Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177804 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 78 Theft of the century
« Reply #1515 on: May 01, 2015, 02:49:21 am »

((Darn. I don't even have my reroll staff...))

Freeze Crimson's body again. Only the remaining hand this time, though.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 01, 2015, 05:13:03 pm »

((Now you see the power of the Evil Eye.))

Secrecy! Action sent!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 01, 2015, 05:50:12 pm »

wait a sec......oh wow....I think that guy scrambled there bodies. HA that's a fun twist.
more essences. 3
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 01, 2015, 06:31:10 pm »

((Darn. I don't even have my reroll staff...))

((It's all good, I've got it for the moment. I feel like I might have slightly more need for it at the moment.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 01, 2015, 06:34:09 pm »

((yep! scrambled everybody in that area, except that blasted warp mage and the dragon... could that have affected the dragon?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 01, 2015, 11:12:50 pm »

"Marcus here."

Prevent No from using his current body's shards, using control magic. Then run away to a close by location, and hide all of this body's shards and essences. Then come back.

(Beirus, you have no idea how tempting it is to have my character be possessed by the Manipulator and commit suicide to kill you. Fortunately for you, circumstance are currently keeping me from exploiting this turn of events properly, and I must merely settle for stealing all of your shards and essences.)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 01, 2015, 11:20:59 pm »

((That's pretty damn meta. It works in perplexicon, around here it isn't exactly okay. Also, try to use the voice colors. It's blue with purple glow.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 01, 2015, 11:22:44 pm »

((That's pretty damn meta. It works in perplexicon, around here it isn't exactly okay.))
Which is the majority of the reason why I didn't do it.

Also, NAV, don't forget about Grundar (why wasn't he or the dragon affected?).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 01, 2015, 11:24:02 pm »

((ATHATH, (()) denotes OOC conversation. Otherwise, we might think your character is trying to say it.))

"Well Kahel, I can only assume somebody thought swapping our souls around would hamper us. And luckily he seems to have decided to make it known which body he is in. No need to waste time searching for him. Also you, the one in my body. It better be in good shape when I get it back, and if my things are missing I will destroy your soul."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:31:36 pm by Beirus »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 02, 2015, 05:55:02 am »

"Heh, yeah. Changing bodies is not that much of an obstacle. Jase, enjoy my staff while you can, it's pretty damn awesome. Not that I'm proud or anything... Actually, I am. Anyway, let's show this psycho our power."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 02, 2015, 06:53:31 am »

((... hee hee hee hee...))
Generic Arms Race.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 02, 2015, 07:16:55 am »

PREPARE TO OPEN WARP PORTAL NEAR THE DRAGON

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 02, 2015, 07:19:38 am »

((ho ho ho ho... the next turn is going to be fun... I predict bad rolls for everybody trying to kill me. Also... if you kill me, you kill Crimson's body...))
Generic Arms Race.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 03, 2015, 05:47:45 pm »

Turn 79

Freeze Crimson's body again. Only the remaining hand this time, though.

Secrecy! Action sent!

"Marcus here."

Prevent No from using his current body's shards, using control magic. Then run away to a close by location, and hide all of this body's shards and essences. Then come back.

"Undo what you did!"
Stuff
Stuff
Stuff

SPD [3+1=4] vs [5-1=4] vs [2+1=3] vs [6] vs [5] vs [2]
CMP [2+1+1=4]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [2]
POT [2]
STR [6]

STR [1-1=0]
CMP [6]
POT [1+1=2]

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [1+1=2]

CMP [4]
POT [6+2=8]

CMP [3]
POT [5+1=6]

The body James now occupied was injured and near the dragon. Either would had been trouble enough alone, but a mix of two was dangerous. James fixed up both the busted knee and shoulder, before deciding to go further. Remembering the spell he somehow managed to accidentally cast on the techpriests, healer attempted to replicate it. Choosing to cast weakened version saved James problems, as he felt some muscles move unnaturally and a bit painfully. No matter, it was good enough to move, and so he charged metal man now inhabited by the soul of his adversary. No did not manage to put much of resistance with one hand missing and was quickly forced down on the ground by James.

Next came restraining spells from Crimson and Kahel, though the two did not want to use too much power on a body that would soon return to rightfull owner and it showed. Neither forced a spell that lasted beyond a minute, although for that minute Nos' only hand became entirely paralyzed, allowing James to pin offending mage down harder.

While all this comotion was going down, Marcus took his part in securing what was important - soul shards. Allowing this mad bodyswaping mage to spend them all on silly goals, like killing chessmaster himself, would not be allowed! Simple one command geass spells were easy to create, even on such a short notice as this and Marcus used his full power to force one simple command into the mind of No: "DO NOT USE THE SHARDS". Future treasure thusly secured, Marcus took care of what he had allready, tossing what shards this body had up into a thicket of branches in one of plum trees. Nobody would find them unnless they knew where to look.

Beirus was last, as his spell took a while to charge up. With mighty commands, Nos' soul was pulled out of Crimsons' body, yet curse No had cast previously came into effect. Amulet of magic protection began shining brightly on James body, as the soul within was torn out by disintegration of that particular part of the spell. As curse partially disintegrated, James' soul was returned back to his original body, Crimson found himself completely pinned in his old metallic self and No blinked as his sight revealed Crimson in a chokehold beneath him.

wait a sec......oh wow....I think that guy scrambled there bodies. HA that's a fun twist.
more essences. 3
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [2]
POT [5]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [3+1-2=2]

Flare looked at mages dogpiling one of their own, snickering at the silliness of it all. Dragon flew off somewhere northeast, but a battle would occur sooner or later, and he would not be caught unprepared again.

PREPARE TO OPEN WARP PORTAL NEAR THE DRAGON

CMP [4]
POT [1]

Something went wrong. This though somehow managed to occupy entirety of Romanticcarnus' mind as warp portal size of a poppy seed sizzled between his hands. Snort from the dragon reminded him in what kind of situation he was however, and sorceror reflexively moved in a defensive posture. But the strike never came. Instead, dragon extended its wings and flew off northeast.

{I would like a confirmation that XXXXYYYY is still playing}
CMP [5]
POT [6]

Finaly, he was getting somwhere, Gambler thought as his powers returned fully. The curse was nearing the end, and then he'd be able to return to forging the pillars that would support his master plan.

TARGET d12{9}-> Azenfar

Dragon took off again. What was happening here was simply too confusing. Curse wielding mage said that he'd take care of this, did something, and then they all began doing something to his last servant. The only person remaining continued his overly elaborate greeting. It seemed cruel to kill someone so dedicated to tradition. That meant that the closest suitable target was... speedy mage. Who had just killed armed mage and stole his sword. That little pest. Dragon had wanted to fight the arms mage properly, like a knight of old. Such insolence would not stand.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 03, 2015, 05:57:16 pm »

((Is the dragon in the tile south-west of me or on the same tile as me?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 506