Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180978 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 82 Secrets and delicasies
« Reply #1680 on: May 17, 2015, 09:39:05 am »

((By the way... Alex Raman still looks like No. Is it within possibility... that No isn't dead? Seems unlikely, but... eh.))

"Wait... did I see No back there?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 17, 2015, 09:45:19 am »

(( Fairly certain that that was a cuurse that only afected how flare saw people and not how they actualy looked. Either way, it has timed out by now))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 17, 2015, 09:52:54 am »

((Actually, the wording was- make Alex Raman look like me, as in everybody sees him as me. And apparently it's still in the status last time I checked.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 17, 2015, 04:44:26 pm »

Turn 83

"They're probably going to go after me, unless they have other problems of some sort. I need to be ready."

Two more ??? essences, continue my trek to the castle door. Hurry, dangit.

SPD [(6)/2+1=4]
CMP [3+1=4]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [1]
POT [2]

A very interesting sight greeted None as he reached the castle gates. First he noticed half dissolved corpse of a naga trapped within great mass of spiked vines, they were not moving, but one plants had no trouble being patient. Next he noticed something far more useful - four steel swords strewn around the place. But None knew that he needed to proceed carefully, despite mages certainly following him, for there may still had been some dangers nearby.

Stuff
Stuff
Stuff

SPD [(4+1)/2+2=4.5]
SPD [(6)/2+2=5]
SPD [(6-1)/2+2=4.5]
SPD [(3-1)/2+1=2]
CMP [4+1+1=6]
POT [6+1+1=8]
CMP [2+1+1-1=3]
POT [4+1+1-1=5]
CMP [2]
POT [3]

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [4]
POT [5]

Three mages took to the air, as three hunter hawks flying after their prey. Grundar, having to follow on foot quickly fell behind. Yet speed given by wings (and jetpack) was not quite enough. They were gaining, and None was closer and closer with each minute, but it was clear that with the head start he had, None would reach the castle before they came close enough to hit him.

((I'm not sure if I'm enormously lucky I didn't get frozen while asleep or enormously unlucky from being eaten.))

Prayer inside head: Armok! Almighty lord! Please give me power so I can kill this dragon in your name!

Take out my knife. Full acceleration boost out the mouth while cutting everywhere around me.

CMP [5]
POT [1]
LUCK [4]
END [6]

Stomach of a dragon, as spacious as this one was, isn’t quite large enough for a man to move around easily. Azenfar attempted a spell to get himself out, yet he forgot to compensate for the fact that his legs were somewhat damaged. The boost he used resulted in him barely budging. Armok helps those that help themselves, Azenfar remembered. It seemed that for the big guy upstairs this was not enough of self-help to be worth bothering. Stomach acid was mostly stopped by clothes, seemingly not entirely able to digest them. Yet burning feeling around Accelerators neck and hands did not allow to relax.

uitlize all essences to give myself,   "functional steal wings"

CMP [6+1+1+1+1+1-1-1=9]
POT [6+1+1+2+1+1=12]
LUCK [6]
END [1]

Just as Flare finished chanting his spell, he collapsed on the ground in pain, losing consciousness. If one had watched from nearby, they would had seen how steel barbs sprouted from feromancers back, piercing through his clothes, still slick with blood from where they penetrated flesh and skin. The barbs grew long stalks away from the body, creating a steel skeleton, which was then covered in sheets of steel which grew sharp steel feathers. Then, primary barbs expanded near the base, covering up wounds they had caused when growing out, and stopping blood from flowing out. Thusly, Flare unknowingly continued the tradition of going down in pain while gaining wings for this battle.

"Huh. How strange. Farewell, I guess!"
He travels a bit NW making another couple (2) essences.

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [3]
POT [3]

Not wanting to stay so close to an entrance to a tunnel with unknown number of goblins, Gambler took a brief hike northwest. Grass was just the same, and there were no known goblin caves nearby. There might had not been any goblin caves nearby at all!

Three essences.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [1]
POT [6]
CMP [2-1=1]
POT [1-1=0]

Kahel had no wings of his own to follow the trio. He had no cause to either. There was a dragon to hunt, a dragon that already ate one of them. It seemed to have a taste for mage flesh, and with one eye lost, chances of it feeling forgiving were slim to none.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 83 Chase and memories
« Reply #1684 on: May 17, 2015, 05:06:22 pm »

((The dragon is still bleeding to death/losing stats, right?))

Stab the stomach lining so the acid can leak out/make him throw up. Try the spell again.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 17, 2015, 05:29:52 pm »

((What is the +1/2 essence I have?))
2 more essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 17, 2015, 05:49:50 pm »

((What is it with wings? If I decide to fly, my method will be a tad bit more interesting.))

"My only hope of surviving would be to divide and conquer, using the castle to do so."

Head inside the castle, grab one of the swords while I'm at it. Get deep inside, the enemy will be coming after me. After all that, if I won't receive any penalties, make two ??? essences. If I will receive penalties for the actions, make only one ??? essence.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:00:02 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 17, 2015, 05:57:58 pm »

((wings are awesome))

wake up

"owwww.......wait...."

test wings
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 17, 2015, 05:59:10 pm »

"JAMES! SUMMON ME TO THE TOWER WHEN YOU GET THERE!"

PM.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 18, 2015, 06:17:42 pm »

((So... odds of me winning a fight against these three mages is (1+luck+innovation)/(kh*ka*kc)))
Generic Arms Race.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 19, 2015, 05:30:43 pm »

Continue flying towards the castle. Create two force essences.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 19, 2015, 06:46:05 pm »

Continue flying towards the castle. Check my jetpack's fuel.
If I get withing range, then summon stun/knockout/tear gas at his location. Something to incapacitate him.
Create three summoning essences if I can't get within range.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 19, 2015, 07:43:59 pm »

((Ha! I'm already at the castle door. I'll be inside before your tear gas grenade reaches me.))
Generic Arms Race.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 19, 2015, 08:04:33 pm »

((Did I say anything about a grenade? I see no reason why I can't fill the castle with gas.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 19, 2015, 08:06:11 pm »

((Four hexes. That's how large the castle is. And I have no idea what withing range means. You probably meant within.))
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 506