Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1163962 times)

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 88 Crushing defeats
« Reply #1950 on: June 05, 2015, 09:43:14 pm »

((Do new mages get a turn right as they appear if they decide on one? I noticed that Harden crushed his shards for a stat point right when he came in.))

"I have heard tell of vast treasure to be found in the castle to the southeast. Allons-y!"
Change previously stated action: still create the two time essences, this time going to the castle. Because there's clearly nothing bad happening at spawn. Yet.

((I also noticed that one of the first 8 mages (Wizard Wizardton the Wizard), which went inactive, mysteriously disappeared with no further mentions of his existence. I assume he's lying there right outside the spawn area, where he was last seen before his removal from the map after Jase summoned the alien landscape on round 6. Apparently inactive users just sit there until someone comes to claim their shards now, so maybe he can be called back into existence for people to do with as they like?))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:51:49 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: June 05, 2015, 09:45:21 pm »

((Do new mages get a turn right as they appear if they decide on one? I noticed that Harden crushed his shards for a stat point right when he came in.))
((Yup. I went NW and made an essence or two, for example.))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: June 06, 2015, 01:39:35 am »

((update?))
I am a Goober.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: June 06, 2015, 03:55:52 am »

((update?))
I update by schedule - on Wednesdays and Sundays.

((I looked at the character sheet, first I used my shards, second, are you taking one shard away from a dead person each turn they are dead and they still have shards?))

Fixed and no.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: June 06, 2015, 10:11:06 pm »

((Anything about Wizard Wizardton the Wizard who disappeared near the beginning of the game? I'd like to know if you'd prefer that he was "deleted" or "just forgotten about." (or if he was removed behind-the-scenes via PM from player) If it's decided for him to come out of "hiding," what will happen?))
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:14:55 pm by thegamemaster1234 »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: June 06, 2015, 11:17:00 pm »

((Also... just in case None dies: this one won't be a Nevermore, that would be taking it too far.

Name: Jonas the Beekeeper
Affinity: Bees
Description: A short man wearing a yellow striped jacket. Wears a technologically advanced visor that was a gift from a powerful electric guardian who looked rather bee-ish.
STR: 0
DEX: 1
SPD: 1
END: 0
POT: 6

I'll use this one next if None dies. ))

((If you're wondering, I have plenty of nasty ideas for what to do with bees. And you know how well my nasty ideas work.))
'Tis a shame that bees are so weak-willed. In fact, if someone with a control affinity happened to inexplicably decide that you needed to die as soon as you stepped outside of spawn, he could probably redirect an entire swarm. You wouldn't even be able to kill him with the bees that would remain after your death, for they would die after stinging you. Even a summoner who hated you could summon pheromones.

New action: Head to the castle and retrieve the sixteen shards from that wizard's corpse that died a while ago. If someone retrieves them before me or steals them from me, force them to give me the shards (two essences) and use them to gain the affinity of extension. Have them drop the sword, walk outside, and forget why they came to my general vicinity (4 essences). After doing the above, shatter the four remaining shards if I am still threatened.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:19:32 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: June 06, 2015, 11:54:30 pm »

((Crimson and I are by the castle. That's a warning to anyone trying to come over here, because I still have my essences.))

If there are shards around this area of the castle, like near a corpse, grab them. If I have enough, crush 12 for a permanent CMP boost. Make two aether essences. If anybody shows up wanting a fight, I'll PM some stuff.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:05:21 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: June 07, 2015, 06:53:21 am »

((Theoretically, you could just mind control Jase and have him kill Crimson, then himself. That would make me happy, rather happy.))

((I could just transform you into a bee, then stop its heart. That's one option.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: June 07, 2015, 09:01:44 am »

((*Sighs*))

((Guys, can we please stop with the blood feuds? This is getting kind of annoying to watch.))

Viznor creates three essences.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: June 07, 2015, 10:23:53 am »

((Oh, this isn't a blood feud. Null's secretary is coming later. Jonas isn't going to start hostile to anyone- well... save the dragon.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: June 07, 2015, 11:08:12 am »

((I think he was talking about the constant threats about what people are going to do to other people regarding the shards left on Whaz's corpse.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: June 07, 2015, 11:48:13 am »

((I think he was just talking about the OOC threats which I think should be pm'd more ;) ))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: June 07, 2015, 12:19:16 pm »

((It's a shame, really. Jase was considering asking the Mind Control guy to join us at some point. Or the Luck Mage. You could always go after the Plague Mage guy. He has that neat glove.))

((Also, it's not a blood feud or threats. It's a "Kindly stay away from me so I can get back to what I was doing before somebody decided to stick his No(se) in and hamper things without provocation or any reason beyond 'Oh, I see a group of mages over there. They must be trying to interfere with my dragon overlord'."))

((Hey DG, I have a suggestion. Affinities only add extra shards on death if they were bought with shards. Because otherwise you just paint a giant target on someone's back for exploring and gaining affinities that way.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: June 07, 2015, 01:07:56 pm »

Turn 89

New action: Head to the castle and retrieve the sixteen shards from that wizard's corpse that died a while ago. If someone retrieves them before me or steals them from me, force them to give me the shards (two essences) and use them to gain the affinity of extension. Have them drop the sword, walk outside, and forget why they came to my general vicinity (4 essences). After doing the above, shatter the four remaining shards if I am still threatened.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Marcus moved out towards the castle. It was no longer safe here, between dragon flying around and that methanol pool next to increasingly spiky treehouse, it was time to go. But Marcus moved not only away from danger, but also towards an opportunity. None was killed, and the castle was now once again empty. There was a treasure there, treasure of magic, Marcus could feel that. He had some great plans on how to use that treasure. Yes, it would give him many nice options.

Meanwhile...

If there are shards around this area of the castle, like near a corpse, grab them. If I have enough, crush 12 for a permanent CMP boost. Make two aether essences. If anybody shows up wanting a fight, I'll PM some stuff.
Wake up first. Then two essences while I try to recover.

Jace was digging through the rubble. Part of the castle had collapsed, not a very large part, but it was enough to inhibit passage to some portions of the castle. Portions where he felt there was a treasure of magic. Crimson had recovered and claimed shards that were forged from Nones' death. He chose to stay back for a while, which suited Jace just fine - it would had been annoying to be attacked from behind just because there was no one to stay watch. Yet the search was going poorly - Jace cursed and jumped back as a stone he pulled out let a whole avalanche of rubble loose on him. Aethermage managed to jump back in time, but an unlucky step on a round pebble and Jace fell flat on his butt.

CRISPY TREES,WEEEEEEEEE!!
Finish travelling to the burnt trees,and make two essences. He also flexes his floppy earlobes seductively towards any unfortunate evildoer on his way.

Harden could hardly contain his excitement, for the ashen forest was beneath his feet. Charred trees stood tall, as if they had grown already burned. Volcano and magma fields were still far enough away to not cause any discomfort. Truly, this was a place to be. Harden almost entirely forgot his disappointment that there were no evildoers to taunt with his expert ear wiggling on the way.

Viznor creates three essences.

Viznor casually relaxed in the shade and began to meditate. Shifty looking mage had left and the brewer had left even before him. For now, this forest was his alone.

More essanses, see what is happening with giant barrel of alcohol
Romanticarnus was slightly annoyed. Castle fight had ended abruptly, and the fight against dragon had moved to the forest. Trees were not thick enough to obscure the view completely, but they were pesky nonetheless. One of the mages had doused the dragon in a liquid of some sort, yet managed to remain uneaten. How strange.

make to esences

Flare looked around. There were several mages within the main portal area, and they all were weird. The magic they used was obscure and strange. Some of it seemed to be impossible to use for anything that would help them here. Another entered, and just behind him, a book appeared along with the mage.

"Ello there! I'm jus' Workin a bit o' magic away from alla the commotion ova' near th' portal. Too many mages. 'At's never good news. I'ma luck mage ya see - I need a bit o' preparation to get ready to meet 'em. Load th' dice, ya see? I 'ope I'm not botherin' y'all. I 'an move if you want. Anyway, is there anythin' I can do for ya?"
Make 2 more essences. Chat with the friendly goblin.

"Load the dice? So you are a cheater then. No wonder boss says not to deal with mages. Do all mages cheat?" Goblin eyed Gambler suspiciously. It would seem that goblins take their dice very seriously. It would also seem that goblins did not understand comparisons. Gambler sighed, noticing that goblin looked a bit less friendly than when it first emerged.

More drinks for the dragon
Heal Azenfar again. That mage needs to stop getting almost killed. Heal him a second time if he's still dying. Craft one or two healing essences for a total of 3 spells.
Wake up. Increase the backwards acceleration of the dragon's claw.

James rushed to help Azenfar, to heal his wounds, to save him from many ways in which he was dying right now. Yet he knew it was too late, the damage was too extensive and he still had a dragon to deal with. It seemed that both Azenfar and James knew this, as healing spell was rather weak, only dealing with few of the wounds, while Azenfar embraced the darkness and painless rest that came with it. When Dwen sent pure ethanol clouds rolling through the woods, Accelerator was gone, his spark of life extinguished.

Yet the dragon did not pause to appreciate moment of death of the one who had injured it so. There was another, who attempted to help the now dead offender, and even tried to shoot him. His death was nigh, and dragon launched itself through scarce branches upwards, straight at James. It was not the same mad rush as when it chased Azenfar, yet for those wanting to live there was little difference. James managed to scramble out of the way, and battle took to the air.

A strange mage entered through the portal, widely known as Jonas the beekeeper. There were some mages who managed to twist even the simplest things into bizzare contraptions of battle and Jonas was one of them. What he would bring remained to be seen.
First action as apiarist: survey the area, make three bees essences.

Jonas found himself surrounded by quite a few strange people, certainly mages, yet they seemed to be doing nothing of consequence. A trap maybe? Or did he somehow manage to end up in a wrong place? Yet the runes on the portal were right. This was the place, and if this was a trap, it would show soon.

Another mage entered, known as The Doctor.He was a strange mage, but not merely strange to common people but also strange to other mages. Some even talked behind his back that he was not a mage at all. Yet he was here, portal accepted him, and so a lord of time joined the battle.
"I have heard tell of vast treasure to be found in the castle to the southeast. Allons-y!"
Change previously stated action: still create the two time essences, this time going to the castle. Because there's clearly nothing bad happening at spawn. Yet.

Doctor was an adventurer at hearth, and any adventurer was drawn to danger like a fly to honey. It did not take him long to find he direction of most desired treasure which guaranteed danger. It took even less for him to begin moving there, leaving uneventful group of mages behind.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 89 Influx of new blood
« Reply #1964 on: June 07, 2015, 01:13:42 pm »

"Um... hello? Is anyone around here beeing murderous or evil?"

Notice guy with purple leg, standing stock-still. Realize he's suffering from spirit sickness, so take his shards off his body. Then head south, making three bees essences.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 506