Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1177114 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 81 Greed and fall
« Reply #1650 on: May 12, 2015, 01:16:30 pm »

((That would be Null's affinity. No.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 12, 2015, 03:27:43 pm »

((That would be Null's affinity. No.))
Um... "Breakage"? "Removal"?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 12, 2015, 03:48:35 pm »

((Nope, nada.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 12, 2015, 07:21:15 pm »

((Nope, nada.))
((Prevention? Void?(That would of been a p. cool aspect for Null actually) Endings? Inertia? - I really should stop asking. It will come when it comes.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 12, 2015, 07:29:21 pm »

((No, No, No, No. It will come when it comes. Hint: part of it is related to an incredibly popular suggestion game.))
Generic Arms Race.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 12, 2015, 07:33:53 pm »

((Necromancy? Evil? Souls?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 12, 2015, 07:53:36 pm »

((No cubed.))
Generic Arms Race.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: May 13, 2015, 10:10:47 am »

((No, No, No, No. It will come when it comes. Hint: part of it is related to an incredibly popular suggestion game.))
Does it have anything to do with The Warrens of Oric the Awesome or Homestuck?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: May 13, 2015, 10:36:18 am »

((I'm reading all of this thread through Gizoogle right now. I can't stop laughing.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 13, 2015, 02:16:32 pm »

Does it have anything to do with The Warrens of Oric the Awesome or Homestuck?
((One or the other. DreamerGhost. That-... that... you have got to be kidding me.))

((Also... just in case None dies: this one won't be a Nevermore, that would be taking it too far.

Name: Jonas the Beekeeper
Affinity: Bees
Description: A short man wearing a yellow striped jacket. Wears a technologically advanced visor that was a gift from a powerful electric guardian who looked rather bee-ish.
STR: 0
DEX: 1
SPD: 1
END: 0
POT: 6

I'll use this one next if None dies. ))
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 02:21:41 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 13, 2015, 03:58:02 pm »

((Not the bees!))

((It had to be said.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 13, 2015, 04:19:26 pm »

Turn 82

"Ello there! Anythin' I can do for ya?"
If any of the goblins try to attack, the Gambler steals all their luck (3 essences, +1/+1), then punches the main goblin in the snout.
Else, he chats a bit, making another essence.

LUCK [5]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [6+1=7]

Tall helmeted goblin looked intensely at the Gambler for a minute, creating an uncomfortable silence, seemingly completely ignoring the extended greetings. Then he backhanded smaller goblin to his left, before turning to the right one. "He's a mage you bag of hammers. I have told you many times about mages. Have you forgotten?" helmeted goblin shouted at now cowering subordinate. "N-no sir. Mages never carry anything worth fighting a mage over, sir." "Whatever did you called me here for then, you toadface?" "Well, I just thought that..." "You are not supposed to do "thinking", you are far too stupid for that!" Helmeted goblin did not linger any longer, diving beneath the earth and releasing hatch to fall freely, on the heads of two other goblins who failed to dive fast enough and both got smacked. Soon, grassland returned to its usual undivided greenery.

Wake up.

END [4]
DEX [1]
LUCK [5]
END [6]

As Azenfar regained his ability to think, he noticed something absolutely terrifying. His sword was about a meter away from his reach. Bow was just as far, although in a completely opposite direction. But there was something much worse happening. Dragon was close enough to feel its chilly breath, opening its maw to devour acceleration whole. Fear paralyzed Azenfar, as dragon bit deep into his legs, flipped him in the air and swallowed him whole without even bothering to chew. Did it think that he was dead? The alternative was so much crueler, felt Azenfar, as acid began eating through his clothes. Mage could barely feel his legs bleeding - there were enough adrenaline in his system to suppress such pain.

"Oh dear. I suppose you could make the attempt..."

Never mind jog, dash off to the castle instead. Still make 2 ??? essences as I travel.
Stuff
Stuff
Stuff

SPD [4] vs [6+1=7] vs [2] vs [4-1=3] vs [2-1=1]
CMP [2+1+1-1=3]
POT [3+1=4]

LUCK [6]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [2]
CMP [5]
POT [4-1=3]

CMP [4+1+1=6]
POT [4+1+1=6]
CMP [3+1+1-1=4]
POT [5+1+1-1=6]
CMP [5]
POT [3]

It was as if a curse fell upon all mages wishing to capture or kill None, their movements and thoughts turned sluggish, as arrogant mage ran speedily away. Only Jase managed to cast a spell, rushed and flawed as it was, it was still a surprise when silence curse dissipated into nothingness upon moving in the same general area as the gate. Crimson stopped just before committing to a spell of his own, realizing futility of such action. There was a powerful defensive enchantment protecting the portal, even if the slash punched through, there was no guarantee that it would remain any stronger than a breeze.

After running away a fair distance, None stopped to focus a bit of his energies. Currently, he was far ahead of any expected progress, not only he had found those who were responsible for his nephews death, but he also had a chance to see a glimpse of their powers and their exact numbers. He even managed to move relatively safe distance away, as he did not want them to find out about his magic just yet. Later, when he returned with overwhelming force they would, but not now. For now, he still wanted to reach that castle.

another three essences

CMP [5+1=6]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [5]
POT [2]
CMP [2+1-2=1]
POT [4+1-2=3]

Flare continued planning and preparing. Next time, the overgrown lizard will not be able to just ignore him!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: May 13, 2015, 04:19:58 pm »

((Not the bees!))

((It had to be said.))

((If not for you, I would had done it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 82 Secrets and delicasies
« Reply #1663 on: May 13, 2015, 04:31:45 pm »

"Well that's a problem. Should we follow him?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 82 Secrets and delicasies
« Reply #1664 on: May 13, 2015, 04:47:56 pm »

"They're probably going to go after me, unless they have other problems of some sort. I need to be ready."

Two more ??? essences, continue my trek to the castle door. Hurry, dangit.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 506