Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177334 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 80 Darwin awards
« Reply #1605 on: May 09, 2015, 07:25:16 am »

((Brilliant ideas, but No.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: May 09, 2015, 09:27:40 am »

((Brilliant ideas, but No.))
I see what you did there.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 09, 2015, 03:39:09 pm »

((Ha ha ha. The affinity I have chosen has at least three letters. Just one clue.))

((Also, who needs to post actions for the turn?))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 09, 2015, 04:49:44 pm »

((Could be No One. Could be the GM has stuff to do before updating the game.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 09, 2015, 05:17:45 pm »

((Nobody is a good name I might use, as is Jemais.))
Generic Arms Race.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 10, 2015, 04:58:30 pm »

Turn 81

3 more essence
CMP [2+1=3]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [2]
POT [1]
CMP [6+1-2=5]
POT [5+1-2=4]

Flare was annoyed, but not too much. Even though the last attempt was a fail, this pathetic excuse for a weapon could still be used as materials for something greater. But feromancer had no patience for another go of absurdity that was making of the sword. This time he wanted to be certain.

Did I get the 5 shards from killing No, or did Grundar?

"Shame it had to come to that, but he left us no choice.
How about we spend one more round making essences, then let's go ahead with the plan. Oh, and here's some healing pills."

Get the shards from No's corpse.
Give Kahel and Jase each a minor healing pill.
Make 4 summoning essences.

CMP [3+1+1=5]
POT [3+1+1=5]
CMP [3+1+1-1=4]
POT [2+1+1-1=3]
CMP [2]
POT [6]
CMP [1+1+1-3=0]
LUCK [10]
{Usefulnes}
LUCK [1] {Material}
LUCK [6] {Power}

Preparations were closing to an end, and James retrieved a pair of minor healing pills from Grundar and handed them off to his lightly injured allies. Kahel recovered from gash on his shoulder, although pain in the chest gave not so subtle hints that his ribs were still broken. Jase was injured lightly enough to recover completely. With healing done, James began focusing power once more. But this time he reached too far. One would think that James would be familiar with the sensation of essence exploding between his hands. One would be wrong, as there were far too many posibilities of summoning for an single person to experience, something James did not actually want to experience, as accentuated by his swears. But this time James go off lightly, as the portal to unknown realities spat out a flamethrower made entirely out of sand. Which crumbled to a small pile of dust upon touch. Not all that useful, but it was not anything dangerous.

"It's nice to be back in my own body. We should probably put the plan into action before the dragon comes back, but Crimson could also use a new arm. James, it's your call. And nice spell."

If James agrees, do the plan with all my essences and draw in some of the surrounding aether to enhance it further. Otherwise, 2 more aether essences.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [2+1=2]
CMP [1]
POT [1]

Jase took the pill James gave him and ate it. Strange tingle could be felt where he was wounded, quick inspection revealing that wounds had closed. It felt good to be uninjured again. With that matter setled, Jase continued meditating, yet was quicly interupted by strange magic curent moving nearby and James suden curses.

Alright, two essences. And can I request someone to help heal my missing arm?

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [3]
POT [1]

With the fight over and dragon being busy elsewhere, Crimson made use of this peace to focus some power and think on some things. Dragon was certainly very dangerous even in against such form that he now possessed. Having that arm back could prove crucial in this fight. Whom he should address though? Would James be capable of healing his metal form or would he need to find someone capable of controlling metals? Well, there was still some time left.

"Hey, James. Do you have some time to heal me? Many thanks."

Create three essences.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [1->4+1=5]
CMP [4]
POT [4]
CMP [1->3+1-2=2]
POT [4+1-2=3]

It was nice to have a healer around, thought Kahel, feeling his shoulder wound close up. Ribs still hurt like hell, but that could be resolved later. He had power to gain, and a staff power to abuse. It was great having the staff back, even though he had only spent minutes without it, Kahel had already missed it. He was making good progress with essences when his concentration was disturbed by curses. Maybe James would feel like taking a break from summoning and would help out a comrade.

Leap over the dragon onto its back, boosting myself with magic. Aim for its spine with the serrated edge. If it looks like it's going to eat me, aim my sword relative to its mouth so it can't help but getting sword cutting through its mouth if it tried. I don't think I explained that last bit very well. Do you get what I mean?

EDIT: If it looks like it's going to eat me, I also take a deep breath.

EDIT2: If I don't make it to the spine, I'll be glad with slashing its other eye.
SPD [4+1=5] vs [4+2=6]
STR [6+1=7]
DEX [3+1=4]
END [1]

Dragon made use of Azenfar looking back towards breath impact site to charge him. Yet three tons of reptile are hard to miss, and Azenfar managed to dodge both dragons teeth and claws as great beast dashed past him. But as Azenfar turned to observe and prepare for dragons next move, he was blindsided by dragons’ tail. It struck like a mace, colliding with Azenfars head with great force, knocking out accelerator instantly.
{Azenfar: Unconscious}

"Greetins, my good sir. How are you doing this fine day?"
If the goblin attacks, the Gambler steals his luck (2 essences, +1/+1), then punches him.
Else, he chats a bit, making an essence.

LUCK [6]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [5+1=6]

Gambler, attempting to appear as non-hostile as he could, greeted greenskin with wave and a smile. This attempt at communication seemed to go poorly, as goblin yelped and disappeared underground, hatch closing with an audible *bang*. Not knowing what to make of this Gambler resumed his meditation, but it did not last for long, as hatch soon opened again, but this time there were three goblins looking at him, with one of them being slightly larger, greener and wearing a helmet.

Continue to stay, watching the fights going on

It seemed like not much more would happen with those collected within the forest, amusing as their previous brawl was. Yet there was another fight gaining speed to entertain Romanticarnus. Some strange guy with bow and sword was trying to fight the dragon. How archaic. Did he think himself as some sort of noble knight? But it seemed that he would not be rescuing any princes anytime soon, as he was knocked out by dragons' tail. Oh well, this likely meant that there would be a bow and sword to grab.

From the portal None, mystic of the Nevermore clan entered. A truly ancient wizard, few were still alive who remembered his powers, and none of them were within the arena this day. Yet soon they would know, for None was after a goal, namely after killers of his nephew.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:16:59 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 81 Greed and fall
« Reply #1611 on: May 10, 2015, 05:01:48 pm »

Wake up.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: May 10, 2015, 05:25:31 pm »

Okay, I am never summoning too many essences again.
I was making summoning essences, so why did it explode into a botched healing spell?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 10, 2015, 05:34:11 pm »

Okay, I am never summoning too many essences again.
I was making summoning essences, so why did it explode into a botched healing spell?
Because I went full derp there because you summoned a bunch of cancer inducing nanites, and not at all because I wasn't paying enough atention.

I will roll a third dice and rewrite what happened tomorow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: May 10, 2015, 08:00:36 pm »

"Ello there! Anythin' I can do for ya?"
If any of the goblins try to attack, the Gambler steals all their luck (3 essences, +1/+1), then punches the main goblin in the snout.
Else, he chats a bit, making another essence.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 10, 2015, 08:12:38 pm »

"Greetings, mages who killed my nephew. I would like to inform you that I intend to kill you all later as revenge. Good day."

Jog off to the castle, make 2 ??? essences while I travel.

((Also, do you realize that on a ten for power but a one for luck with summoning, you might get a nuke about to explode?))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:30:10 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 10, 2015, 08:32:42 pm »

"I see No's family knows nothing of subtlety. Perhaps we should kill you now, and save ourselves some annoyance later down the road. Crimson, what do you say?"
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 10, 2015, 08:39:16 pm »

"Oh dear. I suppose you could make the attempt..."

Never mind jog, dash off to the castle instead. Still make 2 ??? essences as I travel.
Generic Arms Race.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 10, 2015, 08:40:57 pm »

"I see No's family knows nothing of subtlety. Perhaps we should kill you now, and save ourselves some annoyance later down the road. Crimson, what do you say?"
"I'm in."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 10, 2015, 08:43:48 pm »

"Well... I don't suppose I could convince you to become my second in command? No?"
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 506