I'm givin you pure Control, being able to change reality around you at will with only -1 is bit OP.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 19, 2015, 12:16:50 am »

If I had the Air affinity, would I be able to accelerate air at +2 or +1?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 19, 2015, 11:16:19 am »

+1, they don't stack like that.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 19, 2015, 04:36:30 pm »

If there was a -1 modifier somewhere in there for some reason, would it be a +0 or a +1?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 19, 2015, 04:42:55 pm »

Update has been delayed. Expect it in ~12 hours.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 20, 2015, 05:40:47 am »

Turn 76

"Odd. How odd."

PM action, do so.

Edit 2: Also, give Flare a Glare that disrupts his aim.
Wake up.
considering nethier him nor the sleeping guy has moved, i should be able to hit the right one.....

try agian.

SPD [5] vs [2-1=1] vs [6]
STR [6]
DEX [3]
END [3]
CMP [1]
POT [6+1]
END [2-1=1]

Flare was not amused by his weapons' transformation, yet nevertheless did not delay putting it to use. No was still on the ground, making it difficult for him to dodge, so feromancer made use of this chance, striking as hard as he could. With a sickening crunch, mace landed on Nos' left knee, crushing bone beneath, crippling any chance of his opponents escape. Yet it would seem that the spell which resulted in the mace made the structure somewhat brittle and porous, as upon impact head of the mace broke apart into small metal shards. It was somewhat too late for No to dodge this strike of Flare, but he may still be able to dodge the next. Sadly, as he looked at feromancer, sun shone upon them, momentarily blinding No. Usually this would be a trifle, yet magical energy collected in the eyes for a spell extended this blindness to a far greater length.
{Blind, 1turn}

Alex knew well that there were curious demonologists and old demonologists. As he desired to become the latter, Alex did not even bother speaking to clearly absurdly insane spirit, concentrating on waking up instead. The effort was made easier as someone rolled over him and fell to his right. As demonologist opened his eyes, he saw that it was No, rather more injured and seemingly also trying to go to sleep, yet failing from pain that came with having been kneecapped.

The Gambler waited, amassing luck and watching his surroundings.
Make 3 more essences.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [5]
POT [3]
CMP [4+1-2=3]
POT [3+1-2=2]

Gambler continued meditating in the fields of grass. There was no need to hurry. Any gambler worth his dice knew this, and he was best of them all. Come at the table late, when the bets are largest and collect them all with a single hand. That was the way it worked.

"Alright... Then let's stop the duel for now and deal with the current situation."

Calm myself then create two essences. Also, move back to the same square hex where Beirus and Kahel are in.
Carefully warm up my leg to escape worst frostbite effects. If successful - craft two essences. If not - try again.

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [1]
POT [3]

CMP [2]
POT [5+1=6]
END [2]

Crimson and Kahel decided that at least a temporary cease fire was in order, as they now had a rather large problem to deal with. Large, scaly, cold and winged problem. Crimson calmly walked over to where other two mages stood, muttering chants to seal more power. Kahel, meanwhile, attempted to heat some of his frostbitten leg. A momentary waver in concentration from felling nerves becoming capable of transmitting pain signals again was enough. All frost evaporated immediately as flesh on Kahels' left leg began to boil. He managed to stop the spell while he still had the leg, but experience proved far too painful to continue.

Keep watch on the dragon. If it tries to attack me or anyone near me (in the same hex) use all summoning essences to summon a stasis field around it.
Otherwise make 4 more summoning essences.

CMP [6+1+1=8]
POT [1+1+1=3]
CMP [6+1+1-1=7]
POT [3+1+1-1=4]
CMP [4]
POT [1]
CMP [2+1+1-3=1]
POT [6+1+1-3=5]

James continued focusing on building up his powers for upcoming battle. The strange man who had screamed at him for destroying the mech was back again, yet he seemed surprisingly calm. How strange.

Marcus entered the arena, led here by a prophecy of an oracle. He did not look extraordinary in any way as so many other mages tended to, yet that suited him just fine. Ruling from the shadows was his greatest strength and favorite hobby. Many nobles and peasants alike had danced in game of life for his amusement, now it was time for a few colleagues to show their moves.

D13 for dargon target:8 {No, user of The Evil Eye}

DEX [4]
DEX [6]
DEX [5]

Dragon took to the air, it's senses pointing it to one particular mage. There was one with cursed cursing eyes, a snack to begin the feast. What's this? There were two more mages with this particular snack. No matter, that just means it's more expendable. Dragon landed on dry earth, grass withering and freezing all around it, as white fire emerged from dragon's maw, coliding with earth where jsut a moment ago there were a trio of mages. Even No had the mind to roll away when something huge impacted the ground so close.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 76 Winter is comming
« Reply #1403 on: April 20, 2015, 06:13:30 am »

ahhhhh....a dragon, such a majestic creature. so then dragon.....want to team up? im sure you would find im quite helpfull.

oh give me a moment.

bash no's head in.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 20, 2015, 07:54:39 am »

As in, Mind control? Because no way I'm givin you pure Control, being able to change reality around you at will with only -1 is bit OP.
Yes that will be fine.

Create two essences. Ensure that I am not near the dragon yet.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 20, 2015, 08:01:22 am »

As in, run away? Since you are close enough to the dragon to touch it.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 20, 2015, 08:47:19 am »

Since you are close enough to the dragon to touch it.
:o

RUN AWAY!

Edit: New Action: Calmly and confidently walk to NAV's hex.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:49:54 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 20, 2015, 04:42:56 pm »

"AGGGGHHH!!!"

Dodge like crazy! Dodge everything! If necessary kick Flare. In the withered legs.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 20, 2015, 07:42:21 pm »

"Might have to kill another god."

If the dragon attack me or anyone in the same hex, summon solid(-1) heat(-1) around it using my +2/+2 chaos essence.
Otherwise craft 4 more summoning essences.

By the way, what rolls are required to get a +3 essence? +4?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 21, 2015, 06:46:40 am »

"Need more essences."

Two more essences but in case the dragon also decides to attack one of us in our current hex, then focus instead in generating heat around the dragon (-1 ranged) through friction using my powers.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 506