Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1164024 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 83 Chase and memories
« Reply #1695 on: May 20, 2015, 01:13:58 pm »

"Hm... Seems like I'm the only one left to oppose the dragon. Well, more essences, then."

Three essences.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 83 Chase and memories
« Reply #1696 on: May 20, 2015, 04:37:57 pm »

Turn 84

Stab the stomach lining so the acid can leak out/make him throw up. Try the spell again.

STR [6]
END [3]
END [1]
DEX [1]

Azenfar knew he had only one way out alive, and it wasn't going to be pretty. With as much strength as he could, accelerator stabbed stomach wall with his trusty knife. Blood sprayed from cut blood vessels, and Azenfar suddenly lost all feeling in his left arm while his chest burned with pain. Yet he did not have the time to investigate what happened, as muscles surrounding him twitched and convulsed, pushing Azenfar out through the very same scarily sharp teeth that bit through his legs. With a wet thud, Azenfar was on the ground again, albeit a whole lot wetter. Now he had a few moments to look at what happened. His entire chest was covered in ice, and his left hand ended with a red icicle right below shoulder. With one of its front claws, dragon broke the arrow stuck in his eye, turning it into mist and ending the spell. It was injured, but far from dying, something Azenfar was unable to say about himself.

((What is the +1/2 essence I have?))
2 more essences.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [3+1=4]
CMP [3]
POT [1]

It seemed that this new spot was without any goblinways, as nothing disturbed Gamblers meditation. Either that, or the news of him being a mage spread quickly enough to forewarn greedier goblins.

"My only hope of surviving would be to divide and conquer, using the castle to do so."

Head inside the castle, grab one of the swords while I'm at it. Get deep inside, the enemy will be coming after me. After all that, if I won't receive any penalties, make two ??? essences. If I will receive penalties for the actions, make only one ??? essence.

LUCK [6]
CMP [1+1=2]
POT [6]
CMP [5]
POT [4]

His pursuers were getting closer; None knew that with each passing second, distance between them and him decreased. Deciding to risk the spiky vines, he grabbed one of steel swords, and seeing plants remain stationary, moved inside the castle. Keep was undamaged enough, and winding corridors would provide an advantage. They might even be enough.

wake up

"owwww.......wait...."

test wings

END [6]
LUCK [2]

Consciousness returned to Flare and he got up with a sudden jolt, as if he had dreamt a nightmare. Yet in his mind the situation was absolutely terrifying. Pain from suddenly sprouting wings that cut through him as well as sharpest swords mixed with terror of not knowing for how long he was out mixed well. It took a while until feromancer noticed that his wings felt far too light. Looking behind he noticed that his wings were bare rods of steel, while land around him was covered in feathers, each embedded into the ground and as sharp as a dagger. Slowly, new feathers began growing out of the rods behind his back, and Flare understood that while he wouldn't be able to fly for now, if ever, yet now he had a proper weapon.
{Wings size: 20%}

Continue flying towards the castle. Create two force essences.
Continue flying towards the castle. Check my jetpack's fuel.
If I get withing range, then summon stun/knockout/tear gas at his location. Something to incapacitate him.
Create three summoning essences if I can't get within range.

Stuff

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [4+1=5]
CMP [4]
POT [2]

CMP [1+2+1-1=3]
POT [4+2+1=7]
CMP [1]
POT [6]

LUCK [5]
CMP [6+1+1=8]
POT [1+1+1=3]
CMP [1+1+1-1=2]
POT [1+1+1-1=2]
CMP [1]
POT [5]

Trio of mages landed at the front gates of the castle, their adversary somewhere within. Jase checked, yet scan of aether returned only that None was somewhere inside. Too many mages had died here to find out anything more precise easily. As Jase finished his spell, James and crimson finished their preparations. Crimson focused a bit more power in case the chase became too tiresome, while James inspected his jetpack. Valve on the back showed 60%, yet there was no guarantee that it started full. Either way, there was still a good deal of flight left in it. Mouse was in the trap, now it was only the matter of caching it.

"Hm... Seems like I'm the only one left to oppose the dragon. Well, more essences, then."

Three essences.

CMP [3+1=4]
POT [1->3+1=4]
CMP [5]
POT [5]
CMP [2+1-2=1]
POT [3+1-2=2]

Kahel was left alone. That Marcus guy was doing something among the trees, but that was of no consequence. Unless he wanted to help out with the dragon, that is. The great wyrm that others thought harmless. It would kill them one by one, but he would not allow it. Wait, what is this? It seems that dragon just spat out another guy? Was he too spicy?

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:52:17 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 84 Hunters and traps
« Reply #1697 on: May 20, 2015, 04:52:12 pm »

"owwww........."

"ok deep breaths.....the feathers are growing.....just wait"

estimate time until wings are functional. and make a "magic metal item"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 20, 2015, 05:15:47 pm »

"Hmm. I daresay that's enough essences! 'Ere it goes!"
The Gambler enchants his garments to improve the wearer's luck. All non-chaotic essences.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:02:34 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 20, 2015, 05:22:28 pm »

"He's definitely inside, and this looks like the only exit."

Doing stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 20, 2015, 05:26:03 pm »

"I fail to see how this is a fair fight..."

Go deeper into the castle, try to find loot or extremely powerful entities. Make 2 more ??? essences. If I am spotted by the triad chasing me, RUN LIKE EVERY MEMBER OF THRAKOR'S CLAN ARE RUNNING AFTER ME!!!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 20, 2015, 05:29:13 pm »

The Gamber summons a ring to improve the wearer's luck. All non-chaotic essences.

((You don't have the summon afinity, and your afinity is not a physical. There are several ways around it, some of which include you geting an actual ring))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 20, 2015, 05:40:48 pm »

((Shenanigans: solid luck.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 20, 2015, 05:51:03 pm »

((Shenanigans: solid luck.))

((clever. i think these bay12 forum games are slowly turning us players into rule lawers))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 20, 2015, 06:10:13 pm »

((Hah. Solid luck is nothing in shenanigans level compared to my affinity.))
Generic Arms Race.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 20, 2015, 06:11:38 pm »

((well thats not ominous at all))

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 20, 2015, 07:01:20 pm »

The Gamber summons a ring to improve the wearer's luck. All non-chaotic essences.

((You don't have the summon afinity, and your afinity is not a physical. There are several ways around it, some of which include you geting an actual ring))
((Fixing))
((EDIT: Better?))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 20, 2015, 09:45:56 pm »

((Oh god damn it. Well, at least now the dragon's got internal bleeding and I've got a free ranged weapon.))

Accelerate the icicle forward so that it pierces through the dragon's other eye. Sheathe the knife and pick up the bow of transference.

"Healer! Can I have your assistance? I seem to be seriously wounded!"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 20, 2015, 10:03:59 pm »

((I would, but I'm on the other side of the map right now. Not even sure I can hear you. Sorry.
remember folks, healing pills and potions are always for sale. You don't want to get caught without one like this guy.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 20, 2015, 10:42:22 pm »

((I would, but I'm on the other side of the map right now. Not even sure I can hear you. Sorry.
remember folks, healing pills and potions are always for sale. You don't want to get caught without one like this guy.))
I'm waiting, I'm waiting. Waiting, for NAV to teleport me.

If I am not teleported: make two more essences.
If I am teleported: use two normal essences to force None to tell us his affinity.

Is Null's affinity Void or Nothing? Pumpkins, perhaps?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 506