Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180212 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 77 Fails parade
« Reply #1485 on: April 29, 2015, 04:55:20 pm »

Turn 78

SPD [4] vs [4] vs [5] vs [3] vs [5] vs [6-1=5]

Prepare a good force-field spell, since I had discovered it on my many experiments into warp phenomena and the abilities of psykers. 

CMP [5]
POT [4+1=5]

Romanticarnus thanked his lucky stars for the metal fool that distracted the dragon. It was enough time to prepare for proper combat despite the failed preemptive strike. Air flickered as a thick shell of warp surrounded the sorceror. Immediately, the shield proved its usefulness as a curse coming from No burned down in warpfire.

"Well, um... Sorry."

Run to Jase's hex.

DEX [5]

"Come here you, and explain what you are doing, winged metal mage."
Dragon attempted to grab Crimson, yet as dragon moved its claws slowly with intent to capture instead of kill, Crimson managed to evade them with ease. It would have been an incredibly awkward conversation, and force mage wanted no part in it. A chance to have his head torn off for disloyalty also put some extra spring in his step, before world suddenly jumped and he caught himself looking at some strangely familiar moving metal sculpture, with right arm missing for some reason. Strange, he didn’t think that metal could itch.

"Hi Jase, long time no see. What's your plan?
Looks like some of your group needs healing, I'll get working on that."

Heal Kahel completely. He's looking rather battered.
Then 2 summoning essences.

CMP [3+1+1=5]
POT [1+1+1=3]
CMP [2+1+1-1=3]
POT [2+1+1-1=3]
CMP [6]
POT [2]

James took to doing what he wanted to do since when he took up healing magic courses: actually healing people. Even with dragon popping up, things were looking up. First it was the guy with torn open stomach, now this thermomancer. Maybe he could actually once more return to healing the wounded. It was a nice prospect. Then the word shifted and both his right shoulder and left knee flared up with pain. Turning his head to look around in an attempt to figure out what happened James turned his head to look around, only to be further horrified by Dragon standing not five meters away from him.

May I join the operation? I could probably take care of No.

Make two essences.

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [2+2=4]
CMP [4]
POT [3+2-1=4]

Marcus felt something incredibly familiar. One moment he was trying to con healer into making him a superweapon, and the other he was looking at a mirror reflection of himself. A gash on right arm appeared seemingly out of nowhere when he wasn't looking, and that dull pain on the left foot did not feel very promising either. Something still clouded his mind, and further inspection of his own mental state revealed that it was a large amount of aether and summoning energy clouding his brain. Except that this brain wasn't his. Marcus remembered what this felt like. It was not a reflection standing there. It was him. Body trade was something he had experience with, but it was entirely another thing to be on the receiving end.

Stuff

The plan was becoming more and more clear, with this (possibly temporary) alliance established, they had a decent chance to deal with the dragon in one way or another. Ideally, this would result in himself becoming the #1 military power among those gathered here, and even if dragon did die, he would likely be capable of gaining majority of profit from it. It was just a matter of waiting and preparing now, if the dragon toyed with others for some half hour more, dominance was assured. Jase exhaled as he always did before beginning to meditate, suddenly beginning to cough as shards of bone pressed against muscle in his chest.

"Hm... they're plotting something... I'll have to change my plan..."
Sending Private Message!

CMP [6+1+2=9]
POT [6+1+1+1+1=10]
LUCK [7]

No suddenly felt cold. Although was this really how cold felt? It was better described as a lack of warmth rather than feeling chill. He opened his eyes and noticed several mages standing around him. One was coughing and another seemed amazed by his skin.  All were looking confused. As he looked down, No noticed that his right arm was missing, yet he did not feel pain. Being made of iron probably why it was so painless. Wait what? This was not part of the plan at all!

Spoiler: What happened? (click to show/hide)

make three essences

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [1]
POT [5]
CMP [2+1-2=1]
POT [4+1-2=3]

There seemed to be some sort of confusion among treehouse mage company. Such things happen when dragons hunt your colleagues within spitting distance of yourself. Being further away Flare had no idea what he had dodged, and spent his time focusing power by focusing on plans of revenge.

Gambler continued his chants, yet as usual, it seemed that bad luck brought worse luck.

CMP [1]
POT [2]

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:13:14 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 29, 2015, 04:56:57 pm »

((Please don't tell me someone got that armor.))

Edit: ((I overdid it. Two sixes? Really? Well it worked... thing is, it wears off in two turns. After that, say, if somebody's body is gone, someone's mind dies. So basically any combat against the person who has your body becomes a very very bad idea. I need to analyze the situation. Oh crud, the dragon doesn't no what happened. Which means... Jason... in my body... oh crud. I need to analyze the situation. But hey, it worked! Clarification: you can't use the essences of the person you swapped into, but is the affinity part of the body or mind? As in, can I use force magic? That is Crimson's affinity, right?))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:08:34 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 78 Theft of the century
« Reply #1487 on: April 29, 2015, 06:02:16 pm »

((Wait... What the heck! This is gonna be confusing.))

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 29, 2015, 06:09:13 pm »

((where is my action?

and why did this happen?))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 29, 2015, 06:10:14 pm »

((I said I had an idea for an AoE that would ruin all of you. It's your fault for underestimating me and not attacking as a result. I think he forgot blaze's action... but at least he doesn't get mind switched.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 29, 2015, 06:11:50 pm »

((what da? what were you even trying to do!?))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 29, 2015, 06:12:49 pm »

((where is my action?))
((I am also interested in that. Can't seem to find it.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 29, 2015, 06:12:55 pm »

((switch all the enemies' minds around... I didn't think it would include me. Score 100 for the Evil Eye!))
Generic Arms Race.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 29, 2015, 06:16:24 pm »

((I didn't think it would include me.))

((Welcome to the land of rolling sixes))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 29, 2015, 06:17:32 pm »

((I have a question: Are affinities part of the body or mind? As in, is the affinity I can use force while in Crimson's body, or do I still have the Evil Eye?
Oh, and Crimson: I have 9 shards now. I feel quite ready to spend them. ))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:21:58 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 29, 2015, 06:28:46 pm »

((My action was excluded because of insufficient speed, I suppose?

Interesting results, by the way...))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 29, 2015, 06:31:09 pm »

((where is my action?))

wasn't it back at......

oh.....it seems I forgot to take one....

whats the procedure for this?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: April 29, 2015, 06:35:52 pm »

((First and foremost question, opinions needed.

What will happen if original body dies? As your spirit have nowhere to return to, it must fight for the body with it's original owner? Or does it simply leaves?

I'd rather not take risks, but first variant seems more likely.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 29, 2015, 06:40:18 pm »

((where is my action?))

wasn't it back at......

oh.....it seems I forgot to take one....

whats the procedure for this?

I'm feeling amused, and thus nice. Post an action, and as long as it does not interfere with what is allready happening at I will add it to turn 78.

((My action was excluded because of insufficient speed, I suppose?

Interesting results, by the way...))

((Yeah, you got mindswaped before you managet to magic anything up.))
((I have a question: Are affinities part of the body or mind? As in, is the affinity I can use force while in Crimson's body, or do I still have the Evil Eye?
Oh, and Crimson: I have 9 shards now. I feel quite ready to spend them. ))

((Mind. But essences are bound to the body. While you can't use essences of afinities you don't have, their original owner can't reach them either.))

((First and foremost question, opinions needed.

What will happen if original body dies? As your spirit have nowhere to return to, it must fight for the body with it's original owner? Or does it simply leaves?

I'd rather not take risks, but first variant seems more likely.))

((If body dies, so does the spirit that is within at the time. At the end of the spell, spirits whose original bodies are still alive will return to them, while those whose original body is dead will take what's available.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 29, 2015, 06:41:45 pm »

((It seems more likely to me, that once the spell turns off, the minds will attempt to return to their original bodies. If said original body happens to no longer exist, then mind goes away. You know, people could exploit this to get rid of enemies that are too hard to get rid of in their own bodies. Also, yeah that was a good spell. No fighting dragon, instead must run around screaming.))

Edit: ((Facepalm))
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:55:49 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 506