Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177090 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 79 Confusius maximus
« Reply #1560 on: May 05, 2015, 10:41:52 pm »

((Just to be clear, I'm increasing the up/down/left/right acceleration of the arrow only when it requires it to be accurate.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: May 05, 2015, 11:34:12 pm »

((Just to be clear, I'm increasing the up/down/left/right acceleration of the arrow only when it requires it to be accurate.))
((Like the Homing modifier?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: May 05, 2015, 11:41:40 pm »

((Like the Homing modifier?))
((Kind of. This version lets me get a +1 for using acceleration and it also compensates for how bad my DEX roll is. If the DEX roll was good, it'll cost less. If it was bad, it'll cost more.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 06, 2015, 03:07:27 pm »

Sadly, there will be no update today.
Globalization in Germany is a subject more complex than I first thought.
Expect update sometime tomorow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 06, 2015, 03:57:39 pm »

Huh. Doing some geography????? The non-general stuff usually is real complex.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 06, 2015, 05:54:34 pm »

((I expect my death in the next turn. And no, it's not geography. More likely economics or sociology.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 78 Theft of the century
« Reply #1566 on: May 07, 2015, 05:14:08 pm »

Turn 80

"Let's see if you're perfect enough to withstand this!"

Fire the ornate arrow at the dragon's head. Use my two Dexterity essences to improve my DEX roll by 2 points. I'll use my magic to increase the up/down/left/right/forward acceleration of the arrow to increase its accuracy and speed. In order to improve this spell, I'm putting both my Acceleration essences into it, breaking 2 shards to increase its POT by 2, and breaking 10 shards to increase its CMP by 5.

Loot the corpse after it inevitably dies.

DEX [4+2+1=7]
CMP [3+2+5=10]
POT [5+2+2=9]
DEX [2] vs SPD [1]

With a single movement, Azenfar drew back the bowstring as far as he could before immediately releasing after arrow formed from stored magic. Spell that took upon physical form flew gracefully through the air, guided by both Azenfars' talent as archer and his talent as a mage. Arrow flew with great speed, spending mere moment in air before lodging itself deep in the right eye of the dragon. With a great shriek dragon began trashing around in the air in pain. It more fell than landed before Azenfar, droplets of dark blue blood falling freely from its head, freezing land where they fell and painting plants white with frost. One remaining eye was looking intensely at Azenfar, hate burning within, with clear knowledge of who was responsible for its current pain. It opened its great maw and roared at Azenfar, who was mere meters away. The roar was a promise of great suffering, a thousandfold return for what he had caused. But it was this roar that saved accelerator, for Azenfar dodged away as soon as dragon opened its mouth, not waiting to see if it wanted to threaten or swallow him whole. It was a timely dodge, as just after Azenfar moved out of the way, dragon unleashed his frozen breath again. Accelerator felt that somehow strangely wind turned towards him, no, towards the area which dragon had just blasted. As he turned to sneak a look he noticed that there were droplets of clear liquid on otherwise entirely frozen plants. That, was most certainly not water.
Spoiler: 200% MAD (click to show/hide)

((What just happened? Excuse me while I bore my eyes into the turn.))

Edit: "Well... this is a predicament... I suppose you are going to try to kill me now... well I suppose I don't have much choice now... I would like to inform you that I have placed a hidden curse onto the strongest of you and if you do not let me escape I will trigger it and render your mind useless."

If they don't let me leave, detonate the curse. If they let me leave, make 3 Evil Eye essences while heading south-east rapidly.
"He's Bluffing. Even if he isn't I will heal whatever the curse does.
Grundar, please kill No."

Order Grundar to kill No.

Cast a spell to give No cancer. Don't stop at the lungs, block his major arteries with cancerous tissue killing him near-instantly. Use 2 +1/+2 essences.
Then shift my weapon to crossbow mode and shoot him.

"Funny thing about soul swapping. The souls aren't as anchored to the new bodies, and it's rather easy to pull them back out. As for that curse, I only have one thing to say. SILENCE, THEY KILL YOU!"

Make with the silencing of No.

Stuff
Hillarious stuff

SPD [6] vs [1] vs [3+1=4] vs [6-1=5] vs [1+1=2]
DEX [4] vs [3]
LUCK [2] {Something happened out of sight}
STR [2-1=1]
END [1]
CMP [4]
POT [3+1=4]

CMP [5]
POT [4+2=6]

CMP [2+2=4]
POT [5+4+1=10]

END [1-1=0]
STR [6]
END [1-2=-1]

It was five mages against one, not counting possibility of allies. It was a situation where even stalling for time in hopes of dragon wandering over was futile. There was one thing that could had saved No, or at least taken his enemies with him. Making use of his current position No quickly found and grabbed all soul shards Crimson had on himself. If he had wanted to use them, he would had needed to deal with man of steel trashing under him for a while, but his was a plan that took hardly any time at all. He crushed the shards, allowing magic and thought within mix with landscape of aether, in hopes of something powerful emerging. No such thing happened, though, and Crimson snatched the opportunity to fling astonished mage away from him with his spear.

Jase and Marcus clearly did not want to extend nor renew the episode of body swap, as both cast a spell of their own to prevent No from acting. James whipped up his battlefield tested silence spell to prevent curse eyed mage from using magic again, or maybe possibly to simply shut him up, as his lies were getting him both bored and paranoid. Marcus however, opted to use something unseen, as No suddenly stood up straight as an obelisk with a blank look in his eyes, before bending his body in a stance vaguely resembling form of a chicken.

What his further actions would had been remains unknown, as James used his magic, and as it was now becoming annoyingly common for him, with intent to kill. Nos' skin warped and tore spilling blood all over and where skin did not break red spots revealing internal bleeding appeared. But his suffering was cut short, as Grundar by command of his master used his great strength to tear offending mage in half. As if to mark the death of one that cursed them, Jase, Marcus and Kahel once more experienced sudden shift in their sight as trio of mages returned to their bodies.

use all essences to make animate steel

CMP [2+1+2+1-3-1=2]
POT [2+1+3+1=7]

Realizing the numerous flaws of a common weapon, Flare decided to create something befitting himself. With a complex command, space parted and spat out a cube of steel. Of course, Flare knew better than to expect perfection, memories of sword making still haunting his memory. He commanded the cube to change into a pyramid. Then into a sphere. Steel followed commands flawlessly, changing its shape with a loud bending noise each time. But when Flare attempted to form an inconspicuous looking weapon, flaws began to emerge. What should have been a sword was a cylinder. What should have been a bow, a circle. Mace resulted in another pyramid while spear was another cylinder, although slightly thinner than the "sword” cylinder.  It was not a good day.

The Gambler picks up and moves further NE, forging a few (2) more essences as he walked. He looks around for anything of interest, keeping a keen eye.

CMP [4]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [4]
POT [2]
LUCK [3]

Creating another essence gambler felt remnants of shattered mirror curse leaving him. The ritual to mitigate the effect required him to stay perfectly still, so Gambler decided to celebrate end of the curse with a walk. It felt good to move legs again after a while. His keen eyes darted over the plains, searching for anything out of order, but everything was calm. No it was not, Gambler thought, looking at a small green hairless humanoid peering at him out of a hole, holding a knife in his muscular left hand while holding up a camouflaged hatch with his right. Goblin stared back at the gambler with his beady eyes, seemingly unsure of what to do now that he was discovered.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 80 Darwin awards
« Reply #1567 on: May 07, 2015, 05:21:23 pm »

((Techincly, it was history subject.))

Also, a new poll is up.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 07, 2015, 05:27:20 pm »

"Greetins, my good sir. How are you doing this fine day?"
If the goblin attacks, the Gambler steals his luck (2 essences, +1/+1), then punches him.
Else, he chats a bit, making an essence.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:50:24 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 07, 2015, 05:28:27 pm »

"Even if you best me, dragon, you will never recover your eye! Thousands of years may you reign but you shall always bear the scars I've dealt you!"

"Armok give me power!"

Run up to the dragon and kick the arrow further in into its brain. Use magic to boost my jump if necessary. Slash with my sword if I don't make it to the eye.

((Why can't we vote in the poll?))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:35:02 pm by Andres »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 07, 2015, 05:29:21 pm »

A crystal flies out from a pocket in No's cape and flies off into the air, vanishing into the dimensions!

Far, far, away, in another realm entirely...
A crystal clattered to the floor. None looked up, puzzled. Then he saw it. "No's crystal? My nephew, dead? I warned him..." As the crystal projected onto the wall the grisly happenings of No's death, None raged internally. "This... angers... me..."

A few hours later, a letter was left in Null's room, and one mage set off towards a realm full of death.

Name: None
Affinity: ??? If you don't mind, I'm going to PM you this one.
Description: A man with golden eyes, wearing a red cloak with blue lightning bolt patterns all over it. The cloak is the standard garb of the Nevermore clan, however the designs vary.
STR:2
DEX:0
SPD:1
END: 4
POT: 1

"That mage has no idea of what he started..."

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 07, 2015, 05:38:48 pm »

Run up to the dragon and kick the arrow further in into its brain. Use magic to boost my jump if necessary. Slash with my sword if I don't make it to the eye.

Dragon is quite huge, to reach its head you will need a boost of some sort or some exceptional dexterity and luck to have dragon lower its head and be able to maneuver around those sharp teeth.

((Why can't we vote in the poll?))

((Because I am silly))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:45:36 pm by DreamerGhost »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 07, 2015, 05:47:55 pm »

Dragon is quite huge, to reach its head you will need a boost of some sort or some exception dexterity and luck to have dragon lower its head and be able to maneuver around those sharp teeth.
Thought it was closer to the ground from the picture. Can I feasibly reach its neck? Does the lost eye mean it has decreased DEX? Would I be slightly safer if I attacked from its right? I'm fighting a dragon (alone) so I need as much info as I can get.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 07, 2015, 05:59:15 pm »

Yes, for all the good it would do to you. Its claws are nimble.
No.
Yes.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 07, 2015, 06:05:19 pm »

Dragon is quite huge, to reach its head you will need a boost of some sort or some exception dexterity and luck to have dragon lower its head and be able to maneuver around those sharp teeth.
Thought it was closer to the ground from the picture. Can I feasibly reach its neck? Does the lost eye mean it has decreased DEX? Would I be slightly safer if I attacked from its right? I'm fighting a dragon (alone) so I need as much info as I can get.
((If you pull this off, I will personally make you a luck-based equipment of your choice. Because you will have earned it.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 506