Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163773 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 87 Impact punch and desperate restoration
« Reply #1890 on: June 03, 2015, 03:02:50 pm »

((I could too, if I thought about it.  I'm going to assume that if I die, the affinity I pm'd is okay?))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: June 03, 2015, 03:06:33 pm »

((I had an interesting realization. You could determine the power of a character by how many times a turn title was named for something they did. For No, that was once, and None, twice(three times?) so far.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: June 03, 2015, 04:02:42 pm »

((i can start creating bags of holding then,yay! Or jars of holding.Or stuff.))
I am a Goober.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: June 03, 2015, 05:39:47 pm »

Viznor concentrates on the dragon, attempting to coax knowledge from the Aether. He puts special emphasis on its abilities and possible weaknesses, in addition to using a single +1,+1 essence to augment the spell.

((Could you PM me the results?))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: June 03, 2015, 06:21:28 pm »

((Interesting realization 2: I'm fighting 2 of the 3 remaining mages who appeared at the start of the game. This won't go well. For them.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: June 03, 2015, 08:49:52 pm »

((I've come to the realization that suiciding, even though it is to appease the booze god, does not make a good story.))

Find the dragon and summon it drinks so it gets drunk

((I will quote my next character when if this one dies and re pm the affinity until then drinks for everyone, they may or may not be transformed into methonal when they are in your body  ;D ))
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:58:17 pm by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: June 03, 2015, 08:52:08 pm »

((I've come to the realization that suiciding, even though it is to appease the booze god, does not make a good story.))

((I like this plan))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: June 03, 2015, 09:41:26 pm »

((The booze mage lives on! Go make that dragon drunk, I believe in you!))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: June 04, 2015, 08:48:06 am »

((i should seduce a naga and make some mutant naga wizard babies)) waiting for turn pls.
Harden starts YODELING because reasons
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:17:20 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: June 04, 2015, 03:22:07 pm »

Turn 88

Look around a bit, making [2] essences.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hatch in pretending to be the very tip of a hill opened up. It was of more complex construction than the simple trapdoor Gambler had seen before, this one was raised by four rods of iron, allowing sight to all directions. Not that it seemed to be needed, as the goblin peeking outside seemed to know exactly what he was looking for. Gambler recognized the goblin as one of bossy goblins underlings that were with him when the first hatch opened. "Um, excuse me, mister mage, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you doing here?"

"Resistance is futile, give up now,
    perhaps now you see the wisdom of my kapow!
Now wrath incarnate, before you see,
    the endless power of my inner me!"

Secret action this time.
Stuff
Stuff

Before either Jace or Crimson could get up from the ground and counterattack, None was already upon them. None was ferocious, his movements quick and efficient, but there was a reason for this rush, for awesome mage new his time was running out. In fact, what he did was a move of desperation more than a true attempt to eliminate an opponent. He grabbed Crimsons head with both hands, lifting up entire metal body, meeting force mage at the eye level. Then Crimson began to scream. It was a inhuman sound produced by lungs of iron and shaped by throat of metal. But with this spell, None had signed his death warrant. Light collapsed around three mages, knocking rising Jace back into the dirt. After aether mage dared to open his eyes again, he noticed that all three of them were sprawled on the ground. Himself, fine, if a bit roughed up, Crimson unconscious and decorated with various colored ornamentations, and None dead, corpse leaking fresh blood.
{None has been killed, Crimson is recovering from what felt like being flayed alive}

"I owe you greatly, healer mage!"
"You're welcome. Now let's take down that dragon!"
Summon an anti-dragon bolt, using 3 +1/+1 essences. Load it into my crossbow and shoot the dragon.
Stuff

It was two mages against a mighty dragon. James, held up by his jetpack, was hanging overhead, as if some divine judge pondering dramatically before declaring the sentence. Dragon was on the ground beneath, its chilled body causing nearby plant life to freeze and whiten. And Azenfar, who surprised both his ally and his opponent by making good use of his restored legs and running away towards the forest. Dragon was surprised far less by this action than James, it was hardly a rare event for people to run away from a dragon. Azenfar barrel got a ten meters head start before Dragon returned to the chace.

Azenfar ran with a direction in mind, there was a part of the forest that was different from others. he had left something there, something that may had allowed him to win this fight still. Yet the dragon was frightfully close, accelerator tried to deter dragon with magic, but he was hardly in best condition to cast. The spell merely caused a strong gust of wind towards the mage, allowing for dragon burn distance between them with an additional step. The two had already raced through where he had wanted to go, Azenfar realized. The fact that nothing happened meant that he was not lucky enough. Then any further thoughts he had were interrupted, as Dragons claw slammed him against a nearby tree, crushing bones and drowning consciousness in the dark.
{Unconscious, chest crushed, bleedout 1 turn left}

James cursed under his breath. It would be harder to hit from afar with all the branches in the way, and he had no desire to fight against dragon in melee. From aether he pulled out a thick spiked bolt, placed it within glass crossbow and flew off towards where dragon had ran away. It seemed he was slightly late, judging from Azenfar lying down and the amount of blood that was splattered on the tree he was leaning on. The dragon was still a problem and James knew there was nobody else around to deal with it. He aimed the crosshair, and fired. Sadly, life of an average mage does not include archery lessons, which combined with fact that most spells were not affected by wind in the slightest, combined into bolt hitting dirt good three meters away from the dragon. Great reptile spun its head towards the bolt, snorted dismissively, and turned its head towards James. For some reason, dragon was covered in a thin sheet of ice.

((I will quote my next character when if this one dies and re pm the affinity until then drinks for everyone, they may or may not be transformed into methonal when they are in your body  ;D ))

When Dwen saw dragon fly overhead chasing some mage, he did not see danger. He did not see a colleague in need of some help either. What he saw was an opportunity of a lifetime. Since the times of Urist the great, there was not a single instance in history of dragon getting drunk. If he could manage it, there would be no one who would dare to question his craft, he would become famous, maybe even a legend! Consumed by thoughts and ideas of how to better make use of such chance, Dwen hardly noticed when he had reached edge of a forest. Tracks led within, and alcohol mage followed diligently. There was a loud *thwack* with a few crunches mixed in and without a doubt Dwen followed. It could only be the sound of dragon crushing an enemy. Blinking, alcohol mage emerged from the thicket, slightly blinded by reflections of sun from snow white scales. He was overcome with choices, there were so many drinks he could offer, whichever to take first? But dragons were not known for patience, and after shouting something along the lines of "Tribute for great white" Dwen got to working his spell. But it seemed that his excitement got the better of him, as roughly a barrel worth of pure alcohol appeared above the dragon. Such an embarrassment, Gwen thought, as dragon turned to him, licked freezing liquid off one of its claws, and turned upwards, as if seeking something.

"heheheh you know me better than that ice, and I know you would stay and fight if it was you..."

check wings, if ready for use test them out and get a feel for them, then fly to the portal. if they are not ready, walk to the portal.

Flare inspected his wings. They gleamed in the sun, not a feather missing or out of place. With a mighty swing of his wings he took to the air. It seemed that no feathers were dropped this time. Like a hawk diving for prey, Flare reached the portal after a flight that ended all too soon.

Harden, the mage of space had entered the arena. Portal bent around him in strange ways, as if recognizing one who had mastery over it. Yet Harden had no time to investigate such small scale magic, he had a battle to win. And the first part of his battle plan was to head northeast.
{Gained +1STR from shards}

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 88 Crushing defeats
« Reply #1900 on: June 04, 2015, 03:32:33 pm »

((I'm disappointed I didn't get to do my thing.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: June 04, 2015, 03:51:12 pm »

More essanses, see what is happening with giant barrel of alcohol

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: June 04, 2015, 03:51:43 pm »

CRISPY TREES,WEEEEEEEEE!!
Finish travelling to the burnt trees,and make two essences. He also flexes his floppy earlobes seductively towards any unfortunate evildoer on his way.

((None died. Saw that coming tho.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 03:54:16 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: June 04, 2015, 03:53:00 pm »

((Crimson's lucky. I was trying to merge with him. I can only imagine what would happen on a 5 for cmp. Now then... beekeeper, ho!))

First action as apiarist: survey the area, make three bees essences.
Generic Arms Race.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: June 04, 2015, 03:56:41 pm »

make to esences
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 506