Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177123 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 76 Winter is comming
« Reply #1410 on: April 21, 2015, 07:36:48 am »

"Argh. Seriously, after we're finished, I'm seeking healer. Magic miscasts... Ugh... Get very annoying..."

Endure. Craft three essences. If dragon attacks - support Crimson in creating heat aura.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 21, 2015, 08:39:10 am »

"Might have to kill another god."

If the dragon attack me or anyone in the same hex, summon solid(-1) heat(-1) around it using my +2/+2 chaos essence.
Otherwise craft 4 more summoning essences.

By the way, what rolls are required to get a +3 essence? +4?

I'm thinking about another nerf to summoning. Say, allowing it to summon things that exist and things that don't, but not anything that shouldn't exist, or can't exist.

You need to get a total of 10/13 POT or CMP for a  +3/+4 respectively.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 21, 2015, 01:06:59 pm »

HIDE MYSELF

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 21, 2015, 01:36:58 pm »

Jase remains silent, focused on hoarding his power.

Two more aether essences.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 21, 2015, 02:39:09 pm »

If the dragon attack me or anyone in the same hex, summon solid(-1) heat(-1) around it using my +2/+2 chaos essence.

I'm thinking about another nerf to summoning.
If we're voting on that, I vote no to the nerf will accept a bribe of one shard from NAV to vote no for the nerf.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:41:54 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 21, 2015, 03:46:09 pm »

Three more essences, please.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 73 Equal divine hate
« Reply #1416 on: April 22, 2015, 10:45:52 am »

Ah. Thank you. Your death will be humane as a result.

((Oh I should have responded to this sooner

My death? No, it shall be yours.))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 22, 2015, 12:18:10 pm »

((As the only other player who actually has the summoning affinity, I'm okay with the nerf. It doesn't seem like it will lose the ability to summon enchanted items, it'll just prevent stupid shenanigans like summoning solid death and stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 22, 2015, 01:36:02 pm »

((I'm fine with the nerf. Summoning is overpowered.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 22, 2015, 03:11:30 pm »

Can you summon things from the elemental planes (solid fire from the plane of fire, death from the plane of negative energy, etc.)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 22, 2015, 04:21:32 pm »

((I'm fine with the nerf. Summoning is overpowered.))
((As the only other player who actually has the summoning affinity, I'm okay with the nerf. It doesn't seem like it will lose the ability to summon enchanted items, it'll just prevent stupid shenanigans like summoning solid death and stuff.

And so, summoning was nerfed. You can now only summon things that exist and established phlebotinum. Some further restrictions on phlebotinum may apply.

Can you summon things from the elemental planes (solid fire from the plane of fire, death from the plane of negative energy, etc.)?

No, you will have to summon thermite and weapons grade plutonium like normal people. Or, if you want to combine the two, antimatter. But no solid murder.

Update is in progress.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 22, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »

((By the way I have a whole plan as to what to do if No dies.

Sadly I'll have to keep that from you. None, Null, Yes, Yveru.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 22, 2015, 05:36:02 pm »

Turn 77

ahhhhh....a dragon, such a majestic creature. so then dragon.....want to team up? im sure you would find im quite helpfull.

oh give me a moment.

bash no's head in.

"AGGGGHHH!!!"

Dodge like crazy! Dodge everything! If necessary kick Flare. In the withered legs.

SPD [3] vs [4]
DEX [6] vs [5-1=4]
STR [6]
DEX [5-1=4]

No was unable to see through his eyes, but it did not mean that he was entirely without senses. He could still sense magical power, same method that helped all others to always keep track of where their opponents were, now helped No to tackle Flare. The two fell on the ground in a pile again, and though feromancer managed to throw No off him before Dragon incinerated them both, No was smirking, as he pocketed three of Flares' shards. Flare charged like a mad bull, roaring with anger, an attack No managed to roll out of the way from, if barely.  Feromancer, not faced with resistance he expected, collapsed on the ground right next to user of The Evil Eye.

Edit: New Action: Calmly and confidently walk to NAV's hex.

Marcus was faced with something entirely outside his sphere. One would assume that any fair competition would had prevented one from being killed immediately upon entering, chessmaster found himself standing close enough to a rather menacing looking dragon, which was seemingly trying to kill a trio of others, to admire shine of its scales. This was entirely unsuitably dangerous. Unsuitably cold too. Oh, who's there? A mage in a forest, seemingly rather calm. He wouldn't be so calm if he was in danger? And if he were murderous, he wouldn't be just waiting there? It was worth a try. Anything that included going away from this beast was worth a try.

CMP [6+1+1=8]
POT [4+1+1=6]
CMP [4+1+1-1=5]
POT [3+1+1-1=4]
CMP [1]
POT [4]
CMP [3+1+1-3=2]
POT [4+1+1-3=3]

James was considering his options. Another giant beast was in the lands, yet he had not obtained another mech with power to level cities. Then again, something smaller but nimbler may prove useful as Dragon would most likely chose to fight in air. Summoning another creature so that the two would battle was on one hand both interesting and potentially profitable, but it left the chance that one of two creatures would survive relatively unharmed. Decisions, decisions.

"Need more essences."

Two more essences but in case the dragon also decides to attack one of us in our current hex, then focus instead in generating heat around the dragon (-1 ranged) through friction using my powers.
"Argh. Seriously, after we're finished, I'm seeking healer. Magic miscasts... Ugh... Get very annoying..."

Endure. Craft three essences. If dragon attacks - support Crimson in creating heat aura.
Jase remains silent, focused on hoarding his power.

Two more aether essences.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [1]
POT [2]

{How}

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [3]
POT [6]
CMP [2+1-2=1]
POT [2+1-2=1]

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [1]
POT [5]

Jase, Crimson and Kahel continued observing the dragon, as it dealt with nearby bunch of mages. Even faced with greater threat, they still continued to fight among themselves. So strange. Even though Crimson lost an arm and Kahel a friend, they knew how to work entirely for themselves, ignoring both losses and gains of everyone else. After all, if one wanted to enjoy their wealth, they usually needed a body to do so. The priest haunting Hrunzwic chapel wine cellars was only one known exception to the rule, and trio did not like the chances one bit. Plans were being formed, spell bindings drawn, power collected and stored. Thank spirits above or disposable distractions.

HIDE MYSELF

LUCK [10]

A dragon, strangely white and only barely bloody landed no more than thirty meters away and attempted to fry few mages gathered there. This was both a bad time and a bad place to search for lost anything, let alone something that may atomize you on sight. Romanticarnus felt that he needed to hide, and in a rare moment of clarity among insanity, he understood exactly what to do. Hiding physically was useless, either dragon had some advanced senses for sensing mages or he was hidden well enough anyways. What he needed to do was to hide his power for the time being. How lucky for Romanticarnus, that he had found some ancient lore just on that quite recently. Short litany rendered sorceror invisible for those searching for either magic or warp.
{Invisible to dragon and (if you want to) invisible on map until next spellcast}

Three more essences, please.

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [4]
POT [4]
CMP [1-1=0]
LUCK [1]

Gambler focused his powers once, twice, but third time something felt instinctively off. It was the same bad feeling that comes just before roulette wheel stops on zero, exactly like looking in a smug crack within your opponents otherwise emotionless visage as they show you a royal flush. Mage felt something sharp within his left pocket, where he kept his mirrors for times when he needed to see what happened behind him, and indeed, one had shattered in exactly seven parts. As being capable of manipulating luck, Gambler would be able to dodge seven years of misfortune, but it would be a drawback that may prove fatal this day.
{-1 to next seven rolls}

DEX [4]
DEX [2]
 END [6]

Noticing that his breath failed to hit both the main target and those around, dragon opted for a swifter attack, striking at No with his claws. Yet that pesky cursed mage with cursing eyes managed to dodge again! The strike did hit another, the mace using mage who wanted to kill his prey, throwing him far away from the battle. Good, now he'll know not to interfere when dragons hunt.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 75 Brawls and shootouts
« Reply #1423 on: April 22, 2015, 05:37:44 pm »

If I had Air and Acceleration affinity, I'd have a total of +1 when accelerating air (though Air isn't really needed). If I was accelerating air from ~50 metres away, would the modifier be a +0 or a +1?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 77 Cold war
« Reply #1424 on: April 22, 2015, 05:41:23 pm »

"HAY DRAGON! Did you not hear me!? I even planed to give you him after I smashed his head!"

If I have any wounds, bandage them with a piece of cloth from what I am wearing.

If not create 3 metal essences
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 506