Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179893 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 85 Arcane antiterrorist squad
« Reply #1755 on: May 24, 2015, 04:51:40 pm »

((Crikey.))

NERD RAEG!!!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 24, 2015, 05:24:30 pm »

((So it says that None is pinned by the ceiling. That makes sense. I'm under a dragon's talon with my head sticking out. Is it just a clerical error or am I somehow not pinned?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 24, 2015, 05:26:42 pm »

((You are totaly pinned))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 24, 2015, 05:33:02 pm »

Aim for his other eye and spit at it. Increase the acceleration so it hits. Hoping here that it'll make the dragon flinch and unpin me.

If successful, run west.

EDIT: Try to wriggle out if the spit doesn't work.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:41:44 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 24, 2015, 05:44:09 pm »

((I'm probably going to die... but there's no reason I can't try to survive.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 24, 2015, 06:44:47 pm »

Ho there Mage, who are you and what is your area of specialty, myself, I work with the wonders of alcohol and I look for a friend in this dangerous land, and perhaps a way to sell my wares.  You could join me you know.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 08:05:13 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 24, 2015, 08:24:16 pm »

((Who are you talking to?))
Generic Arms Race.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 24, 2015, 11:37:33 pm »

((Marcus))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 24, 2015, 11:47:54 pm »

"Ah-hah! 'ere we go! Just need a few more..."
Make 2 more essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 25, 2015, 12:49:34 am »

Ho there Mage, who are you and what is your area of specialty, myself, I work with the wonders of alcohol and I look for a friend in this dangerous land, and perhaps a way to sell my wares.  You could join me you know.
"Hello. I'm Marcus, and my affinity is mind control. Speaking of which, summon for me an almost completely alcoholic, non-harmful, non-unappetizing drink that increases the competence of spells and has no unappetizing (for me) ingredients."

(Force the booze mage to do the bolded action. Don't use essences on this. If I am summoned, the pms that I sent last turn apply. Where are the two essences that I made last turn?)

After compelling Drew (only if I attempt to compel Drew), make an essence.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 25, 2015, 06:36:22 am »

May I join the game? I've read the thread, so I should have a good grasp on current events.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 25, 2015, 07:09:06 am »

((For a character like that- well that affinity, you'll probably need to make some example spells to show DreamerGhost that it's valid- I had to do that for my affinity.))
Generic Arms Race.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 25, 2015, 08:10:18 am »

((For a character like that- well that affinity, you'll probably need to make some example spells to show DreamerGhost that it's valid- I had to do that for my affinity.))

Easy enough.

-Arcane Research: Search the Aether for information on a specific person, place, or object.

-Infuse Knowledge: Some people (Crimson, specifically), have had revelations about performing certain types of magic. If Crimson allowed me to do some work on him, I could probably duplicate and transfer his knowledge of explosions or animation.

-Extract knowledge: Exactly what it sounds like. Not always useful, but might be interesting with enough essences.

-Dispel Illusions: Again, pretty obvious. I suppose the same process could be used to reveal lies or hidden intentions. (Read: PM'd actions.)

-Impart Delusions: Basically, Infuse Knowledge with false information. It can't affect your senses, but it could convince you that a monster-infested lake is perfectly safe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:27 am »

((I'd call that good enough. Although you'd have a hard time killing anybody...))
Generic Arms Race.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 25, 2015, 09:38:01 am »

((I'd call that good enough. Although you'd have a hard time killing anybody...))

Killing people isn't really my character's goal. I plan to set up shop near James' treehouse, then sell knowledge I acquire through the Arcane Research spell. There's a good chance people will be interested in buying information related to the Obelisks or hidden gods.

In short, I'm a noncombatant.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:48:57 am by Whisperling »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 506