Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1182798 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 88 Crushing defeats
« Reply #1920 on: June 05, 2015, 09:12:19 am »

((I think you mean methanol. Yes it burns in oxygen, but it requires an ignition source.
Please don't burn my tree.))

((Yes I did and oops, well I'll go light it on fire after the dragon gets drunk.))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: June 05, 2015, 10:27:07 am »

((I would like to join with this character, though I'd like a little explanation on how things such as power level and super saiyan status would function. You don't have to if it's too much work or too OP, but seeing as there's this giant dragon that has been causing terror for half the game I couldn't resist))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I'm thinking he could be a sort of self-buff mage, relying on temporary improvements to his own stats and the occasional super blast. I wonder, how would a Spirit Bomb act on this duck?))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:33:27 am by thegamemaster1234 »

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: June 05, 2015, 10:40:44 am »

((I would like to join with this character, though I'd like a little explanation on how things such as power level and super saiyan status would function. You don't have to if it's too much work or too OP, but seeing as there's this giant dragon that has been causing terror for half the game I couldn't resist))
((I'm thinking he could be a sort of self-buff mage, relying on temporary improvements to his own stats and the occasional super blast. I wonder, how would a Spirit Bomb act on this duck?))
u wot m8. just noe.
and then the bomb fails and you and everyone else is dieded. the edn.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 10:47:28 am by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: June 05, 2015, 11:00:34 am »

u wot m8. just noe.
Ok, ok, no spirit bombs... lol

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: June 05, 2015, 11:06:45 am »

u wot m8. just noe.
And None DID go supersand for a while.Basically. Two turns. Then ded.
I am a Goober.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: June 05, 2015, 11:33:43 am »

u wot m8. just noe.
And None DID go supersand for a while.Basically. Two turns. Then ded.
Well, None's super-complicated mind merge failed, so that's what happened. If you're saying that my character's ineptibility to control his own power will kill him, thanks for the warning. I might decide on something a bit more original than DBZ in the end though, since we already have one character using a force from a liscensed universe.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 05, 2015, 11:50:07 am »

@thegamemaster1234
The usual aplication challenge then. Figure yourself three spells.

@FalacyOfUrist
Could you post beekeepers charsheet again?

@fillipk
((Not quite, you are in the forrest but not in the vortex affected area.))

(The thing that I was after was not in the forest. It was on the tile I was on last turn.)

((Oh damn. Messed up a bit then. Was fairly certain all of those were made in the forest. But a bit too much uses this to easily retcon, so I'll just say that your current position is there because you did not want to stop running with dragon on your hells and went to the forrest. Since you rolled 6 SPD. ))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: June 05, 2015, 11:54:06 am »

Alright, I've decided not to go for DBZ character, and instead go for something else. May need power restrictions, namely when working together with Harden to control space-time, obviously.
Example spells:
-Time acceleration field
-Time deceleration field
-Time rewind on object
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:11:52 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 05, 2015, 01:02:31 pm »

Alright, I've decided not to go for DBZ character, and instead go for something else. May need power restrictions, namely when working together with Harden to control space-time, obviously.
Example spells:
-Time acceleration field
-Time deceleration field
-Time rewind on object
ZWOUNDS! A TIME WHIZBANGER??!! THEE SHALL SUFFER MY WRATH,MISTER TIMEY-WIMEY! *tosses gasoline and matches towards your general direction*
((But seriously,a time traveller who takes other peeps women as sidekicks? Impregnentates one? DOES INCEST WITH THE RESULT? FECK THIS SHOW! My similarity to Doc. Poo was completely unintentional.))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:11:42 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 05, 2015, 01:13:14 pm »

Example spells:
-Time acceleration field
-Time deceleration field
-Time rewind on object
ZWOUNDS! A TIME WHIZBANGER??!! THEE SHALL SUFFER MY WRATH,MISTER TIMEY-WIMEY! *tosses gasoline and matches towards your general direction*
((But seriously,a time traveller who takes other peeps women as sidekicks? Impregnentates one? DOES INCEST WITH THE RESULT? FECK THIS SHOW!))

((I am having a hard time figuring out which of you should "just happen" to spontaneously combust. I'll allow the character, not certain though how should I handle possible time travel scenarios. Case by case basis I guess))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 05, 2015, 01:20:38 pm »

((Dang, one of my affinity ideas was Time Speed- that eliminates some versatility, but deals with the problem of time travel. About time travel- nothing can travel against time's flow. The flow can be stopped, slowed, quickened, or split, but it cannot be reversed. So you can time travel into the future... in which case you're out for a certain number of turns... but not into the past.))

((Idea: when a player dies, the shards generated by their death is the number of affinities they have times 5.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 05, 2015, 01:51:42 pm »

My idea was that though true time travel could not be achieved (except for perhaps phasing something a turn or two into the future) but that objects could be shifted to an earlier (or later) state on the time line, potentially allowing for "time healing" or "time aging." The farther you go the more power you need, so it's impractical to try to kill people with it, but you can potentially remove enchantments, grow plants, that kind of thing. And no, you can't revive creatures with that, the body will reverse back to its original state but with no soul, which means it just "dies" again.

Also, I'll take Harden's reaction to The Doctor's appearance as a joke, since characters aren't able to talk to those outside of the arena, as far as I've seen (and because you were bashing Doctor Who). Unless some interesting backstory is going to come in that makes him inherently hate time users.

New color, this good?

First action as time mage: create two time essences. If anything of a dragon is seen, run in the EXACT OPPOSITE DIRECTION.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:44:03 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 05, 2015, 02:06:55 pm »

My idea was that though true time travel could not be achieved (except for perhaps phasing something a turn or two into the future) but that objects could be shifted to an earlier (or later) state on the time line, potentially allowing for "time healing" or "time aging." So it ends up being kinda like life/death, but time based, not life/death based, and requiring a significant amount of power, with more power required the farther back you need to go.

Also, I'll take Harden's reaction to The Doctor's appearance as a joke, since characters aren't able to talk to those outside of the arena, as far as I've seen (and because you were bashing Doctor Who). Unless some interesting backstory is going to come in that makes him inherently hate time users.

Oh, and here's my color (beige on navy glow) if that's not too similar to someone else's.
The forgotten beast Harden has come! A great-eared humanoid monstrosity.Its disgusting ears squirm and fidget. Beware its deady spatial powers!
((getting real bored here.Luckboys color is similar.))
I am a Goober.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: June 05, 2015, 02:28:16 pm »

My idea was that though true time travel could not be achieved (except for perhaps phasing something a turn or two into the future) but that objects could be shifted to an earlier (or later) state on the time line, potentially allowing for "time healing" or "time aging." The farther you go the more power you need, so it's impractical to try to kill people with it, but you can potentially remove enchantments, grow plants, that kind of thing. And no, you can't revive creatures with that, the body will reverse back to its original state but with no soul, which means it just "dies" again.

New color, this good?

First action as time mage: create two time essences. If anything of a dragon is seen, run in the EXACT OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

((So basically your affinity is not time, it's casueing the effects OF time, or reversing those effects.

I believe a good name for this may be faux-time))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: June 05, 2015, 02:48:14 pm »

((So basically your affinity is not time, it's casueing the effects OF time, or reversing those effects.

I believe a good name for this may be faux-time))
Well, according to that definition, I cannot accelerate or decelerate the flow of time, I can only make things move faster or slower as if effected by time magic. Basically I'm casting magic that, whatever it is, looks like time magic.

My explanation of this is that I am manipulating something's current status in the timestream, taking its state from the past/future and overwriting the one in the present (future is undetermined so that can be quite versatile). (Note that this is time, not space, so the object does not move to its previous position. Otherwise I could simply will someone's head right off.) But if the general consensus is against this kind of move then I'm fine with that.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:50:47 pm by thegamemaster1234 »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 506