Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1179334 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 86 My spell is the one that will pierce the heavens
« Reply #1860 on: June 01, 2015, 06:59:40 am »

((5 missions in that montage. Nice, but not 20 missions.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 86 My spell is the one that will pierce the heavens
« Reply #1861 on: June 01, 2015, 06:34:11 pm »

Turn 87

"HAHAHAHA!!! Prepare to die, evil mages, for my spell is the one that will pierce the heavens and may your bodies will be wracked by various phages!"

Grab my sword(I assume it's nearby), and go and attack the mages outside the castle. WRECK THEM COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY AWESOMELY!!! Use magic to amplify the Awesomeness of my attack. If I have extra time, make 2 Awesome essences.

If possible, Awesome nerdcore tunes play while I attack.
"Agreed. 100%."

We need more angels.
"Evil? He threatened us first. Crimson, I think he's gone senile in his old age."

Angel motif intensifies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Youtube search compells you!

Crimson readied his spear, Jace prepared to act at moment’s notice. None surprised them once, It was possible that he would try to do this again. The element of surprise, its power increased orders of magnitude in wizardly battles. Yet it was an advantage that None won once again. With no regard for his safety, Awesome mage jumped from ruined keep onto duo of mages below. Even though being reduced to rubble reduced keeps' height considerably, it was still at least ten meters from the ground.

The leap was suicidal. Jace and crimson froze, their minds grinding to stop for few precious seconds, unable to comprehend such absurd. With impact of a falling meteor, None descended on the mages below, his right fist colliding with Jace while his left knocked down Crimson. Impact of one mage landing and two hitting against the courtyard with great speed knocked up a cloud of dust, forming a ring that would usually mark an explosion. Whatever plans the duo had would were knocked straight out of them, replaced by pain and shock.
{Forcible action ending/interruption. No other effects.}
Spoiler: Just so you know (click to show/hide)

"mmmmm......its been too long sense I let my power roam so freely. I wonder what I should do with you......wait she has a book on golems right?  I left that communication orb at home but maybe I can make another..."

wait a bit more for my wings, while doing so make a communication orb and contact "ice" asking her if she can lend me that book on golems, tell her to send it through the portal

Communication orbs weren't that hard. It was as simple as creating a quantum entanglement between an object you had and another object. Usually, another object somewhere else, without any precise coordinates. Object that had to be identical to yours. It was only slightly more difficult to do between dimensions. Then it was as simple as writing a message and hoping Ice would notice. "I shall send you the tome through main portal in {2 turns worth of time}. For your sake, I hope that you have decided to abandon this foolish ordeal and want a golem to fake your death and escape." Easy as pie, Flare thought pocketing his orb.

"Oh dear. At's gonna be a problem. Makin' some back-up essences might be a good idea. Too many 'a us mages. Ne'er a good sign, that."
Make 2 more essences.

Gambler waited and observed. Not with his eyes of course, what he examined was too far to see. His magical senses, attuned by many years of use, looked over battles that were fought by his competition. None were moving towards him yet, and that was good enough for now.

Fly over to Azenfar and heal him and regrow his arm using 2 +1/+1 essences. Try to not give him cancer this time.
Summon 3 healing pills after.

Stuff

Azenfar was running. He ran through the plum forest, even though his legs were in great pain. With each movement, blood seeped from the wounds dragons teeth had caused. But not only his legs were in pain, ice on his hand and chest was thawing, unclogging wounds and allowing blood to get through. But he dared not to stop. Roar of the dragon was just behind him. And Azenfar did not want to try his luck again.

But it was not meant for Azenfar to escape. He was crippled and the one chasing had wings. The beating of wings was getting closer. It came too close. Azenfar waited until he could almost feel frozen breath of the dragon at his back and the dived left. Just to the right of him, maw of the dragon closed. Had he not moved, accelerator knew he'd be a whole head shorter. But he jumped too far, the mage slid over muddy shore and into the lake. But the reason of this mighty leap was not just fear of very certain death at his heels. Azenfar looked at his legs with amazement - they were fine again. Ice from his arm dropped and wounds over it closed and it regenerated up to elbow. Accelerator did not need to think long about what happened, for his sharp eyes caught James hovering over lake, his hand extended forwards, fingers forming a holy symbol. Dragon looked at James once, before focusing back on Azenfar.

((James is happy with thee. Welcome to the shop. Keep doing what you're doing.
It's the tree that won't be happy.))

((I think it would be possible for a mind mage to fix that, given enough time and essences. The thing has a consciousness, even if your grovesense will be necessary to access it.))
That was just what I was thinking.

Give James his shards. Soothe the tree. Inquire about the function of the "Eldrich Choir". Make an essence.

Marcus focused his magic on the treehouse. It was intelligent, that much was known, but this intelligence was strange, so greatly different from that of a human. The only reason why he could communicate as such was the magic which created the tree. But as Marcus explored, he felt mind of treehouse shift, its attention focused on where he was. It was time to get out, if tree found what happened it would conjure enough spikes to turn this whole forest into a rose bush. But now he had a path, and next try would be far easier.
{This is James familiar speaking. James is preoccupied, and cannot answer your call. Please send a message through aetherlines later.}

You know what, who cares about a tavern, apparently nothing stays permanent here, and that tree freaks me out.

Take some of my alcohol, control it to cost the treehouse and turn it into methonal((2 spells?)) Use 5 shards to give a 1 camp bonus to both spells and a 1 pot bonus to the second spell. If the answer to the question is yes I will get drunk first

The treehouse was spiked and intelligent. For some reason, this unnerved Dwen. Trees were not supposed to think, they were supposed to be used to make wood alcohol. Maybe if he showed an example of what the tree was supposed to strive to be? By his command, cloud of alcoholic beverages moved slightly towards the treehouse. Well that was disappointing, Dwen though, before remembering that he was entirely sober, which may had interfered. Well while he was at it he could had made some methanol, and coat the tree afterwards. This time the spell went much better, and what was once ale, was now entirely undrinkable pool of liquid at the base of the treehouse. Did those spikes grow longer?
Viznor raises an eyebrow at the cloud. Weren't these mages supposed to be a bit more competent than your average spellcaster?

No matter.

The seer makes three more essences, then sits down in preparation for a long session of wizardry. If there is a reasonably-sized stone in the surrounding area, he will place it in front of himself.

Viznor looked around, seeking a stone for purposes beyond understanding of common men. Yet trees aside, the ground was flat like a mirror, with not even a pebble in sight, and the purpose would remain unclear. Instead, Viznor found a soft patch of grass, untainted by beer smelling clouds, and began meditating.

ESSANCES AND CONTINUE TO WATCH THE CRAZYNESS UNFOLD.
Romanticarnus was having difficulty to choose one of the options presented. On one hand, another mage joined the battle against dragon, which would make things far more interesting. On another hand and side of the island, mage had transformed into strange creature and began fighting two others. Such a pity he had never mutated an eye on the back of his head.

I was rather busy past few days (as you can probably guess from turn delay) and I think I have missed some PMs. If I haven't answered your question, then I missed it, so please ask again. Also, I'd like to know how spoilering rolls is working out for you.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:51:32 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 87 Impact punch and desperate restoration
« Reply #1862 on: June 01, 2015, 06:44:24 pm »

"heheheh you know me better than that ice, and I know you would stay and fight if it was you..."

check wings, if ready for use test them out and get a feel for them, then fly to the portal. if they are not ready, walk to the portal.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 01, 2015, 06:48:54 pm »

Move the cloud of alcohol around to coat the tree house then turn it into Methonal, a different kind of alcohol, use shards as stated above

((In response to the pm question, because my character is an alcohol wizard does he get bonuses when drunk?))

((Oh and I hope your okay with the quote I added to my sig.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 01, 2015, 07:22:38 pm »

"Resistance is futile, give up now,
    perhaps now you see the wisdom of my kapow!
Now wrath incarnate, before you see,
    the endless power of my inner me!"

Secret action this time.

Edit:((I think on a six for str you would both be unconscious or dead.))

Edit 2:((I didn't even realize I would be jumping from the keep...))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:24:31 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 01, 2015, 07:28:34 pm »

Move the cloud of alcohol around to coat the tree house then turn it into Methonal, a different kind of alcohol, use shards as stated above

((In response to the pm question, because my character is an alcohol wizard does he get bonuses when drunk?))

((Oh and I hope your okay with the quote I added to my sig.))

((I sent the answer with pm. And it's mostly flatering to have sigs of my posts. It also serves as a gateway to ths thread, and more people playing. Win/Win/Win.

EDIT: Wait, are you trying to turn alcohol into methanol or treehouse in methanol?))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 01, 2015, 08:21:30 pm »

((Also... something that needs saying... Jase Evilmage cancels magic: interrupted by None Nevermore. Alternatively, Crimson Evilmage cancels magic: interrupted by None Nevermore. Or just... Evilmage 1 and Evilmage 2 cancel magic: interrupted by fists.))

((Carry on.))
Generic Arms Race.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 01, 2015, 09:03:51 pm »

((That's great, I sent you a pm.

Also I was tempted to take Nav's Well I guess I need to kill another god but decided not to))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 01, 2015, 09:36:22 pm »

((Except that None is the evil one here, what with the threats and what not, avenging someone who attacked us first with no provocation. We were just cutting off the villain before he could prepare for his plan. We're anti-heroes at worst.))

((Also, DG, how do combat and movement interact? Because it seems like None would have just moved a hex without a movement roll. And what courtyard? We (or at least Jase) never entered the castle grounds as far as I know. Thought it was just an open plain outside. What are the surroundings like? I'm confused as to what the battlefield looks like.))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:01:23 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 01, 2015, 10:19:57 pm »

Pm sent.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 02, 2015, 03:50:18 am »

"I owe you greatly, healer mage!"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 02, 2015, 06:51:49 am »

((Except that None is the evil one here, what with the threats and what not, avenging someone who attacked us first with no provocation. We were just cutting off the villain before he could prepare for his plan. We're anti-heroes at worst.))

((Also, DG, how do combat and movement interact? Because it seems like None would have just moved a hex without a movement roll. And what courtyard? We (or at least Jase) never entered the castle grounds as far as I know. Thought it was just an open plain outside. What are the surroundings like? I'm confused as to what the battlefield looks like.))

((Things like that happen when you roll 6/6 on Awesome. Usually, you would had moved first, since there was enough distance between you and None, and your plans were ranged. But between max roll and Nones inheritant lightness as a spirit, he leapt twenty meters forwards, landing on you two.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 02, 2015, 06:59:04 am »

((That attack... was... awesome... or Awesome, for that matter. I wish I got a higher roll for strength.))

((Plan? What plan, I don't have time for a plan, I'm just trying to kill you both before my time expires. To the rest of your statement... Awesome.))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 07:09:22 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 02, 2015, 10:56:12 am »

Since the turn was on Monday due to delay, should I post the next turn on Thursday instead of Wednesday? The turn afterwards would be on Sunday and we'd return to usual turn times.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 02, 2015, 11:29:25 am »

Gah that tree is crazy, maybe I need a stronger spell

Create 3 essences
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:59:47 pm by fillipk »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 506