Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1180224 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: We have first death
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2014, 06:23:14 pm »

Let's try that a bit different. Summon something that will let me fly (-1).
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2014, 04:46:15 pm »

Turn 9
_________________________________________________________________________________
Climb out of the pit and then MOAR ROCK BOTTLE MAGICK!!!!!!!

DEX [1-1=0]
END [4-1=3]

David, unsatisfied with his curent position compared to that of sea level, jumped and grabed the edge of the pit and pulled himself upwards. Dirt, not being the surdiest of materials, crumbled in David's hands, and runemancer fell back in the hole, managing to hit a stone with his head. David managed to retain his conciousnes through pain and inspect the damage. His head was bleeding, and he felt nauseous from impact, but this was not letheal. Not on it's own at least. Skiping those physical ed clases back at the magic school did not seem like such a great idea by now.

Attempt to cover the keep in large vines, even the roof.
Then, try to grow blue fruit trees outside the castle, with poison curing properties.
(The vines are more important)

If I see another player, will the lawn to pull them down.

CMP [1+1=2]
POT [6]

Isaac continued his asthetic improvements upon the castle. By his will, thick vines shot out of the ground, converged around him, covering the mage from nech to toe, biding him firmly in place. Mistake in designation part, maybe?

Keep heading toward the treehouse. While going there, grab a stick or a blade of grass, or something flammable, and carry it with me.

SPD [(6)/2+1=4]
LUCK [2]

Leo looked around to find something flamable within the chared forrest and was unpleasantl surprised when he found nothing that would suit his goals. All grass had long since turned to ash, and all small branches had burned off the trees, leaving only those that were too large to break off. Annoyed by this lack of resources, Leo continued his trip towards the lakeside treehouse, his anger hasting the steps, he did not even notice that he had arrived at his destination. Among the trees, there were several suspiciously looking holes, possibly pit traps in making.

Get up.
Keep searching the shoreline for things.
Can the box be used as a boat?

Luck [9]

James, recovered from his previous violent success, evaluated the box he had found. It was a sturdy thing, had no holes, and was large enough to use as a makeshift boat. Before trying out the seaworthyness of the box, James looked around the shoreline for anything interesting. His keen eyes, trained for years to notice any abnormalities noticed something sticking out of the water. As he walked over to inspect it, James noticed that it was a long coral formation. The formation seperated from the bottom of the lake easily, revealing a coral staff, meter and a half in length. As James griped the staf firmly in his hand, he could feel his power surging.

(+1 staff of power aquired)

"Pain... Pain is NOTHING!"

Gloomy mage glanced at his further darkening robe.

"Oh. I suppose, bloodloss is still a significant factor."

Six shards for potency. Seven - for random minion... Myself, I summon solid shadow onto fire mage head.

((BTW, what could an overshot in Endurance mean?))

Use the fire still smoldering to make hands for myself out of solid fire: solid (-1)  Also, avoid crazy McAxeman's spell.

CMP [5-1=4]
POT [6]
LUCK [10]
SPD[5+1=6]

CMP [3]
POT [6]
SPD [4]
DEX [6]

Whaz wasted no time after his kill. Without even bothering to pull out the axe he charged forward at Ryan, hand outstreched forward. It did not take long for his target to figure out what was up and roll away just in time. Whaz cast his spell, and just in front of his palm a cubic meter of solid black apeared. It fell on the ground slowly like a balloon, while Whaz stood and wachend in disbelief as his magic succeded for the first time.

Ryan wasted no time after rolling away. Even though he sliped on a golden chalice that was roling on the floor since Kirby's experiements and fell down in a nishe where throne used to be, he still csat his spell. James' hads seared with heat, the charcoal that was where flesh used to be started glowing red with heat. Had this not been magical heat, pyromancer would be screaming in pain once again.

Annoyed by both his miss and pyromancer arming himself with searing claws for hands, Whaz decided that it was time to call for some help. And he had just the thing. Umbramancer crushed seven shards in his hand and called out with his mind. A massie yet nimble figure apeared before him. A pale skined female naga, rising as tall as a man, with several meters of muscular tail behind her, armed with six fearsome steel blades held in her six arms. She turned to whaz and he noticed that there was a small crown decorating her head. When she spoke, her voice seemed to be as calm and as calm as higest mountainpeaks. [color=]"You called and I answered, master."[/color]

"Instant karma... I'm very sorry!"

Apologize to... uhm... the forest? Then head south towards the mountains.

SPD [(1)/2+1=1.5]

Crimson, still deply disturbed by his own mind, apologised to whatever spirits could had inhabited the forest and set out southwards. His apology might have just worked, as mage had no troubles all the way out of the forest.

Let's try that a bit different. Summon something that will let me fly (-1).

CMP [3]
POT [2+1=3]
LUCK [1]
DEX [1]
END[5]

Jase continued to try and create some sort of means of transport. He forced out his spell, and it manifested in a single feathered wing, half a meter in lenght, made entirely out of acid.  he tried to dodge the splaters, but the fleshy grass proved to be slipery, and Jase's left foot ended up right in the pudle of acid. Mage barely managed so suppress a scream, fearfull of whatever beasts might roam this alien landscape.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2014, 04:52:06 pm »

Magic the vines to root into my skin instead of the ground, giving me vine limbs.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2014, 05:19:28 pm »

((Just a heads up, my character sheet says I have 5 shards, but I thought I used them to activate the portal.))

Third times the charm, right? Summon something that will let me fly (-1) out of solid (-1) Aether.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2014, 05:43:06 pm »

Blast whoever I find with a fireball, using Ranged and Summon. Also use 3 shards on the fireball, so I don't just kill myself. Then get Irus to finish the person off.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:02:26 pm by Scotsmen »
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2014, 05:52:36 pm »

Blast whoever I find with a fireball, using Ranged and Summon. Also use 1 shard on the fireball, so I don't just kill myself.

You need 3 shards to add a +1 to CMP on your spell.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2014, 06:01:11 pm »

"James! Get your ass back here and save me from this lunatic! Come on guy. I'll give you a fifty percent discount on a wand of holding."
Runes of Protection -1

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2014, 06:01:51 pm »

Blast whoever I find with a fireball, using Ranged and Summon. Also use 1 shard on the fireball, so I don't just kill myself.

You need 3 shards to add a +1 to CMP on your spell.
Whoops. Fixed. Also edited a bit more.
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2014, 06:37:15 pm »

kill Umbral Mage before his minion can kill me.  By incinerating him with a touch.

That shouldn't use any modifiers, should it?  Because my hands are made of fire, and it's a touch attack.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2014, 06:49:11 pm »

Sprint back to base, stand in David's protection rune. Give Leo and his pet rapid uncontrolled mitosis(Ranged). Use the staff of power.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:54:37 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2014, 06:54:19 pm »

kill Umbral Mage before his minion can kill me.  By incinerating him with a touch.

That shouldn't use any modifiers, should it?  Because my hands are made of fire, and it's a touch attack.

Your hands are not made of fire, but they are searing hot. And a touch wont incinerate Whaz, though it would burn him pretty bad.

Unless you are using a spell here. Then yeah, you can kill him with a touch if your spell succeds.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2014, 07:00:30 pm »

Sprint back to base, stand in David's protection rune. Give Leo and his pet rapid uncontrolled mitosis(Ranged). Use the staff of power.
this will likely be a backup in case bargaining doesn't work right? Also does summoning cover inanimate objects?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2014, 07:09:18 pm »

Your hands are not made of fire, but they are searing hot. And a touch wont incinerate Whaz, though it would burn him pretty bad.

Unless you are using a spell here. Then yeah, you can kill him with a touch if your spell succeds.
This is a spell.  I was asking you about the penalties therein.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2014, 07:14:08 pm »

Continue on my trek to the south.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2014, 07:46:56 pm »

this will likely be a backup in case bargaining doesn't work right? Also does summoning cover inanimate objects?
Bargaining? Bargaining? You mock me.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 506