Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179857 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 85 Arcane antiterrorist squad
« Reply #1785 on: May 27, 2015, 07:49:03 am »

((oh, you think he's dead. Right now I'm listening to a song called Invasion of the Not Quite Dead. Just wait until bolts of [NO_CHANCE_I'M_TELLING_YOU] are coming down around your ears.))
{Unconscious, pinned, bleedout, 1 Turn remaining}
((Dude, you are dead. So dead. You have 1 turn left to live, are unconscious, and even if you did wake up, would be pinned under a pile of rubble.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 27, 2015, 07:55:19 am »

((oh, you think he's dead. Right now I'm listening to a song called Invasion of the Not Quite Dead. Just wait until bolts of [NO_CHANCE_I'M_TELLING_YOU] are coming down around your ears.))
{Unconscious, pinned, bleedout, 1 Turn remaining}
((Dude, you are dead. So dead. You have 1 turn left to live, are unconscious, and even if you did wake up, would be pinned under a pile of rubble.))
((I was literally inside a dragon's stomach for two full turns. His survival is not entirely outside of the question.))

((Speaking of dragons, does the dragon have to pass any END rolls yet? I hit him through the eye with a near-perfect [EXPUNGED] arrow and its speed was boosted by acceleration magic so it should've had some decent penetration. Considering the internal bleeding I've now given it, it might start coughing up blood now as well.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 27, 2015, 02:14:48 pm »

((Talk about that after I cast my first spell with my affinity. Might as well reveal my affinity, since None's likely dead anyway...))

None's crystal vibrates, the dimensions not being kind to it. With a puff of smoke, it shatters, and a thought flies through the air, into everybody's mind.

"Awesome. Pure, undefiled, Awesome."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 27, 2015, 02:43:03 pm »

((He could, couldn't he. I wonder how it would taste?))

Exactly like normal alcohol, but chewable.

((I applaud your ingenuity and now move to steal that idea.))

((Also, sigged.))

((Feel free.))

((Whoo, my first sig!))

Also, first action:

Make three knowledge essences, then head towards the treehouse. May as well visit the most obvious sign of civilization.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 27, 2015, 03:02:32 pm »

Two aether essences. After None expires, head back to the treehouse, but grab None's shards before leaving if Crimson doesn't.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 27, 2015, 03:08:31 pm »

((How does Awesome let you do anything?))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 27, 2015, 03:43:04 pm »

((How does Awesome let you do anything?))

((For a character like that- well that affinity, you'll probably need to make some example spells to show DreamerGhost that it's valid- I had to do that for my affinity.))

((He can do something with it. Unfortunately, knowing the affinity doesn't help much in terms of figuring out what that is.))

((I do have an idea or two, but saying them publicly may not be the best idea. They mostly have to do with his past statements.))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 03:46:56 pm by Whisperling »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 27, 2015, 04:21:56 pm »

((I am treating Awesome afinity as something that would be named "Holy" in your average rpg/jrpg, except without healing part. Turn incoming in 5 mins.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 27, 2015, 04:29:54 pm »

Turn 86

keep waiting for wings to get ready, figure out what i made.

LUCK [5]

Flare inspected the twirling gizmo in his hand. Whatever initiated motion was somewhere within the box. It wasn't too difficult to remove one wall of the box for someone who could shape metals with his mind. Within, among various clockwork pieces, there were three interlocked gears, that were somehow still spinning. Trying to trail the edges of the gears was nauseating. Of course, the basics of perpetual motion mechanism. This was one of the simpler designs, but it made the mechanism light enough to hold. Flare resealed the box, and engraved appropriate warning on a side. Such things were covered up for a reason; looking at perpetual motion enabling geometries was harmful to ones sanity.
{Wings: 60%}

"Well he was all talk. Now to get my shards back."
Begin flying back to the treehouse.

James shouts through his megaphone, sounding extremely annoyed. "Marcus, I know you have my shards. I'm giving you one chance to fix your mistake. Hand them over to the troll and don't try anything."

SPD [(5+1)/2+2=5]
CMP [3+1+1-1-1=3]
POT [2+1+1=4]
CMP [1+1+1-1=2]
POT [5+1+1-1=6]
CMP [1]
POT [4]

James began flying towards his treehouse. The battle was over, if one would call this a battle. There were shards to recover and a mischievous mage to shout at. James pulled out a tinfoil hat from the ether and sighed. From above, It was easy to see the entire battlefield. Grundar had finally reached the castle, and stood around seemingly confused. Dragon was scratching its jaw with a claw while Azenfar was running somewhere. And judging from the brownish looking cloud in the plum forest, someone was messing around near his treehouse.  Wait, what is this melody?

NERD RAEG!!!

This makes no sense.
Spoiler: None at all (click to show/hide)
END [4+1=5]
CMP [5+3+1=9]
POT [6+3+1+5=15]

None awoke among, surrounded by rubble from all sides. Everything was in pain, and what wasn't, likely was not a thing anymore. But he would not die just yet. No was still unavenged. The honorless scum outside would not be able to get away so easily. None spat out mass of shattered teeth and blood, and began chanting. His three still working fingers found their ways to a particular pocket creating a link for spell to the soul shards. One chance. One chance was all he needed.

The world turned dark. It was not due to lack of light, but rather because excess of it. Shimmering bright liquid defying all physics emerged from cracks of rubble. It shone with brightness that eclipsed the sun, all colors prevalent among its surface, yet merging into single infinite brilliance. Strange melody could be heard by all four mages that converged near the castle, and then the luminescent liquid crashed back into ruins, converging into one place.

From beneath the ruins, a figure emerged, its features completely concealed by radiant liquid surrounding it. The figure was that of an elemental spirit, humanoid, featureless, embodiment of an idea. There was no question as to what was the power of None. Ancient and forgotten art, power that disappeared long before any still living mortal was born. This was true for all but one. None still possessed the knowledge and power of magic of Awesome.
{Elemental form, 2 turns}

Two aether essences. After None expires, head back to the treehouse, but grab None's shards before leaving if Crimson doesn't.

Stuff

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [2+1=3]
CMP [4]
POT [1]

CMP [5+1+1-1=6]
POT [1+1=2]

Jase casually focused an additional drop of power to replenish what he had lost here. Crimson raised his spear to begin working on his damaged arm. Explosion among the ruins caught them both completely off-guard. Crimson angled his spear towards whatever was happening there and attempted to create an explosion, but he was not prepared to handle the sensory input. What was supposed to be a violent wave that crushed what still stood, a *pop* sound could be heard near the castle. This was not something that was supposed to happen.

Aim for his other eye and spit at it. Increase the acceleration so it hits. Hoping here that it'll make the dragon flinch and unpin me.

If successful, run west.

EDIT: Try to wriggle out if the spit doesn't work.

SPD [4+1=5] vs [2+1=3]
CMP [5]
POT [3]
LUCK [10]
SPD [(3)/2=1.5]

Azenfar was completely pinned. Only his head could move. In one last act of defiance, mage spat at huge beast before him. Magic did not quite carry this physical insult quite far enough to reach the eye, impacting instead on the jaw and immediately freezing into an icicle. Dragon growled in annoyance ad scratched the icicle away with a claw. When dragon noticed which claw exactly it had used, Azenfar was running through the plum forest.

"Ah-hah! 'ere we go! Just need a few more..."
Make 2 more essences.

CMP [2+1=3]
POT [6+1=7]
CMP [4]
POT [2]

It felt good knowing that you had enough luck to fill seven golden horseshoes. But Gambler felt like staying here for a while longer. The center of the Island involved angry mages, an even angrier dragon and not a single gambling house of any repute. This was as fine a place to be as any for now.

"Hello. I'm Marcus, and my affinity is mind control. Speaking of which, summon for me an almost completely alcoholic, non-harmful, non-unappetizing drink that increases the competence of spells and has no unappetizing (for me) ingredients."

After compelling Drew (only if I attempt to compel Drew), make an essence.

Instead I'll look around the store to see if theirs a cart or something, and I'll summon various alcoholic drinks in barrels, and summon mugs.

CMP [4]
POT [3+1=4]

CMP [3]
POT [6+2=8]
CMP [1]
POT [3+2-1=4]

CMP [1+1-1-1=0]
POT [5]

Without much hurry, Dwen placed his barrel and several cups that transformed into large mugs, all quickly filled with different kinds of beer and mead. The barrel was filled with wine. Now only to get some customers.

Behind Dwen, Marcus was implementing his idea of obtaining a perfect drink. Without bothering to hide his actions in any way, he enforced control on Dwen. Alcohol mage yelped in surprise, as his hands moved into a position that formed a magical rune, while his lips moved to spell a chant. It was a horrid feeling, seeing your body move with no input from him. Yet he reached only halfway through the chant before deciding that he would have no part in this and forcibly shutting his mouth right then and there. The spell collapsed, turning all drinks he had just summoned into gas, forming a cloud of alcohol that engulfed both him and Marcus.

CONTINUE TO MEDITATE AND BUILD UP ESSENCES

CMP [4+1=5]
POT [1+1=2]
CMP [1]
POT [4]

Romanticarnus continued enjoying the sights. The guy fighting the dragon had somehow escaped from underneath the claw. A cloud smelling like beer emerged from the plum forest. This was like the time he had seen a theater show by some particularly insane and incompetent cultist. Only a bag of fried eyeballs was between this and perfection.

Viznor the seer entered the arena at the moment when all potential opponents were busy with various squabbles and battles, just as he planned. This would give him enough time and chances to befriend those collected here, just as he wanted. Viznor had no wish to participate within the battles, but such an event had to be recorded. It would be a sin to leave such even to be lost in the annals of history.  The treehouse did not look too menacing for a mage made structure. It would be a fine starting point.
Make three knowledge essences, then head towards the treehouse. May as well visit the most obvious sign of civilization.

CMP [6+1=7]
POT [5+1=6]
CMP [6]
POT [6]
CMP [3+1-2=2]
POT [2+1-2=1]

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:33:15 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 86 My spell is the one that will pierce the heavens
« Reply #1794 on: May 27, 2015, 04:37:49 pm »

Now before you start (righteously) screaming at me, I shall explain how elemental form works (In this case at least).

None gets a haelthy body with same stats, but extra +1 to CMP and POT rolls for the duration of the spell. After the spell ends, None will be back to his old mincemeat self.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 27, 2015, 04:39:45 pm »

((This should be fun. But I guess that means DG didn't get my PM turn addendum.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 27, 2015, 04:43:59 pm »

((This should be fun. But I guess that means DG didn't get my PM turn addendum.))

((Latest message from you in my inbox apeared on sunday, and it did not contain an action. It seems that your message was indeed lost.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 27, 2015, 04:45:34 pm »

((Damn, probably would have stopped all this. It replaced the first essence with a Silence spell to prevent this exact thing happening, with a couple of essences to power it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 27, 2015, 04:47:31 pm »

Now before you start (righteously) screaming at me, I shall explain how elemental form works (In this case at least).

None gets a haelthy body with same stats, but extra +1 to CMP and POT rolls for the duration of the spell. After the spell ends, None will be back to his old mincemeat self.
((I'm surprised it's only a +1 bonus. On the plus side, I imagine I'm nearly indestructible by the mages I'm about to reck.))

"HAHAHAHA!!! Prepare to die, evil mages, for my spell is the one that will pierce the heavens and may your bodies will be wracked by various phages!"

Grab my sword(I assume it's nearby), and go and attack the mages outside the castle. WRECK THEM COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AWESOMELY!!! Use magic to amplify the Awesomeness of my attack. If I have extra time, make 2 Awesome essences.

If possible, Awesome nerdcore tunes play while I attack.

Edit:

((Damn, probably would have stopped all this. It replaced the first essence with a Silence spell to prevent this exact thing happening, with a couple of essences to power it.))

((I theorize that Awesome is outside the realm of normal magic, that is, magic using aether, and thus your spell wouldn't have worked anyway... but that's up to DG's interpretation.))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:08:48 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 27, 2015, 05:11:29 pm »

((While you would be more cleric than mage in D&D, it would totaly had worked.))
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 506